PDA

View Full Version : Sighting in .270 Tikka

Rudy198
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
was wondering if someone can clearify on sighting in my 270.I've heard so many different way's.I just bought some Fusion 130gr and was wondering on how to sight it in....This is what i want .... to shoot 2-3" high at 100yd.
Now how can i set this up for a closer shot instead on pacing 100yds.If i sight in at 25yds will that give me 2-3" high at 100yds and zero at 200 maybe 250.

I tried looking on Federal site for sigghting in with the Fusion ammo but nothing on it i found.If anyone can help me out,Thanks alot

bearbait
10-17-2007, 03:54 PM
i would sight at 100 yards then you know your on...i use a vise look down the inside of bore point it at the orange circle the dial the scope in to bulls eye and adjust from there...always works for me...
rob

Rackmastr
10-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Shoot at the distances and see where you hit. Plain and simple...you cant rely on charts or graphs or tables to tell you where to shoot your gun and where it will be sighted in at.

Shoot at 25 yards...get on paper.

Move to 100 yards and then sight your gun in where you want it. If you want it 2-3" high, then do that.

Move to 200...verify where your bullets are impacting...

Continue to shoot at any range that you would shoot game at and verify POI...

russ
10-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Shoot at the distances and see where you hit. Plain and simple...you cant rely on charts or graphs or tables to tell you where to shoot your gun and where it will be sighted in at.

Move to 100 yards and then sight your gun in where you want it. If you want it 2-3" high, then do that.

Continue to shoot at any range that you would shoot game at and verify POI...
+1

Donny Bear
10-17-2007, 06:56 PM
+1

X2 It will cost a box or two but it cost the animal its life fair trade to be sure!:)

Ishpah
10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't know what the ballistic coeffient (BC) for a Fusion 130 gr, but I would imagine that it is simular to others of the same weight and design and would be around .425 BC. A nominal powder charge would deliver about 2600 FPS. If the bullet crosses the line of sight for the first time at 25 yards, it then crosses the line of sight for the 2nd time at approximately 200 yards. The mid range trajectory will have the bullet about 1.6 inches high at 100 yards. This is similar to Rackmastr's numbers however I think that 2 or 3 inches high at 100 yards will move your zero out well beyond 200 yards.

stubblejumper
10-17-2007, 08:07 PM

Continue to shoot at any range that you would shoot game at and verify POI..

x3
The only sure way to know where your bullet will hit at a given distance,is to shoot it at that distance.