PDA

View Full Version : What to get next?

npauls
10-06-2010, 11:30 PM
I am in a predicament right now and would like the boards help.

I have sold my old 4 runner finally and the wife is splitting the cash with me. This means I will have enough to get one of 3 things. I eventually will be getting all 3 but am not sure which to get first.

The 3 things would be a LSS-1 structure scan for my hds 8, An ipilot for my pd2, or a high end flasher for the hard water season. Now keep in mind I will be fishing out of the boat right up until freeze over and as soon as the ice is off I will be back in the boat. I also already have a cam. for ice fishing and can borrow my fishing partners flasher pretty much whenever I want. I really don't have anything else on the list that is really expensive so those are the top 3 things that I am looking into.

So what do you guys/gals think I should purchase first and why?

Nate

Braun
10-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Nate, you are crazy. You don't need any more toys.

In my opinion you already eliminated the point of getting the flasher. You have access to your buddy's available to you and you probably fish with him more often than not.

I think that the structure scanner would be best. It might come in handy come tournament time to give you a better idea what is going on on the bottom of the lakes. The I pilot would be handy but you have enough trolling motors on your rigs to get you by. All in all the structure scanner is the most beneficial to you in the end. Plus its something you don't have

Regardless what you get you should have me out to check out the new toy ;) ha JK

Kim473
10-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Nate, you are crazy. You don't need any more toys.

In my opinion you already eliminated the point of getting the flasher. You have access to your buddy's available to you and you probably fish with him more often than not.

I think that the structure scanner would be best. It might come in handy come tournament time to give you a better idea what is going on on the bottom of the lakes. The I pilot would be handy but you have enough trolling motors on your rigs to get you by. All in all the structure scanner is the most beneficial to you in the end. Plus its something you don't have

Regardless what you get you should have me out to check out the new toy ;) ha JK

Agreed! You kinda answered your own question. Flasher, Camera, "have" need structure scanner or side scan.

nicemustang
10-07-2010, 08:20 AM
ipilot. I couldn't live without it.

Braun
10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
your one motor on the front of the alumicraft doesnt have an Ipilot in it does it? just a plain remote correct?

Okotokian
10-07-2010, 08:53 AM
a LSS-1 structure scan for my hds 8, An ipilot for my pd2, or a high end flasher

Holy crap, I feel like a caveman at MicrosSoft headquarters. I have no idea what any of those things are! LOL

At first I thought a "high end flasher" was a pervert in a tuxedo....

ArtVandelay
10-07-2010, 10:30 AM
X2! For me, the electronic anchor alone is worth the price of admission.

Shmag
10-07-2010, 04:47 PM

X3

npauls
10-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey Braun,

My pd2 bow mount just has the copilot right now which is just that wireless remote. The I-Pilot is a gps wireless set up that can do a ton of stuff.

The only problem with the I -Pilot is that I don't use my bow mount a ton. I live back trolling on low chop days or anchoring up and jigging.

Such a tough decision haha,

It is all good though. Better to have a tough decision on what toys to buy then What toys to sell.

Keep the suggestions coming and I will update everyone when I buy whatever I decide to buy.

Nate

gramps73
10-07-2010, 08:17 PM
I am with you Nate I like the fact of back trolling when the conditions are right but I would buy the I poilt for sure hands down...

npauls
10-07-2010, 08:36 PM
You don't think a structure scan would be more beneficial to me gramps? I could use it for all situations and conditions where the I pilot would be used for trolling forward and that would be about it for me.

Nate

nicemustang
10-07-2010, 10:06 PM
The best part of ipilot for me, when your slow trolling and get on a fish, hit the ancor button. Boat will hold position. Often times dropping down a jig and you're on fish.

Braun
10-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Ya. I see a lot of benefits to the I pilot. But I still think the scanner will be MOST beneficial is the scanner. It will give you info you don't have and the more info the better