PDA

View Full Version : S.S.R. Fishing

Dale S
10-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Spent all day on the S.S.R with only 2 walleye and some suckers.Seen a 36 lbs. sturgeon caught. Spend some time at the Forks lots of people and boats.Last weekend 1 boat had a stringer of 10 lbs walleyes,they have to change the rules there. Its getting fished to hard with most of those toxic fish being kept.It will be easy to see those people at night they will be glowing.

madatter
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM
We were out last week on the boat and the fishing was fairly slow.... The live fire exercise the Brits had going on was pretty neat and the booms from artillery shells seemed a lot closer than they were.Having a couple of Brit soldiers yelling at us from way up in the river hills was pretty funny!
The walleye were barely biting but we managed four dinosaurs,nothing huge tho with the two biggest in the 44" range.

Dale S
10-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Fished the S.S.R. and the Oldman Sunday afternoon. 1 5ft. sturg. and some walleye.Caught all the walleye up the Oldman, a couple of them would have been keepers .The water in the Oldman is the cleanest its been all summer, the Bow is runing high and dirty might be the time of the year they open the gates in Bassano.Its making the S.S.R. really dirty.Water temp. was 45 degrees ferh.

jacenbeers
10-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Can somebody PM me directions to the forks? I am going to try and head there next weekend maybe if the weather is nice. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time and I just never took the time.

Fishfinder
10-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Yup the SSR gets fished pretty hard from time to time. Made it out for a couple hrs last night. People packing up as we arrived had managed 3 decent walters in the 5-8# range, which they took home. I managed 4 lil walters, and buddy 2 walleyes, one decent aroud 5#. 3rd buddy zilch. All went back. I don't mind the heavy fishing so much, it's when i see big beauties being kept which seems to be happening more and more around here too. I know it's there right, jus kinda bums me out. Maybe it was just weird luck this year that I've seen more kept than yrs past. I think I've only kept 2 fish in 4 yrs outta the SSR just to sample them. Toxic fish, not really for me, (they were tasty though) but to each their own(:
Just glad them big beatiful dinos HAVE to go back:)
Cheers n GL all!