PDA

View Full Version : where has deep boat lunch ?

endeavor
10-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Just got my trailer & boat and went to water today ...

then found my boat trailer was too high for the water at boat lunch (devis lake)

when put the boat to water, it seems ok because can push boat to water.

However when pull boat to trailer, had to two people lift the boat and put to the trailer due to the supporting bunks too high to the water.

any body know which lake has a little steep boat lunch around Edmonton ?

what about buck lake provincial park or pigeon lake?

TrollGRG
10-11-2010, 09:05 AM
The boat lauch at Wabamun can handle anything you have.

EZM
10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I have been to all three lakes this week -

Pigeon Provincial boat launch is very shallow right now - water seems to be down a foot or so. The launch area is 3 feet but it gets shallower out a ways - this is no good for a bigger boat - my midsize fishing boat bumped a bit last week.

Buck is smelly and disgusting - the launch is shallow but a bit better than pigeon. No "surprises" either like pigeon. Fishing was very poor as well.

Wabamun is fine for any boat including a 26' cabin cruiser - no problem there (as mentioned above) either in town or at the provincial.

endeavor
10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Thank U all very much, I will try Wabamun.

what about jack fish lake at west of edmonton ?

EZM
10-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Thank U all very much, I will try Wabamun.

what about jack fish lake at west of edmonton ?

Jackfish lake charges you $20 to launch your boat. The lake is ok for fishing but nothing special IMO. I would definitely go to Wabamun - the fishing there is allways decent. BIG pike and steady action.

Safety D
10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Jackfish is DEAD. Go to Wab its better....

-JR-
10-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Jack fishlake is a gravel boat launch and is uneven ground in the water .

Wabaman is the best ,tires on your truck will not even get wet when launching.As seen below. I have a 19 footer .Remember it is a catch and release lake.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/Homewreacker/Picture019.jpg

South buck is also good,but only at the north side of the lake.But stay left once you launch ,very shallow on the right side untill you get out on the lake.
You can keep one walleye and 3 pike.

endeavor
10-12-2010, 07:33 PM
very useful news! I would go to wab... on the coming weekend

Thank U verrrr.....y much !

stephane
10-12-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't believe Jackfish lake is charging for parking this late in the season.
Isn't the parking controlled until the September long weekend and then no one is there.