PDA

View Full Version : Blood Indian

Jigger
10-14-2007, 09:42 PM
This was one of the best days we've had for trout fishing in a long time, at Blood Indian. Caught 15 between 9 30 and 12, and altogether between 25 and 30 from three of us, me my grandpa and his friend. They bit steady through the whole day. We figured we had lost as many as we actually caught because so many of them got off in the weeds that are still out in the water. We each kept our limit of 5 beacuse we have a smoker, about 5 between 10 - 15 inches, 8 between 15 - 18 and a couple in the hight teens low twentys, anyting smaller we let go. On the way there in the moring we saw a buck and a doe along the river bank in Drum, a couple more does on top of the valley. On the way back we saw about 6 coyetes and many flocks of partigdes along with a couple of gophers, it was an awesome day.

Jigger.

ULTRAlite
10-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Good to hear you had a great day - checking it out next weekend. Were you chucking a fly?

EDIT:
HaHa - Good to read before you post ( I seen your other thread :) )

Did you see any water boatman / backswimmers hitting the water? Were you on shore?

UL

Jigger
10-15-2007, 08:01 AM
There was actually quite a few boats, about 5 or 6, and 2 or 3 ppl flyfishing by wading in. I was on shore i didnt get to flyfishing all that long because it was a little to windy and my other rod was working pretty good to!

ULTRAlite
10-15-2007, 05:09 PM
On another board I heard about guys wading that were having luck with leech patterns. Mighta been the same ones.