PDA

View Full Version : Got a good one for y'all!

Fishfinder
10-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Ok, so we're talking Alberta, let's go...awe...heck let's go anywhere, southern, central, east, west, up, down, whatever. Fishn is fishn n we all LOVE IT, here is my Q?

Without rod, reel, basically left with nothing, but staring at a body of water that You know is full of fish, aside from flagging down a ride and the obvious, if one had to catch fish to SURVIVE, what would be your style?tactic?

No rod, no reel, no line. ( and no backpack full of lifesavers...in fact, no Bpack at all hehe)

Cheers n GL all!

fishnut9
10-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Ok, so we're talking Alberta, let's go...awe...heck let's go anywhere, southern, central, east, west, up, down, whatever. Fishn is fishn n we all LOVE IT, here is my Q?

Without rod, reel, basically left with nothing, but staring at a body of water that You know is full of fish, aside from flagging down a ride and the obvious, if one had to catch fish to SURVIVE, what would be your style?tactic?

No rod, no reel, no line. ( and no backpack full of lifesavers...in fact, no Bpack at all hehe)

Cheers n GL all!

are we allowed to make a rod and line or no. If it was me i would do what the natives do. Make a fish trap with sticks, put some bugs for bait, then sit back and wait. that requires the least energy and you can even get turtles as well.

WayneChristie
10-17-2010, 09:52 AM
fish trap maybe depending on the body of water. if not, dynamite seems to work well most days and you can get enough to feed the whole family at once! :test:

pickrel pat
10-17-2010, 10:16 AM
oh my god! go fishing!!!!!!!!!! i would club a grouse out of a low branch.... then i would use the intestines to make a short line,.... tie it to a stick.... use the wishbone( dried and cracked in the right spot) for a hook.... dig up an earthworm for bait.:scared0018:

lifesaflyin
10-17-2010, 10:47 AM
oh my god! go fishing!!!!!!!!!! i would club a grouse out of a low branch.... then i would use the intestines to make a short line,.... tie it to a stick.... use the wishbone( dried and cracked in the right spot) for a hook.... dig up an earthworm for bait.:scared0018:

and then the question becomes why go fishing after you just bagged a grouse?:acigar:

billie
10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
and then the question becomes why go fishing after you just bagged a grouse?:acigar:

Surf n turf? Might as well eat in style.

Interesting question, I have something to think about today:).

billycap
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
No line or rod... try this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_tickling

ice
10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
A Spear Or Bow An Arrow Combination.
i Also hear its possible to noodle. Goldeye.
Id give that a shot also i suppose

KegRiver
10-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I'd forget about the fish. I'd set up a deadfall on a rabbit trail and get started on building a fire to roast my supper on.

FishingFrenzy
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Rub two sticks together until i get a fish... oh wait thats fire..:sHa_shakeshout:

eurekacreek22
10-18-2010, 12:03 AM
pretend im an otter... or dynamite like waynechristie said lol.

danewfy
10-18-2010, 06:52 PM
what would mcgyver do? do we have duct tape?

Fishfinder
10-18-2010, 07:46 PM
what would mcgyver do? do we have duct tape?

Lol, sure if u must:)
Good answers everybody and some funny stuff too!!:)