PDA

View Full Version : Coal lake

great white whaler
10-20-2010, 07:44 PM
took the boat out to coal lake today we must of hooked 30 pike or more dad hooked a 14 pd 39 incher was a nice one but paid the price by grabbing it by the gills good thing the boat is red in colour was a good day of fishin :bad_boys_20:

beerhunter
10-20-2010, 07:48 PM
You have to back up these "fish stories" with pictures. Please:bad_boys_20:

FishingFrenzy
10-20-2010, 08:36 PM
14lb, WOW. I've heard about quite a few monsters coming out of there lately. Nice to hear it still producing this late in the year. Can't wait for hardwater!

maddwapper
10-21-2010, 06:30 AM
i have gotten fish in the winter ,,about that size out of coal lake ,,,caught em on snare wire using caplin for bait .. he might be stretching the truth a little though

great white whaler
10-21-2010, 09:16 AM
i have gotten fish in the winter ,,about that size out of coal lake ,,,caught em on snare wire using caplin for bait .. he might be stretching the truth a little though

is a good time right now, the pike r mad after the smelt, dad got that one 14 pounder on a herring tho ,it was all catch and release i wouldnt eat anythink out of that lake, a friend of mind said he had a fish sent away to be tested came back do not eat ,and this is our drinking water :bad_boys_20:

bloopbloob
10-21-2010, 09:04 PM
coal lake is a good lake for pike. 14lbs is certainly not out of the question by any means. i've caught many in the 10lb range there, and heard of many larger ones coming out of there. one of my favorite pike lakes.