PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's moose

LiegeRiver
10-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Well, my oldest daughter got her first archery moose this week. Buckbrush Outdoors was over here looking for a bull, and I couldn't go (work happens), so she went out to show him around. They found a bull, cow and calf together, and he managed to get them in front of her by using a wind push. Good thinking, and better execution!! The bull and the calf trotted right past my girl, and when the cow came out, she grunted at her and she stopped. She shot the cow at about 40 yards, and she ran off. They trailed her up, and Marilyn took another 20 yard shot, and it was all over. Pretty happy for my girl. Buckbrush will probably post the pics later, as they are all on his camera. He can fill in any other details, too. He's coming back to look for that bull, and I'm going to help him out. I have a shift off at that time, so.....look out, Mr. Moose!!!!!!

Gord

Donny Bear
10-03-2010, 01:11 PM
YES LETS HEAR IT FOR THE GIRL :sHa_shakeshout:

Congrats can't wait for the pictures:)

Rackmastr
10-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Sweet stuff!! Congrats!!

pitw
10-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Too cool. Feel proud as you should.:)

nicholal
10-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Way to go marilyn. Cograts on your first mose...next year you will get youer bear !!...Gord the rut is on hard here!! Played all morning with 3 bulls and a cow..big is over 40 inches!!

AL

Stop Staring at my Rack
10-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Awesome! Cant wait for pics! Congratulations!

Rockymtnx
10-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Congrats on your moose Marylin! Job well done.
Sounds like BBO should have a little pat on the back too!

SugarCreek
10-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Congrats to your daughter...way to get her out in the bush to do a bit of hunting.....look forward to seeing some photos.....Marco

FlyFishFairwx
10-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Good for you Marilyn..

Trevor is still waiting to score a Cow Elk,, it has been a long list of things other then Trevor screwing up the hunt, Big Black Bears, Bigger Grizzlys , Big Bull Elk, lots of Whitetail deer, Young Cowboys and their Girlfriends, Snow, Fog, Rain, and yes even the sun..

Still time so still hope...

Take care and Good Hunting..

Ray Fairweather

buckbrushoutdoors
10-04-2010, 08:07 AM
story and pics up