PDA

View Full Version : Frozen minnows in Edmonton/Fort Sask?

Geezle
10-17-2010, 08:27 AM
I don't usually fish with minnows, but after the luck ghostguy6 had using them last week I wanted to grab a tub. Went to TFH South, TFH North, and WSS North, and NOBODY had a single tub of frozen minows...what gives?! Is it just the time of year or what? :huh:

All I could find is smelts, but I already have lots of smelts at home...wanted something smaller.

As a sidenote, has anybody *ever* had any luck using the stupid preserved minnows...either the ones in the little ziplock bags or the ones that come in a jar?

linemanpete
10-17-2010, 09:54 AM
The husky in downtown fort sask always has frozen minnows.

noslack
10-17-2010, 10:09 AM
I find that the minnows that are packaged in a "Baggie" aren't the best. They are salt cured I believe...so they are pretty dry and don't have that same smelly juice....

Instead of using dead frozen minnows try using plastic minnows.

Berkley RealSticks are pretty good. I'll use them over real minnows any day and they stay on the hook longer then the real deal.

Good luck in your search of minnows.

ghostguy6
10-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Jay, I got mine at the southside WSS but they did have any when I was there on friday either.

boonedocks
10-17-2010, 09:53 PM
I could not find any either so I ended up using smelts this afternoon in the NSR.3 walleye and 2 pike in 3 hours.