PDA

View Full Version : What did I see?

Tbar
10-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Was out just North of Blueridge on Saturday morning looking for deer. We decided to walk some of the lease roads becasue we saw so many on the road the day before. I found a stretch of woods to watch while waiting for the sun to come up. At a low point in the road (about 70 yards from me) I saw something massive cross over. It had a rounded back and was about 3 or 4 feet high and looked to be about 7 feet long (these are all pretty rough estimations). I could see it had brown fur and was built prett low to the ground. My first thought was grizzly (because of the size and color) but the shape of the back doesn't really fit. When it was considerably lighter out I went to check out the tracks, but the ground was to hard and there weren't any. Other than that, I don't have any more details. Given the wind and how fast it was moving it probably did get a whiff of me before it crossed the road. My hunting partner was thinking maybe a wild boar? Anyone have thoughts?

Ryry4
10-03-2010, 03:45 PM
My guess would be a bear, either a grizz or a big blackie.

fatrack
10-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Hogs are showing up in areas where they haven't been seen before (as far as I can tell). A friend of mine saw one run across the Robb Rd and one was killed in the Hinton area recently. Suppose it could have been a hog.

Kale_M
10-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Bigfoot?

Albertabowhunter
10-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I would bet a big black bear.... JMO

Marcus
10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Must have been the Blueridge Sasquatch!

deadeye
10-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Could be a wandering grizzly, it's not that far from grizzly country.

deanmc
10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
That was likely Helga.Blue Ridges Half Hippo Half woman Hunchback. She used to work in the pub But they vanquished her to the forest where she lives on bugs and berries.

If she was around you might as well have left because the deer wont go near her.

mudbug
10-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Grizzly, they are out in that area. :thinking-006:

Could have been Helga as well.......

pickrel pat
10-03-2010, 09:09 PM
now that we know what everyone else thinks you saw, ill ask you.... what did your first gut instinct tell you it was?

Tbar
10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
My gut was telling me grizzly. Mainly because it was dark and I wasn't in a tree stand and I'm the type of guy who carries two cans of bear spray with me...bottom line...I was a little nervous. But when I had more time to think about it, something about the way it moved and the general shape didn't look grizzly to me. Plus I've hunted in this area a fair bit and never seen grizzley sign there before (lots of black bear though).

I've see some of the woman in Blueridge as we pass through....I won't count out the Helga theory just yet either. Definitley not a samsquanch...to short.