PDA

View Full Version : Oldman River Fishing

Dale S
10-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Had a good day on the Oldman River.The weather was nice better than most days out this year. And the fish were bitting,15 fish to the boat with lots of bites and fish on. 2 of the walleye were 22 in.,1 18 in. sauger. Caught 3 suckers on a jighead and minnow.Tha water has cleared up but still high for this time of year.The water temp. was 45 degrees.

troller
10-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the update :)

jacenbeers
10-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Sweet thanks for the update. What did you use for the sauger. I am heading there soon and want to try and catch one of those elusive fish.

Fisher_man#1
10-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Nice to hear someone is doing well on the Oldman. What part were you fishing?? in Lethbridge??

Dale S
10-23-2010, 07:01 PM
It was one of those fall river fishing days you think about all year. 32 walleye 1 sauger 1 goldeye and 6 suckers landed. Biggest eye was 24 in. and fat the pic. of sauger is 17 in.The old happy hour produced 12 or so could not keep them off. Lost alot right at the boat that we did not count. Cant wait till tommorow.

Dale S
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Another gread day on the river. Spent the morning on the S.S.R. no sturgeon some small walleye moved to the Oldman in the afternoon. The bite was on at least 20 walleye landed and lots of bites. Not as big as yesterdays average biggest was 22 in.Water temp was 45 degrees.Thanks to a fishing buddy for the minnows at 6:00 in the morning.

tightlines
10-24-2010, 07:23 PM
i fished the forks last year around this time from the island with some buddies, didnt have much luck!! how far down the s.s.r is the bite/upstream from the forks?? we tried everything from power bait, minnows, night crawlers, ended up landing 2 pickrel in 5 hours! As far as sturgeon go, my friend and i went down to the wier behind the university in leth., pulled out 2sturgeon 38" long, 41" long about a month or so ago. seems like the bite is always on there!

Guitarplayingfish
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Caught the biggest sucker I have ever seen in the river today. Must have been 7lbs. I thought it was a walleye at first because of how big the fins were! All in all it was a great day. And the season comes to an end.:scared0015:

Dale S
10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
The forks gets fished hard and fished out .Had a buddy fishing there all morning Sat. thay caught none. We were just upstream and nailed them. So I am sure if there were fish there they would of caught some .Those sturgeon travel a long ways upsteam.Do you think they go back to Lake Defenbaker every year.

tightlines
10-24-2010, 08:32 PM
let me just specify about the wier in lethbridge behind the university, where we caught the sturgeon was not right at the wier, we were actually closer to the north side of the island. i guess i should be carefull with my wording, sorry for the confusion if there was any!

Dale S
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Tightlines sounds like you got the same P.M. I got from Guitarplayingfish. If we want to tell people were we fish we will.Hows that dude.

Guitarplayingfish
10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Tightlines sounds like you got the same P.M. I got from Guitarplayingfish. If we want to tell people were we fish we will.Hows that dude.

Not quite. You do what you want man, but sooner or later you will regret it... :argue2:

tightlines
10-25-2010, 09:01 PM
im always up for helping the local fisherman! Like i told him, it all depends on the day/conditions, you never have two days the same or it wouldnt be fishing! i never tell all the details!! just ask any fisherman, they all keep secrets!lol

Dale S
10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Spent the morning on the Oldman. The walleye were biting really good, until the wind come up. Had at least 15 eyes to the boat. Best one was a 25 in. and fat. They are fatter than last weekend.Water temp has dropped 5 degrees F. from last weekend at 40 degrees F.Should be good tommorow.

tightlines
11-07-2010, 02:51 PM
what part of the oldman are you fishing? We fished the oldman just in town and pulled 4 eyes, and broke one rod tip! not bad for and hour or so!

Dale S
11-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Right from the Coldale bridge to the forks. Any spot there is a backeddy and 8 ft. of water we catch fish.