PDA

View Full Version : ice auger fixers

maddwapper
10-22-2010, 07:09 PM
anyone out there no a good feller that can fix an auger that wont run in cold weather ,,last i used it worked in the garrage but wouldnt run at the lake:sign0176:

splake0
10-22-2010, 07:12 PM
You probably need to adjust the air/fuel mixture.

ghostguy6
10-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Any small engine shop should be able to fix it. If it runs in your garage I would start it there and run some carb cleaner through it, change the spark plug and air filter.

If your looking for suggestions it might be helpful to list where you are located.

great white whaler
10-22-2010, 11:53 PM
anyone out there no a good feller that can fix an auger that wont run in cold weather ,,last i used it worked in the garrage but wouldnt run at the lake:sign0176:

air to full mixture is out ,all depends on were the auger is from to and how it was tuned,sea level and mountain range is way diffrent altitude.:bad_boys_20:

deanmc
10-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Sounds like you just need a block heater.sorry jk

Kim473
10-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Do you use fresh gas every year. Check if there is a fuel filter in the tank, if so it might be pluged up. Had that problem with a grass trimmer. Maybe the jets in the carb gummed up from old gas. Remove carb and clean it up on the inside. Carefull, dont nick the jet or seat, just take it apart and run carb cleaner thru it. change the plug and should be good to go. Remember how many turns the adjustment screws when you unscrew them and put back same amount of turns. Any small engine place can do it, make sure you tell them do not damage the blades tho. There are some dummies out there.

maddwapper
10-23-2010, 02:59 PM
thanks all for the info