PDA

View Full Version : Question about land around PCR

lugeboy
10-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Now that the dock is out at Pine Coulee I was wondering about the fields around the resovoir, who owns them as I would like to fish a few sections and being the big guy I nearly had a heart attack trying to come back uip those hills back to the truck (It's hard enough to go from the dock to the campsite. Yes I admit it I am fat:mad0100:
What I would like to know is if I can unload my quad and drive down to my favorite spot
This is on the east side about 4 km's down past the bridge. I can't see an issue as I am not ripping up the land just trying to avoid a heart attack.
ANy help would be great but I guess I could alway go on the old saying"Easier to ask for forgiveness then beg for permission"

zabbo
10-21-2010, 09:31 AM
You can get a county map of willow creek from the county office which I believe is in Claresholm. Maptown in Calgary will also work.

You could also try approching some of the landowners, explain your situation and maybe .....

Many of the landowners probably won't mind if you are walking but they may feel very different about driving a vehicle or quad as they can tend to pack down grass.

Please don't go that other route! That is exactly the reason and attitude that tends to pizz people off and then they won't let anybody on their land. Sometimes for good reason! :mad0100:

J.M.H.O.

nicemustang
10-21-2010, 09:32 AM
No you cannot. Not without owner permission.

nicemustang
10-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Also, why not park at the lot near the bridge and fish right there?

lugeboy
10-21-2010, 11:48 AM
I hit 6 times faster then at the bridge. I am definetly in for asking the owner I know I would if some one is on our land.
Thanks Rob

BigT
10-21-2010, 11:54 AM
The gov't owns the land around PCR, not individual land owners. There is a buffer around the resevoir to allow for changes in water level. This buffer can be up to 200meters depending on the grade & where on the resevoir you are. For the most part PCR is fenced between gov't land and land owners. Landowner maps will tell you whose land is adjacent to this area but you will still have to walk up and down the hill. No motorized vehicles on the Gov't owned land.

lugeboy
10-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Awesome thanks for the info