PDA

View Full Version : disgusted with tv show :part 2

Rudy198
10-14-2007, 06:25 PM
i am watching Jim Benton's Outdoor Adventures...and they showed 2 horrible home video's ..
1 was hunting a polar bear and there was like 10 dogs trying to attack the bear then the guy shot it with all the dogs around...(what a hunt...what a JOKE)

2nd was hunting in Africa and they shoot this cat,they wound it and of course it's gonna attack,but OMG what horrible shots.

Makes me sick watching hunting like that,i can't beleive that a show would wanna show a home video of something so crazy.

Tundra Monkey
10-14-2007, 06:54 PM
I guess you can turn it off. As for hunting polar bear....I'll use the dogs thank you very much.

tm

Nationwide
10-15-2007, 06:48 AM
1 was hunting a polar bear and there was like 10 dogs trying to attack the bear then the guy shot it with all the dogs around...(what a hunt...what a JOKE)

I seen somthing like that the dogs worked the bear closer to the hunter for the shot . I guess part #2 is to turn off the boob tube Rudy198 Good luck.:wave:

Chevy 454
10-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Hunting the polar bear with the dogs isn't so much different from hunting cougar here with hounds in my opinion. I think it is an accepted way of hunting them.

gunslinger
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
also how the heck do you think you get out into the pac ice ,, you guessed it with the dogs, they are a very vital part of harvesting a polar bear, without the dogs to get you there and home you aint going polar bear hunting out on the pack ice.

209x50
10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
i am watching Jim Benton's Outdoor Adventures...and they showed 2 horrible home video's ..

2nd was hunting in Africa and they shoot this cat,they wound it and of course it's gonna attack,but OMG what horrible shots.

Makes me sick watching hunting like that,i can't beleive that a show would wanna show a home video of something so crazy.

Uh uh, Sorry Rudy but the number one whine I hear about tv shows is "I want to see regular Joes hunting, I want to see hoow it really happens." Well it don't get no more real than home movies. Turn it off if it sickens you, that's what I do with Oprah.

Okotokian
10-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Nobody said it was pretty or humane. the issue is not to publicize it. Look what happened to fox hunters in the UK. I'd be thinking their sponsors will be on them pretty fast and you won't see that again. Its why I think hunting magazines work and hunting shows don't, for general consumption anyway.

209x50
10-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Nobody said it was pretty or humane. the issue is not to publicize it. Look what happened to fox hunters in the UK. I'd be thinking their sponsors will be on them pretty fast and you won't see that again. Its why I think hunting magazines work and hunting shows don't, for general consumption anyway.

HA, you'd be amazed. Most sponsors reply to such a complaint would be "well at least we know people are watching the show AND they know who your sponsors are."
Been there done that.