PDA

View Full Version : Shack help

jts1
10-14-2010, 02:00 PM
I need to get an 8x10 shack from Edmonton to Airdrie 2700lbs if I am correct. Anyone know of transport outfit or have a trailer they are able to rent out for a day , or even pull the thing down for me. I will cover all costs , pay rental and fill ya up with a T-bone and some cold beer when done. The shack has been on Gull lake the past few years. But I am thinking of a new location for this season. Any ideas? Newell maybe?? But I have never fished Newell before. Any help that you may give will get you access to the shack for this hard water season when ever you need. It has 3 sleeping bunks , Lights , power hook up , wood burner. Thanks guys....

ORV
10-14-2010, 03:35 PM
i have a buddy with a trailer that would handle it jeff.
i will check with him on availabilty & let you know.
he uses it quite a bit.

orv.

p.s. wouldn,t you need a winch to get it on the trailer?
a little too heavy to lift that puppy.lol

as for a lake i would lean towards crawling.
quite a bit closer than newell & lots of people
on here fish it so good updates.
i don,t know if i would leave it myself though.
too many idiots out there.

jts1
10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
A winch would be perfect But I dont think Marlin uses one. Thank you for checking on the trailer. It will have metal screens over the windows so they cant get busted. And a lock on it But as you said there are bone heads out there. No matter what you do to it if they want in , they are going to get in. Crawling I never thought of another place I have never fished. With no boat and mostly a fly guy I don't get to the big lakes till hard water.

WalleyeDeitz
10-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey Jeff,

Should you move towards taking her to Crawling, I can show you an amazing rock drop off on the north end of the lake that rarely has anyone fishing around it. Its hard to find so I was planning on hitting it once more before freeze up to GPS the spot. The depth goes from 30' up to 2' in an approx. distance of 10-15'. Its a great spot for Walleye, Pike and as soon as it starts getting dark, ling. Its the best ice fishing drop off I have ever found and we just happened to luck into it when arriving late one friday night in the dark. Drove way out on the ice, picked a rough spot to set up in the dark, drilled a hole and there was 3" of water under the ice and the bottom was big rocky boulders. Moved a little bit, tried again and it was 30'. We laughed about how we found the honey in the dark, just by luck...In the am the ice was clear and had we drilled a few feet further in, our fishing trip with the new ice auger would have been over as it was rock right to ice bottom....you would never guess this drop to be where it is....the fishing was awesome. There are some good shallow flats around as well that is perfect for the tip ups while your sitting in the shack. Seems the tip ups hit hard in early am and afternoon evening and the shack/wall tent gets real good in the evening and into dark. This is the only spot I have ever caught Walleye on tip ups with big smelts....dont know why but they seem to hit the tip ups there. Never any huge pike but the odd decent one.

Regards,

jts1
10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a good location. As long as you don't mind showing me where it is I will drop the shack there. Regardless where it is sat for the year you do know that you have access to it anytime. I am going to try and get one of them big CPR locks for the door and will just hand out keys to the boys.

SuCraM
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Jeff I got a buddy that has an 8 X 7 trailer that might do the trick.

iliketrout
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Jeff sounds like you have a trailer sorted out, like I said I'll gladly tow the shack back down here for you! I'll help out on the renos as well!

jts1
10-14-2010, 10:56 PM
I will work out some details and get back to ya guys.

Marlin07
10-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Jeff I got a buddy that has an 8 X 7 trailer that might do the trick.

A little to small, trust me the bigger the better.

nicemustang
10-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Sounds like a great shack. CVR would be good and deitz's spot sounds good. I'm in for an overnighter...will bring food and beer :)

Marlin07
10-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Jeff,

Including myself I have 3 guys who can help load it, also if you have a winch that really helps. I might be able to round one up but have loaded it with out one its just slow is all.

FishBrain
10-15-2010, 11:05 AM
If you have the trailer, I have the truck buddy. If I am needed in any way, let me know!!

ORV
10-15-2010, 12:16 PM
just talked to my buddy.
trailer is being used for the next 2 weeks.
it is more of a car hauler.
it would take the weight but is only 7' 6" wide between the wheel wells.
if the shack is a true 8' wide. it would not fit.
length-wise no problem.

sorry jeff

orv.

WalleyeDeitz
10-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Heading fishing at the Valley this weekend. Will grab a waypoint of the "honey hole" I mentioned and will fire it across to you should you choose to put your shack out there. Just know that the spot is good, but I cannot be held responsible for you not being able to catch a fish at it as I have seen you fish before.........If your wife cannot catch one, well then you can give me heck.

jts1
10-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Heading fishing at the Valley this weekend. Will grab a waypoint of the "honey hole" I mentioned and will fire it across to you should you choose to put your shack out there. Just know that the spot is good, but I cannot be held responsible for you not being able to catch a fish at it as I have seen you fish before.........If your wife cannot catch one, well then you can give me heck.

Oh man thats a low blow... :computer-18:

Thanks for the help Jeff. I will out fish you soon on hard water no worries my friend. Just no repeat of Clear Lake. I don't want to drive through open water again to get off the lake....

WayneChristie
10-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Jeff the way you catch fish on the ice, you may as well park the shack in your back yard and save a ton of gas money!!!! Then you will have a place to sleep when the honeymoon is over! :thinking-006: I would like to build a shack and leave it on Newell myself, dont know if it will happen this winter or next tho

Sandalius
10-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Oh man thats a low blow...

I will out fish you soon on hard water no worries my friend. Just no repeat of Clear Lake. I don't want to drive through open water again to get off the lake....

:sign0023::sign0023::sign0023::sign0023::sign0023: :sign0023::sign0023:

I've seen you fish too :sad0125: :sick: :sad0125: ( whats that saying you always call me ...hahahahahahaha )
You are such a sissy sometimes ..lol
A) you weren't even driving that day
B) you didn't have to go threw first - yeah lets send the injured guy with the brand new truck in first and see what happens..... hahahahahahahahaha ----- NOT COOL !!!

Jeff the way you catch fish on the ice, you may as well park the shack in your back yard and save a ton of gas money!!!!

I have to agree with Wayne on this and it will save you some money on your fishing rod collection too !!!!

Maybe you should just send out your wife to catch all the fish ...lol

Oh....... congrats on getting the ice fishing shack !!!!

calgarygringo
10-15-2010, 09:37 PM
And don't forget the magic pink fishing rod!!!!!!
On that note with my new job position coming up next month and weekends off I will be able to get my shack out with some of you guys and show you how its really done.
On a more serious note Newell would be good, but CV is much closer and on the right spots can be a lot of fun. Lots of nice frying pan pike and big burbs as well as the odd 5-10 lb wally on the line it is a fun place. Only got out there once last year near spring with a hurricane wind and flood on the ice but hope this year winter is better and get back to more CV fishing. My fav for hard water.

jts1
10-16-2010, 09:25 AM
OMG where to start with you guys...

Jeff the way you catch fish on the ice, you may as well park the shack in your back yard and save a ton of gas money!!!! Then you will have a place to sleep when the honeymoon is over! :thinking-006: I would like to build a shack and leave it on Newell myself, dont know if it will happen this winter or next tho

Its been since March and we are still sleeping in the same bed. However we did buy a king sized bed. And i would of had more fish but SOMEONE tosses my rod down the hole cause they fear my skills...

:sign0023::sign0023::sign0023::sign0023::sign0023: :sign0023:

I've seen you fish too :sad0125: :sick: :sad0125: ( whats that saying you always call me ...hahahahahahaha )
You are such a sissy sometimes ..lol
A) you weren't even driving that day
B) you didn't have to go threw first - yeah lets send the injured guy with the brand new truck in first and see what happens..... hahahahahahahahaha ----- NOT COOL !!!

Hey if the fat guy makes it across the the 2 Jeffs were cool. You see my friend you are what we call expendable.

I have to agree with Wayne on this and it will save you some money on your fishing rod collection too !!!!

Maybe you should just send out your wife to catch all the fish ...lol

Oh....... congrats on getting the ice fishing shack !!!!

Hey if the fat guy makes it across the the 2 Jeff's were cool. You see my friend you are what we call expendable.

Dude the wife wants to make it all girly inside. "Insert Pink Joke here" And you toss my rod down the hole this year and I may not get you fat ars down the hole But I will get your fat head down it. No need to resort to sabotage just cause I scare you with my Superior skills

And don't forget the magic pink fishing rod!!!!!!
On that note with my new job position coming up next month and weekends off I will be able to get my shack out with some of you guys and show you how its really done.
On a more serious note Newell would be good, but CV is much closer and on the right spots can be a lot of fun. Lots of nice frying pan pike and big burbs as well as the odd 5-10 lb wally on the line it is a fun place. Only got out there once last year near spring with a hurricane wind and flood on the ice but hope this year winter is better and get back to more CV fishing. My fav for hard water.

And your MR.... A guy uses a pink rod one time , Not like I was giving out free back rubs in China town.I am secure enough with my manly man hood to use it and be OK with that.

I cant wait to get out there with you all again this season

iliketrout
10-16-2010, 01:53 PM
yeah lets send the injured guy with the brand new truck in first and see what happens.....

Remind me again Steve, why were you injured?? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

jts1
10-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Ya Steve... Tell us