PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Fort Macmurray

caveman
10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
We have done well lately. Taking our limit each time we have ventured out. The Walleye have been averaging around the 22" and 3 1/2 lbs. Sunday morning was very slow in comparison to the past few weeks until my buddy pulled a 25", 5/1 lb Eye in. Ten minutes later he landed this beauty.
29" 7.8 lbs.

sheephunter
10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
You gotta love those big fall walleye...congratulations!

BigRackLover
10-15-2007, 08:05 PM
fishing the A or the clear? Nice fish. I used to do well when I lived up there. Caught a few like the one you got.

caveman
10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
fishing the A or the clear? Nice fish. I used to do well when I lived up there. Caught a few like the one you got.
Fishing the A at the Bridge to Nowhere

Win94
10-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Spent my childhood up there and then some!! (33 years) Used to ride my bike as a kid to the Grant Macewan bridge and clean up on Walleyes and fall run whitefish. Also used to bike out past the gardens past waterways as there was some nice walleye holes where the draper ran into the Clearwater. Congrats on a great fall season!! I miss those days up there!!
Both the Athabasca and Clearwater up there is a great fishery if you know where to go.

BigRackLover
10-16-2007, 08:12 AM
that's the spot where I used fish. Nice place. It was about late September / October when we had the best action as well .. I guess they swim up from the lake to spawn.

Used to be peacefull but with all the traffic now it's not as nice as it once was.

Congrats. Thanks for sharin'

cub
10-22-2007, 08:24 AM
i also caught a 8 pound 28 inch walleye at the bridge to no where, about 15 yrs ago, its nice to see that it hasnt changed to much with all the activity going on around there. nice fish. cub

Bear Ballz
10-22-2007, 08:08 PM
i also caught a 8 pound 28 inch walleye at the bridge to no where, about 15 yrs ago, its nice to see that it hasnt changed to much with all the activity going on around there. nice fish. cub

only reason it was 8 lbs. is cause yah hid all your empties in 'em :)

catnthehat
10-23-2007, 06:29 AM
Fishing the A at the Bridge to Nowhere

AAAGGGHHH!!!! You just gave away the secret fishing spot!!:lol: :lol:

Cat

catnthehat
10-23-2007, 06:33 AM
that's the spot where I used fish. Nice place. It was about late September / October when we had the best action as well .. I guess they swim up from the lake to spawn.

Used to be peacefull but with all the traffic now it's not as nice as it once was.

Congrats. Thanks for sharin'

Some of the walleye in the river stay there year round, while others migrate to spawn .
They spawn in the spring on clear bars.
in the fall they feed up heavy to get ready for the winter.
generally, a "bright" fish is a lake fish, and a duller coloured fish is from the lake.
They will change after spendeing time in either enviroment.
This is the info I was given about 29 years ago by one of the biologists up here.

Cat

BigRackLover
10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
generally, a "bright" fish is a lake fish, and a duller coloured fish is from the lake.

Hey Cat - which one is it?

catnthehat
10-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Looks like it's been in the river for a while .
Cat