PDA

View Full Version : Throne speech

rugatika
10-16-2007, 09:42 PM
what did everyone think of the throne speech? Looks like Harper is going to try and get the gun registry repealed again. Hopefully he will succeed.

http://www.sft-ddt.gc.ca/eng/media.asp?id=1371

Jamie
10-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Hmmmm

Seems like a election will be comming soon.
The Liberals will have no choice but to vote against one of the ideas and we will be back at the polls.
I get the impresion Mr Harper is not interested in haveing a minority gov any more.
Perhaps it is the right time to make this Bold Move.

Jamie

tallguy
10-17-2007, 08:10 AM
All im going to say is stock up on any auto loaders that look black and meen, buy as much ammo as you can, go get your restricted PAL, and buy handguns. not that youll need these firearms... but these types seem to scare the bejesus out of anyone out east and you can bet the farm they'll be pro-hibs if the liberals get their way.

Dick284
10-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Lets see the Lieberals are broke and fighting amungst them selves, their popularity is no better than when the last election was done. If the Lieberals vote aginst this throne speech I think it will be their un doing and Dion will then be known as the great benifactor of the worst Lieberal defeat in Canadian ploitics.
My prediciton will be that if Dion comes out against the throne speech, enough Lieberal back benchers will be absent from the vote so that the speech passes barely.
This Throne speech shows the CPC as true middle of the road,tax breaks accross the board, gst reduction, law and order, those sorts of things appeal to the vast majority of Canadinas regardless of political persuation. Kyoto, Military, Gun Registry, are all small ticket items, that will neither make it or break it, with most soft liners. Cash in hand and bad guys seeing striped day light is a big seller, as is some sort of commitment to GHG emmison reductions.
The CPC has backed Dion into a corner, step up to the plate buddy, and see if you can hit one for your team else wise stay on the bench.
My bet is Dion is the bat boy.

700TI
10-17-2007, 03:14 PM
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071016/throne_speech_071017/20071017?hub=TopStories

Okotokian
10-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I can't for the life of me see why Harper won't just come out and say our tour of combat duty is done in 2009. I support the current mission, but Afghanistan has had since, what, 2001 or 2002 to get an army and police force together? February 2009 is long enough. The war here is unpopular and it's hurting the Conservatives.

The rest of the speech looks good, realistic. They could go into an election with that.

russ
10-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Okotokian, it's taken over 10 years in the Balkans, Cypress was even longer. Lets let our forces do the job they need to with the tools they need to do it with.

TreeGuy
10-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Rug, ya beat me to the thread!:lol:

Dick284, you are 100% correct. You'd think in the 'off season' the lieberals would have had dion's face all over a complicit media......nope. The party infighting right now, FAR exceeds anything from the crietien/martin era. In fact, there are a small number of lieberal MP's who are actually HOPING for an election just to get rid of this clown. dion, to me at least, has KIM CAMPBELL written all over him!

Harper and the CPC have a very solid election game plan in place right now with tons of money to back them. There will not be an election IMHO until Oct '09, when the fixed election date (that of course no one's heard of) comes into date.

Every motion that will be put forth by the CPC in the upcoming session will be a confidance vote (meaning that if their bill fails, there is an election). It's going to be good to see those red basterds self-destruct on an almost daily basis! It's about time that carma caught up with 'em!:evilgrin:

Tree

TreeGuy
10-17-2007, 09:19 PM
I can't for the life of me see why Harper won't just come out and say our tour of combat duty is done in 2009. I support the current mission, but Afghanistan has had since, what, 2001 or 2002 to get an army and police force together? February 2009 is long enough. The war here is unpopular and it's hurting the Conservatives.

The rest of the speech looks good, realistic. They could go into an election with that.

Oko, Harper has said repeatedly, and even more repeatly that in order to extend the current mission beyond 2009, it will have to pass a vote in Parliment. The 2011 part is in regards to shifting from combat duties to police/military training priorities (expect to see alot of our 'gear' left behind when the day comes). The reason for the '11 date, is to really stick it to the lieberals, and also put a bit of pressure on our NATO allies whom are most definately NOT pulling their weight. Solid strategy.

Tree

rugatika
10-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Tree, you got it bang on re: 2011 withdrawal. THe only reason Harper put that in was to emphasize to Canada just how big of a wedgie he was giving to Stephanie. I'd say Harper gave Dion the old elastrator treatment. OUCH!!

TreeGuy
10-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Rug, 3 years ago, could you ever imagine a minority federal government in such control of Parlement? Honestly, it seems as though they are 3-4 steps ahead of any other party......kindda fun to watch (for a damn change). All of the 'Law and Order' bills that have either died on the table or are stalled in the lieberal dominated senate, were intentionally put forth individually, with the full knowledge that the house would find a way to get them through (with much posturing) and there is no way the senate would pass them. NOW, they've taken ALL of the law and order bills (manditory minimum sentences for gun crimes, age of sexual consent, etc.) and bundled them into one make it or break it bill. Pass it or go to an election. Man, they have dion in a corner. I hear that on top of being an arrogant pri*k, he is extremelly stubborn too, so resignation is not an option. Insiders are saying that iggy's henchmen are itching for a snap election in order to DELIBERATLY get destroyed at the polls in order to justifiably get dion out. I say no election until the fixed term thing kicks in, with an UGLY dion outsing by the iggies in between. It's just nice to see infighting and foolishness on the other side of the fence for a change!

Tree