PDA

View Full Version : Heritage in a license

winged1
10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one would like to see our licensing go to a passport format. The technology of our current system is great, but the printed reciepts just don't cut it for memorbilia.

Over the years I've kept all of my fed waterfowl stamps, and have a number of Sask. booklets, and some older Alberta ones.

A nice looking passport/stamp format, combined with a third party leather jacket would really add a sense of heritage to my outdoor sport collection.

chuck0039
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
If they do look into possible changes I was thinking a card type similar to a bank or credit card) that the wardens can just swipe on a hand held computer or in there truck and all your info comes up, What tags you have and fishing license. the only thing would be tags do we go back to the old system with the metal bands?

ElDiablo
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I liked the metal ones, they seemed secure to me, was there a way to remove and re use them maybe? Otherwise why would they change something that was working, for something thats a miserable pain in the ass.

The paper tags are prolly cheaper.

ABwhitetail
10-18-2007, 04:35 PM
My hunting career has being majority with the new paper ones....I like them!

I had the pleasure of my first few hunting seasons using the metal ones, but if the paper ones are cheaper and more money goes to better suited things then.... GREAT!

They have a ton more information on them, if this helps wardens do their jobs, GREAT again!

I am sure it helps in the collection and accuracy of statistical data for SRD to compile information ie. "how many licenses sold etc", One more GREAT!

And I find them easier to store in your pack or pocket so they are with you at all times, especially when you have a lot of tags like a person can have today! With my moose down I still have 8....and if I wanted, I could purchase many more....one last....GREAT!

mud slug
10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
try sticking those paper tags together on the last days of the season when its -20 your fingers are frozen the tags are frozen i can never get them to stick together i like the old metal ones along with the old booklet everthing was together in 1 place not on seperate pieces of paper to drop or misplace the id card could be a good idea too

ABwhitetail
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I hear you there....I know when it gets cold they definitely don't want to stick......what I do is simply hold them between my warm hands for just a minute before I actually stick it....then it seems ok....

I guess there are a few warm places you could put them:)

But your right....when it is cold....they definitely are not as practicle as when it is warmer....

thumper
10-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Speaking of heritage memorabilia - whatever happened to the Alberta game bird stamp? Patterned after the federal migratory bird stamp - it made quite a keepsake. I have a framed AB Game bird print & stamp from 1989.