PDA

View Full Version : Wabaman Walleye

-JR-
10-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Heard there was a large release of walleye in Wabaman this year from lake Isle
Did anyone catch any of them from wabaman yet ?
Hopfuly will see some when ice fishing this winter

EZM
10-09-2010, 03:39 PM
We have not targeted them - I have never seen anyone target walleyes in there (open water season at least). They are absolutely in there - saw a nice size "floater" bobing around.

I bet the fishing for them would be pretty good as they are not used to seeing a jig. Not sure how high/low the population is. We have caught hundreds of pike in there and never hit an eye. On the other hand never hit a white or perch either and they are in there for sure.

Good question - looking foward to reading some other responses.

Gerry
10-09-2010, 09:07 PM
I know they're in there, fish and wildlife collected some that I caught at Lac St. Anne. They told me they were for transfer to Wabaman. never caught any in there though.

RedFisher
10-09-2010, 09:33 PM
OO great now that the word is out there goes the population... like in not bad mouthin you at all i just saying that some people out there are going to go to wabanum now and are going to be keepin some walleye... just like last winter when i seen a group of people of people carrying a bunch of black garbage bags real quick back to there cars... went to check out there spot and seen all the blood and guts... :sign0176:

Well here's a good piece of advice to all who are going to be fishing there this winter .... PLEASE if you see suspious people on the ice go say hi and check them out... I'm really hoping that this great fishery is going to come back and we need all the help we can get... make notes and take lience plate..:test:

bushnell
10-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I got checked at Wab every time I went out there last winter, and the RAP line got some really fast response times. Didn't mind that at all.

Safety D
10-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Wab is a great fishery. hope to see no one out there keeping fish. Seen a group get busted for keeping whites out there last Feb. The warden wrote out 1500 bucks worth of fines and ran out of tickets. It was good to see them out there last year and hope to see them out there lots again !!!!!!
And for all my fans out there Wab is definitely not DEAD !!!!!!!!!!!

Kim473
10-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Great to see them at Wabmun. But I was at lake Isle about 8 times last winter and did not see one. Wonder how many eyes and under sized pike taken out of there?

Safety D
10-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Lake Isle is DEAD !!!!

pdfish
10-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Lake Isle is DEAD !!!!

Uhhh, No! Before quoting your drivel, know your facts. Isle is producing great right now.

walleyeca
10-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Lake Isle is DEAD !!!!

He says every lake is Dead! I wonder why

Kim473
10-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Limited out a few times at Isle last winter on 12" perch and caught a few 6 lb eyes and lots of Pike. You gotta know where to go there. Silver sands is not the place, but everyone goes in that area. LOL

Safety D
10-12-2010, 10:32 AM
NOt every lake. Calling is not ??????

pickrel pat
10-12-2010, 06:57 PM
elvis is dead!!

fish-man
10-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I hope they put large, wary walleye into Wabamun... otherwise they will just be providing expensive pike food.

burbotman14
10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I find it very difficult to catch walleye in the winter. Take pigeon lake for example, I can go out and catch over 100 in the summer but in the winter sometimes you can't even see one. I leave a lot of my walleye fishing to the open water season. The winter is for pike, whitefish, and burbot.

hockey1099
10-12-2010, 09:02 PM
OO great now that the word is out there goes the population... like in not bad mouthin you at all i just saying that some people out there are going to go to wabanum now and are going to be keepin some walleye... just like last winter when i seen a group of people of people carrying a bunch of black garbage bags real quick back to there cars... went to check out there spot and seen all the blood and guts... :sign0176:

Well here's a good piece of advice to all who are going to be fishing there this winter .... PLEASE if you see suspious people on the ice go say hi and check them out... I'm really hoping that this great fishery is going to come back and we need all the help we can get... make notes and take lience plate..:test:

Its not like any is saying something we all didnt know. This information was published in the edmonton Journal this summer.

I have fished wabaman alot lately and have used both bait and plugs and have not even had a walleye hit let alone catch a walleye. Im not sure a bunch of 43cm walleye will do all that well when my average pike is like 8lbs and my biggest 19lbs. And im not even catching the big fish in the lake.

nicemustang
10-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I find it very difficult to catch walleye in the winter. Take pigeon lake for example, I can go out and catch over 100 in the summer but in the winter sometimes you can't even see one. I leave a lot of my walleye fishing to the open water season. The winter is for pike, whitefish, and burbot.

If thats the case at pigeon...you are doing it wrong. Wrong location, wrong fishing times, wrong depth, etc. Can still catch 100+ walleye in a day with a few guys working a location in the winter.

ddddd05
10-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Make sure to sign the petition to protect the Wabamun lake from commercial development! The town council of Wabamun wants to dredge and build condos and stores along the shore!

Here is the link to sign the petition
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/protection-of-the-lakeshore-within-in-the-town-of-wabamun.html

Warren77
10-20-2010, 12:27 PM
I will lose my mind if they start developing wabamun. Enough already! We don't need anymore lakes looking like Pigeon lake...That lake is a disgrace ...to many people and the lake is turning into a sewer.