PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Camrose?

bloopbloob
10-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Where are some good spots to go fishing near Camose? Been to Coal Lake, which has usaully been pretty good, except for the low water now. Driedmeat Lake, which has been terrible every time, the local trout pond, which I've never seen anything over 6" come out of there... any other spots around here worth trying? Looking at google satelleite maps, I know there must be some small ponds and stuff that have fish, just not sure where! Can anyone help me out?

ghostguy6
10-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Im not sure but every time I drive into Camrose I see a sign for Bittern Lake. It might be worth a try.

Where is the local trout pond? I do alot of work in Camrose and it would be nice to find a place to hit up between shifts.

great white whaler
10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Im not sure but every time I drive into Camrose I see a sign for Bittern Lake. It might be worth a try.

Where is the local trout pond? I do alot of work in Camrose and it would be nice to find a place to hit up between shifts.

bittern lake as evaporated is now grass land:bad_boys_20::bad .

great white whaler
10-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Where are some good spots to go fishing near Camose? Been to Coal Lake, which has usaully been pretty good, except for the low water now. Driedmeat Lake, which has been terrible every time, the local trout pond, which I've never seen anything over 6" come out of there... any other spots around here worth trying? Looking at google satelleite maps, I know there must be some small ponds and stuff that have fish, just not sure where! Can anyone help me out?black nugget lake :bad_boys_20:

bloopbloob
10-12-2010, 11:10 PM

There is a small stocked trout pond about 5 min out of town, east on highway 13. not much for signage, but after you leave town, watch for a bunch (50+) of grain bins beside the highway and take a right on the road just before them, and you will see a small sign, it's only maybe 2 min. off the highway. Oh, and Bittern lake is just a salt flat, no chance of fishing there.

bloopbloob
10-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Black Nugget Lake, sounds familiar, not sure if I've been there before or not, what's in there? Is it worth a trip? Are boats allowed? Not sure if it's what I'm remembering, is it more like a series of channels rather than a lake? with trout, and electric motor only?

KegRiver
10-12-2010, 11:16 PM
The Battle River may have some fish, East of town. Too shallow to the west I would think.

Coal lake is toast from what I hear.

Nothing else close that I know of. You might have to go a bit further.

Goldeye and Walleye in the Red Deer and North Saskatchewan. Maybe some pike and Sturgeon in the NS. The further downstream the better your chances at this time of year.

Does Bittern Lake even have fish? I thought it was a dead lake.

great white whaler
10-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Black Nugget Lake, sounds familiar, not sure if I've been there before or not, what's in there? Is it worth a trip? Are boats allowed? Not sure if it's what I'm remembering, is it more like a series of channels rather than a lake? with trout, and electric motor only?

yes,,use to be a coal mine,its got nice rainbows if ya can catch them

maddwapper
10-15-2010, 07:51 PM
ive been living near camrose for several years its not a good place when it comes to fishing and i live to fish no fish in bittern lake some in dried meat coal is pretty good mound red lake ok rainbows mirror lake i tried no luck saw some big swirls heard stories about the coal pits but nothing good buffao lake is said to be good for pike and burbot gotten from reliable sourses my favorite place to fish is hinton lots of fish arround there

boroumand8
09-09-2011, 02:52 PM
ive been living near camrose for several years its not a good place when it comes to fishing and i live to fish no fish in bittern lake some in dried meat coal is pretty good mound red lake ok rainbows mirror lake i tried no luck saw some big swirls heard stories about the coal pits but nothing good buffao lake is said to be good for pike and burbot gotten from reliable sourses my favorite place to fish is hinton lots of fish arround there

Buffalo lake is only good in the fall. I've also heard of spotted lake west of buffalo. There's this sign by tofield that says "Beaverhill Lake" that I've never heard of

patz25
09-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Diplomat mine near Forsetberg is usually pretty good for trout.

Flyfisher87
09-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Hastings Lake west of Tofield used to have fish, but it is prone to winterkill. I wouldn't bother going there. The Battle River is a good bet. From about the Highway 56 bridge east to the border is good. I have had good luck fishing it west of Camrose a bit east of the Highway 21 bridge. One of my clients owns land along the river and gave me permission to access it. The Battle River (Forestburg) Dam is supposed to be ok. I have never any success there.