PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty North Sask River!!you know your having a good day when......

walleyeca
10-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Saturday October 16th, Closed the shop at 2 and whistled home to know that I was going to go try the spot my friend Doug and I fished the 3 short hours the night before and got a bunch of beautiful handpainted sauger(7) and a few walleyes and yes a pike who was bored being himself! Ok so we launched at Capilano bridge went down river approx 25 mins and we saw about a 100 yard hole from 4ft down to 11ft and we said HMMMMM? so we said lets just give this a try it was a soft bottom to pull our light stuff! Well I wasnt in the water for 2 mins and BOOM! i thought I had a shark on I mean wow what a scrap well i finally got the fish and here it was a nice little 3lb hand painted Sauger(pic) then boom Dougie hit one a little walleye, then I set out and bang! I got one and it seemed as though each fish and each drift the fish got bigger and bigger then just as we were gonna lift up for another drift.... thump!!! I set the hook and it didnt MOVE???? Hmmmm? so my rods bent over and she must have felt the sting of that Gammy hook! and well all hell broke loose well I fought this girl for 10 or so mins and wow! what a prize! we weighed it on the Rapala scale and she went between 14.8lbs and 14.4lbs I called her at the low end asked My partner if that was fair we shook hands and took some pics and The smile stills still havent left our faces! And to think I said to doug nevermind we wont need the net! Down to 1/2 leeches I sure hope they hang in there! LOL

Geezle
10-18-2010, 06:14 AM
What a pig! Nice work :cool:

I need a boat :o

Darren N
10-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Wow the River was nice to you guys. Nice looking fish.

Izumi
10-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Nice looking fish guys!

Littlejet
10-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Now that's a fish to remember!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

maclennanchris
10-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Wow.....good day for you guys. Great pictures of great fish. I just started to fish the NSR, been a blast getting to know this river.

Braun
10-18-2010, 07:59 AM
wow. get that fatty on a diet. nice fish!!

iliketrout
10-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Great fish!! Pretty close to the provincial record as well!

AxeMan
10-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Awesome Hogs, Trev!

nicemustang
10-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Great fish! Did you get a length? She looks liek a nice healthy fishy.

bsnyder
10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
HolyCrap , You Potlicker.

walleyeca
10-18-2010, 09:36 AM
HolyCrap , You Potlicker.

POTLICKER?????? I hate that word! Anything less abbrasive? lol what are you doing with those warranty rods?? silly pants!

bsnyder
10-18-2010, 09:51 AM
POTLICKER?????? I hate that word! Anything less abbrasive? lol what are you doing with those warranty rods?? silly pants!

Silly Pants? hahaha.Grace says my pants are sexy:thinking-006:We will be coming to see ya Sat Morning at the shop.Have the coffee on :)

fish-man
10-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow, incredible fish! Congratulations.

jts1
10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Fishzilla... Great job guys..

Rockymtnx
10-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Congrats on a awesome fish! That could easily be one of the biggest Walleye caught in Alberta this year.
Only a pound off the Alberta record!
Thanks for sharing with us.

EZM
10-18-2010, 10:59 AM
AWESOME FISH.

Every picture your smile is WIDE. I bet you are still smiling your @$$ off all day today.

GREAT FISH GUYS. great story too.

Alpine Archer
10-18-2010, 11:07 AM
What a HOG! :sign0068: Congrats guys!!

Walleyes
10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Heck of a hog.

Nice pics thx..

fishinggeek
10-18-2010, 01:30 PM
What a monster. Interested in how long she was? I love seeing those pigs.

Fisher_man#1
10-18-2010, 01:40 PM
You should sent that bad boy or girl in to the Angler of the year contest in the fishing regs. You will prob win the 300 bucks. Hell of a fish.

blwlaw823
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Nice fish man, especially the huge Sauger you got there. Very nice :)

npauls
10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Nice eye,

Do you run a jet leg on the merc. on the river or just a normal outboard setup?

Nate

mooseknuckle
10-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow nice!!! Can we friends, I guess I'm trying say can you take me? Pleaeeese.

SNAPFisher
10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Man, that is an impressive walleye! Congrats on the great catch. Thanks for sharing.

fishunter77
10-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Great to see some hogs left in the river. Thanks for sharing!!!

Fishfinder
10-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Very nice indeed! I agree with Fisher_man #1, send some pics in to the Alberta Angler of the Year contest, I am sure the walleye prize would be yours.
Great job, thanx for sharin':)

walleyeca
10-18-2010, 10:41 PM
HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL THE NICE WISHES AND CONGRATS! To be honest I didnt even know there was such a contest? So my question would be I guess with Doug as my witness do you think that there gonna believe a Rapala scale? Where does one enter if you think I have a chance I think it would be kinda fun! But the fall isnt over yet and i dont want to enter this one as I have had bigger to the boat to be totally honest! I will never ever forget my net again! Theres alot of big big EYES in our river!

Fishfinder
10-18-2010, 10:50 PM
HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL THE NICE WISHES AND CONGRATS! To be honest I didnt even know there was such a contest? So my question would be I guess with Doug as my witness do you think that there gonna believe a Rapala scale? Where does one enter if you think I have a chance I think it would be kinda fun! But the fall isnt over yet and i dont want to enter this one as I have had bigger to the boat to be totally honest! I will never ever forget my net again! Theres alot of big big EYES in our river!

I believe there is a big ad about it in the regs with pics of last years winners. Pic requirements are all there too. Can't remember where in regs though but pretty sure it's in there. Or try googling it I suppose.
Good Luck!!:)

Fishfinder
10-18-2010, 10:57 PM
page 92 and 93 in regs.:)

Promelas
10-18-2010, 10:57 PM
That's truly a beautiful fish. Whether you like it or not there aren't that many fish of that caliber in the NSR. As another angler that spends a considerable amount of time on the river I want to thank you for your inability to check your ego. I'm sure we can look forward to seeing a lot more anglers on the river. Have a great day the next time you get to your spot and somebody's on it. I truly wonder if the day will come that guys like you make the obvious connection between your online bragging and the sudden localized spikes in angling pressure that make it harder and harder to find fresh water. Keep up the good work.

Promelas
10-18-2010, 11:00 PM
If you fought that fish for 10 minutes it means you're completely under tackled for the water you're on and that fish is likely bloated to the size of a beach ball and jammed up against a beaver lodge somewhere.

mooseknuckle
10-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Ahhhh here we go!!

buckmaster
10-19-2010, 12:13 AM
I want to thank you for your inability to check your ego. I'm sure we can look forward to seeing a lot more anglers on the river. Have a great day the next time you get to your spot and somebody's on it. I truly wonder if the day will come that guys like you make the obvious connection between your online bragging and the sudden localized spikes in angling pressure that make it harder and harder to find fresh water. Keep up the good work.

And your point is ?............TROLL?

thenaturalwoodsman
10-19-2010, 06:34 AM
If you fought that fish for 10 minutes it means you're completely under tackled for the water you're on and that fish is likely bloated to the size of a beach ball and jammed up against a beaver lodge somewhere.

The village just called and they want there idiot back!!!!

Geezle
10-19-2010, 06:53 AM
That's truly a beautiful fish. Whether you like it or not there aren't that many fish of that caliber in the NSR. As another angler that spends a considerable amount of time on the river I want to thank you for your inability to check your ego. I'm sure we can look forward to seeing a lot more anglers on the river. Have a great day the next time you get to your spot and somebody's on it. I truly wonder if the day will come that guys like you make the obvious connection between your online bragging and the sudden localized spikes in angling pressure that make it harder and harder to find fresh water. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for comin' out :rolleye2:

Darren N
10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Ahh the human nature. If Jesus were to come back tomorrow and walk on the NSR, someone would say " what's the matter can't he swim?" I also say enter the contest. I did a few years back (didn't win) but it was a fun experience. If you need help you can PM me. Not much to it. Darren

bsnyder
10-19-2010, 08:57 AM

:argue2:dont mind the boneheads TREV.Great job!!!I would of been so exited and done the same:bad_boys_20:

walleyeca
10-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Hey, All of you that know me? Would already know my response to those boneheads! And that would be hey wanna come out some time Ill show you some good spots and catch you some huge fish! I dont mind really I truly believe that river, The river is there for everyone to enjoy! God( LOL) Thats just one spot and ya I see my mistake(if there really is one????) the bridge in the background! Well hey heres a perfect example, Went out again last night and well...... 2 walleye biggest was 3lbs and 2 sauger weighing maybe a 1 lb each! LOL then i went to another spot down river by the generating station and nailed 8 walleye( no big ones!) and 4 sauger! did a pillar post on the way back at dark and got a walleye! so the fish are everywhere! I met a fellow guy off here named TROUTMOUNTAIN(yes the guy with the parkers minnows) and wow we chatted for an hour till we couldnt see anymore and then he jumps right into the water to help me put my boat back onto my trailer!!! What a hell of a guy! thanks Troutmountain! Look forward to our fishing friendship and adventures! And finally to the 2 BONEHEADS, Hey its not your fault! its everyone elses for coming to your planet! Good Day I say!

walleyeca
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM

Ya your right! Next time Ill bring my big Shimano Technium sturgeon rod rated to 100lbs and Ill use wire cable! That should put the fight fair! Damn those fish taking 10 mins out of my life! Bonehead!

Rockymtnx
10-19-2010, 10:59 AM

Hello Promelas,

You really seem to have a negative attitude towards people sharing their fishing stories and pictures. Why do you think there the original poster has a ego problem or was bragging? I see nothing out of the ordinary in his posts. He was simply sharing his story and pictures of a awesome fish that deserved some recognition. It wasn’t like he posted GPS coordinates to a honey hole. The NSR is a big river and there are a ton of honey holes out there.

The Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum was created for outdoorsmen to share and discuss their adventures. The original poster was simply doing that. Your negative attitude of being greedy and not sharing with others is not what AO is about. If you do not have anything positive to add to the conversation please scurry on, and keep to yourself.

Thanks

nicemustang
10-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Still waiting if you know what the length was trevor.....please tell us!

walleyeca
10-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Still waiting if you know what the length was trevor.....please tell us!

Im a guy who doesnt usually carry a net nor a scale that day I had both! Now your asking me to bring a measuring tape? LOL Geesh then where would I put my jig box,20 rods and reels,cd carrying case,cooler full of be....I mean 7up!,pike jaw spreaders,2 tanks of fuel, and most important my WHISTLE! So Im sayin I have no measurement, Im gonna have to go with it was LONG! and BIG! and thats good enough for me! HEHE!

Fishfinder
10-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Im a guy who doesnt usually carry a net nor a scale that day I had both! Now your asking me to bring a measuring tape? LOL Geesh then where would I put my jig box,20 rods and reels,cd carrying case,cooler full of be....I mean 7up!,pike jaw spreaders,2 tanks of fuel, and most important my WHISTLE! So Im sayin I have no measurement, Im gonna have to go with it was LONG! and BIG! and thats good enough for me! HEHE!

That's what she said! ( harhar) could'nt resist, srry mods.
Bummer. I checked out the contest for ya, apparently u need two pics. One with u n fishy, the other pic with fish and tape measure beside it. Last years winner was an 8# perty walter, 2nd place was a 13#er. 8#er had an inch in length on runner. Nicer fish too, IMO, good call on the winner whomever, judging by the pic. i think it's cool they go by length (as thay encourage CnR). Next year grab a tape measure, or better yet, this ice season...drop a bee n carry the 1/4# measurer. Had a couple 30+ inchers this year, but like you, never measured. Nevertheless the memory will last forever, pictures do not. Never wrangled a monster like yours though.
Wherever you choose to fish, if u know u know how to wrangle, which clearly u do, ur gonna wanna bring a net, trust me, u will be doing U n ur catches a big favour. Might have to drop a couple more bees to carry the net though:)
Could be a 30# pike next time, ur gonna want a net I reckon.
That being said, great job again! Send ur pics in anyway...ya never know!:)

Edit) jus reread ur posts, u had a net, my bad.:sign0161: It's late lol.

walleyeca
10-20-2010, 08:42 AM
I actually laughed at my partner when he said "wanna bring a net?" and I shrugged my shoulders,said sure fill yer boots and "clunk" I heard it hit the bottom of the boat as we were packing! Then!!!! To see the net after we landed that brute, well it had a hole in it the size of a frying pan and was tearing in other spots we laughed so hard I think I peed? LOL Im not a big contest man so I dont even think I will even try but if I did and those were the rules well....Lesson learned! Im no stranger to these giant walleyes and I have a dozen pics to show that but none have a tape beside them! I however know the pic Im about to post is especially for NICEMUSTANG as i know the tape fell on this brute a short 2 weeks ago and measured out at 86cm and weighed 15.6lbs! The reason that can be documented, as the truth is because it was caught..........AT THE VANITY WALLEYE TOURNAMENT!!!! with boats surrounding us some only 2 feet away! as we were drifting down a river! at 1.7mph you want stress???? god that was stressfull! Have a good day guys and once again thanks for all the nice congrats!

pophouseman
10-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Judging by the pic's I know exactly were you are and have fished it often. My question for you is are you using a pickerel/jackfish Rig. I noticed you mentioned leeches. what were you fishing for tackle when you caught that sauger. let me know what you were fishing so i can come buy some from you before i head out this weekend.

nicemustang
10-21-2010, 03:21 PM
WOW. I personally love seeing all the big fish caught in the fall. Make me all warm and fuzzy inside. Biggest i've seen is a 82.5 cm mount, 86 is unreal. Congrats.

New Hunter Okotoks
10-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I actually laughed at my partner when he said "wanna bring a net?" and I shrugged my shoulders,said sure fill yer boots and "clunk" I heard it hit the bottom of the boat as we were packing! Then!!!! To see the net after we landed that brute, well it had a hole in it the size of a frying pan and was tearing in other spots we laughed so hard I think I peed? LOL Im not a big contest man so I dont even think I will even try but if I did and those were the rules well....Lesson learned! Im no stranger to these giant walleyes and I have a dozen pics to show that but none have a tape beside them! I however know the pic Im about to post is especially for NICEMUSTANG as i know the tape fell on this brute a short 2 weeks ago and measured out at 86cm and weighed 15.6lbs! The reason that can be documented, as the truth is because it was caught..........AT THE VANITY WALLEYE TOURNAMENT!!!! with boats surrounding us some only 2 feet away! as we were drifting down a river! at 1.7mph you want stress???? god that was stressfull! Have a good day guys and once again thanks for all the nice congrats!

That walleye is maybe 5 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding! Man that is ONE HELL OF A WALLEYE!!!!!! I've seen big ones before, but that's the biggest I've seen in a real world pic(non magazine)

Congrats,that is a once in a lifetime fish for just about any fisherman out there.

Geezle
10-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Wait I missed something here...walleyeca is banned? :confused:

bsnyder
10-22-2010, 08:40 AM

What for.?

tightlines
10-24-2010, 07:57 PM
i didnt know the nsr had pigs for fish in it!! great catch guys

horsetrader
10-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Nice catch congrats

H:happy0034:

AxeMan
10-24-2010, 09:43 PM

What the heck, Walleyeca banned??? What in the world is this board coming too. Seriously, I would like to know the scoop on this one.

highwood
10-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Agreed Axe. Can a moderator chime in?? Specific details are not necessary but perhaps a general explanation for the rest of us? Judging from what was said in this discussion, it doesn't appear Walleyca did much wrong...

BrownBear416
10-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Walleyeca's banning has nothing to do with this thread and the threads that it does have been deleted and thats why you dont see it..

If walleyeca would care to share with you the reason behind his "time out" he can tell you when he is back in a week...

People get banned for a reason and we dont just do it for fun...

BB

highwood
10-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Thank you kindly BrownBear

BrownBear416
10-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Your Welcome..

jiggin4eyes
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
nice fish trev i seen your 15 pounder last week its been a good october

walleyeca
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I have to be careful here because the ice I walk upon HERE is very thin and very clear! I think the route of the problem is that as WALLEYECA that name is affiliated with 2 seperate entites(OF WHICH ONE I DIDT EVEN WANT!) one: PERSONAL and 2: BUSINESS I was banned before on the business issue but this time well......? beats me because Im very clear of there rules!! I NO LONGER WANT TO BE KNOWN AS WALLEYCA FOR BUSINESS! I AM A PERSON WHO LOVES FISHING WITH ALL MY HEART AND I DONT COME ON HERE BADMOUTHING AND TRASHING PEOPLE!!! ALL THAT KNOW ME KNOW THIS! I LOVE FISHING I DONT NEED THIS SITE TO GET BUSINESS!!!! MODERATORS PLEASE HEAR ME!!! I MEAN NO HARM!!!!!! I NEED NOT TO PROFIT FROM YOUR WEBSITE!!!!! THANKS TREVOR

horsetrader
11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Kewl Welcome back

"H"