PDA

View Full Version : ICE grrr.

Fishfinder
10-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Okay, I wanna be more excited about the oncoming hardwater season but finding it hard lol. Am still sorta new to fishing (especially hardwater) and am wondering, what's a guy to do. Got the HAND auger, tippups, Icefishnrod but only managed a few trouties through the ice last winter. Between the cold winds and hand drilling through over 2ft of ice last winter (and few fish) am finding it hard to get inspired for the oncoming brrrrrrrrr.
Guess I gotta man up and build a shack, cuz these chilly albertan winds simply make me shiver waaaaaay too much! Even with the HH on(:

Man, I wish we weren't talking bout hardwater already. I feel like I've lost a leg this time of year. whine whine haha:scared0018:

Cheers n GL all.:)

Geezle
10-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Try to get out with some guys who are a little more experienced on the lakes in the winter. That should help you get into a few more fish. Also, there's a good chance somebody will have a tent or shack ;)

If you know where to go and don't have to punch a ton of holes, the ol hand auger will do just fine, especially in the early season.

Kim473
10-11-2010, 08:22 AM
First find a buddy with a power auger, a curvy one is best. Long legs, Brown hair and, you get my drift. Get a shelter and heater for those cold windy days. You can buy or build a shelter for a reasonable price, $300 or less. You will have fun then. Who cares if you catch fish, you still have your buddy.

Fishfinder
10-11-2010, 08:41 AM
LOL! werd berds. I reckon what it's gonna come down to is building a shack. Cash flow is a slight issue here but I know enough to know I can find great threads on this forum as to how to construct a decent shack.

And yes, to find someone to lend a power auger for ten minutes would be awesome, I tell ya, after drilling through over 2ft of solid ice by hand, let's just say we were praying the fish were there, cuz our arms were kaput and I try to be as lazy as can be...fishn sposed to be relaxing lol.
Cheers!

Kim473
10-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Look on the buy and sell, there is a post to give away two of them.

DarkAisling
10-11-2010, 08:58 AM
You're pretty close to Wayne. If you like chasing pike (and you like Wayne :lol:) shoot him a PM :)

He is a really great guy, and has the luxuries that make ice fishing a little more enjoyable. My first ice fishing trip was with him . . . as was my second, I believe. He and the missus are top notch, and I love 'em to death!

Fishfinder
10-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Look on the buy and sell, there is a post to give away two of them.

done. thanx.:):):)

npauls
10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
If you are out on a lake and don't have anyone around that you know with a power auger. Just look for someone who looks down to earth and having a good time and see if they will drill you a few holes or offer them like $10 to rent their auger for a few minutes to punch some holes. Alot of guys will gladly punch some holes with the power auger since its pretty easy.

I was about to post about those shelters to give away also but noticed someone else already told you about them. All you need now is a little heater and someone to show you a few spots to catch fish. A good place to start if you are near wayne would be enchant pond. There is a ton of perch and some rainbows in there and you can sit in your hut pretty much anywhere on that lake and have a blast all day.

Nate

Christofficer
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
First find a buddy with a power auger, a curvy one is best. Long legs, Brown hair and, you get my drift. Get a shelter and heater for those cold windy days. You can buy or build a shelter for a reasonable price, $300 or less. You will have fun then. Who cares if you catch fish, you still have your buddy.Who needs a heater with a fishin buddy like that. :D