PDA

View Full Version : Coal lake took the boat 1 last time maybe

great white whaler
10-14-2010, 09:40 PM
took my dad out to day lots of hammer handles,were have all the big girls gone:bad_boys_20::fishing:

FishingFrenzy
10-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Sounds fun! How was the water/weeds? Weeds on the hook every cast or not too bad?

Tight lines!

great white whaler
10-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Sounds fun! How was the water/weeds? Weeds on the hook every cast or not too bad?

Tight lines!

weeds not bad ounce ya get out a little ways on the north end water is a little green not to bad,that lake is a big lake ran out of day light time,:bad_boys_20:

KegRiver
10-15-2010, 10:07 PM
I have heard that the bigger ones hang out near the pump house on the west side.
I used to get some good ones in the old river channel just north of the dam. Some folks I know say the north end is good but I was out there this summer and it looked nearly dry to me.

great white whaler
10-15-2010, 10:33 PM
I have heard that the bigger ones hang out near the pump house on the west side.
I used to get some good ones in the old river channel just north of the dam. Some folks I know say the north end is good but I was out there this summer and it looked nearly dry to me.

theres pike in that lake that would eat a man i saw it i saw with my own two eyes:scared0015:

KegRiver
10-15-2010, 11:47 PM
LOL I wouldn't be surprised.

My late father-in-law used to fish the north end a lot.
He caught an eighteen pound jack there back in the early eighties.

I was told that there used to be a large slough just out from the pump house long before the dam was built, and it had some large Jack in it.

I never fished there until the year after the dam was build so I don't know what it was like before that.
If that is true, there should be some huge fish in that lake.

One thing I do know. The fishing was spectacular for a few years after the dam was built. We used to catch a lot of small to mid sized jack in the channel below the dam over on the east side. Beside the picnic grounds.