PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few good men.

jts1
10-25-2010, 05:31 AM
I have a friend who runs a foster home in Calgary. He is not much of a fishermen but knows that I am. We got talking about how nice it would be to get some foster kids out fishing this hardwater season. I spent my youth bouncing around the system in one foster home and off to the next back in saskabush. So I offered to see if I could put together a motley crew of guys do just that. Lets say sometime the end of Jan or so. Please reply if this is something you would be willing to do. Once we have a list of guys we can then work on a date and gear. Thanks guys

WayneChristie
10-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Just ordered a 6 man tent yesterday, so Im in, can bring the 2 man as well. if you wanted a spot, Enchant would pretty much guarantee a lot of fish for the kids.

DarkAisling
10-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Just ordered a 6 man tent yesterday, so Im in, can bring the 2 man as well. if you wanted a spot, Enchant would pretty much guarantee a lot of fish for the kids.

Wayne . . . Jeff asked for "a few good men." Are you sure you qualify? :snapoutofit:

:love0025:

Ya know I adore ya. Couldn't resist. :p

Geezle
10-25-2010, 07:42 AM
I'd like to get in on this if I can...depending on timing and location :)

iliketrout
10-25-2010, 08:05 AM
He is not much of a fishermen but knows that I am.

Just 'cause you go fishing all the time does not make you much of a fisherman! :) Just kiddin. I bet you have your good days when I'm not there.

Count me in. Let's start working on the liability issues soon, so we don't have the same problems as we did with the Take a Veteran plan. Maybe your friend's foster home has some sort of insurance that would cover us?

plinker
10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm in. I was bounced from foster home to foster home when I was younger and know what it's like, so you bet I'm in on this.:) I've got a Dodge 2500 Mega cab, so I can pick up 5 kids.

outdoors78
10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
:love0025:

Ya know I adore ya. Couldn't resist. :p[/QUOTE]

Ain't JTS1 a married man.. I know this is a fishing forum but I didn't think it was plenty of fish dating site....

Anyways I have been bounced around from home to home when I was a child to and would love to help out

DarkAisling
10-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Ain't JTS1 a married man.. I know this is a fishing forum but I didn't think it was plenty of fish dating site....

That was directed at Wayne (who also has a "missus" . . . and can take a joke).

Mrsjts1
10-25-2010, 11:04 AM

LOL well that is just too funny....:fighting0074:

I think the post should have said looking for a few good fisherwomen, and I don't think I need to explain why :fighting0030: LOL JK

Great idea Jeff I hope you get lots of people to help out with this :happy0034:

WalleyeDeitz
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Jeff, I am in as well and can bring the wall tent with stove to keep everyone warm.

Jack&7
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Count me in too, Jeff. My summer fishing season was a bust due to boat problems and other much bigger issues...so I will be focusing on a great hardwater season.

And if it's to help get some kids out there who may never have the chance otherwise, I'd love to help.

I'll keep my eyes open on the forum for info...but due to the issues I am dealing with, I don't get on here as much as I used to. So please don't be afraid to send a PM or give me a call if you still have my number.

jts1
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Wayne . . . Jeff asked for "a few good men." Are you sure you qualify? :snapoutofit:

Ya know I adore ya. Couldn't resist. :p

Nice shot. Right in the man jewls...

Just 'cause you go fishing all the time does not make you much of a fisherman! :) Just kiddin. I bet you have your good days when I'm not there.

Count me in. Let's start working on the liability issues soon, so we don't have the same problems as we did with the Take a Veteran plan. Maybe your friend's foster home has some sort of insurance that would cover us?

No liability issues this time. The foster parents will be all be there as well. It would be just like them doing a normal everyday activity with there individual kids.

LOL well that is just too funny....:fighting0074:

I think the post should have said looking for a few good fisherwomen, and I don't think I need to explain why :fighting0030: LOL JK

Great idea Jeff I hope you get lots of people to help out with this :happy0034:

Its times like this that I love my wife. And regret setting her up an account. I thank everyone that has responded thus far I will send out a bulk mesg soon with a finished list of attendees

calgarygringo
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM
As long as there is enough ice I can bring out the shack and could take care of a couple as well....Weekends off from nowon so weekend fishing should not be a problem this winter.

diamonddave
10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
If we could plan it for a sunday and say around red deer ish ( sylvan or Gull? ) I would be in and could bring the wall tent, and stove, to set up on the ice. As well as all the huts and power augers ect. Make a good day of it.
Good on you guys, I would love to be in on this one.

Sandalius
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I would like to join, but I do believe that I'm over qualified for something like this.
I'm way past good ......even past great - I am AWESOME

Not to sure what this hard water season is going to be like ????
Just keep me in the loop please and we'll see what happens.

jts1
10-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I would like to join, but I do believe that I'm over qualified for something like this.
I'm way past good ......even past great - I am AWESOME

Not to sure what this hard water season is going to be like ????
Just keep me in the loop please and we'll see what happens.

You are here wow. Hunting season must be over, or you ran out of ammo. And as for no fish catching rednecks. I agree you sir are AWESOME
:fighting0030:

bushman53
10-25-2010, 08:49 PM
count me in too

BrownBear416
10-27-2010, 05:04 AM
JTS great thread and well done to those who responded..

I'm not a fisherman but if you guys decide to do this i would be more then happy to buy some gear if you need it or maybe pay for a few tanks of gas for those who volunteered..

Shoot me a pm if it happens..

Jeff

flygirrl
10-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Humm, just saw this thread JST1, good on you and Im in.... Your going to need a few good woman ( jst1 insert comment here:sHa_shakeshout: ) to bring along the bbq. Just let me know when and hopefully I will be off. Until then...:character0110::character0110:

fandgwidow
10-28-2010, 10:03 PM

Was that Wayne or me, the "missus" that can take a joke? :innocent:
If it was me, where can I take it? Do I need to buy it dinner first?:thinking-006:

jts1
12-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Going to be seeing my friend sometime next week. Just wanted to touch base again and see if everyone is still thinking of helping out. This is just a draft list of people who have shown some interest in this event.

WayneChristie
Geezle
iliketrout
plinker
outdoors78
WalleyeDeitz
Jack&7
CalgaryGringo
Sandalius
Bushman
FlyGirl

I understand it will depend on the date as to who can come or not. The idea is just to get a few names, So at least I can say we have a group of anglers willing to get involved. I have arranged some press with the Calgary Sun when this event goes down so bring your smile. We will try and have a date sorted out by the end of next week for everyone.
I would just like to say thank you to everyone who is getting or thinking of getting involved in this event. I used to be one of them kids that wished he could do the things that other kids do, things they thought were normal. What is a normal event for one kid. Is a life changing event for another. Please keep that in mind.. And again Thank you

calgarygringo
12-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Just let me know when. The only Saturday out is the 15th January. Sandra's sister is getting married that day so an outing would be out......

chubbdarter
12-29-2010, 07:58 PM
booyaah thats what fishing is all about.
count me in
ive got alot of equipment and im willing to let the kids use any of it
i'll help in any way i can....drill holes whatever. have 2 mountain snowmobiles also to drag out anything that needs to get to fishing central. bbq's etc or anything.
god bless you for doing this
im all in

deepfried
12-29-2010, 08:34 PM
depending on the date I would love to help out with this event !

WayneChristie
12-29-2010, 09:37 PM
any Saturday and or Sunday, Im still in.

superspud
12-29-2010, 10:14 PM
im in for sure
in fact im taking a foster kid out tomorrow. i cant decide where.

clear and pcr sucked today.....and chain is a little far. maybe ill just hit up chestermere again....

plinker
12-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm still in bud!:sHa_shakeshout:

James Henry
12-29-2010, 11:37 PM
I will be outta town Jan 12 - Jan 20th, other than that count me in. I can outfit 2-3 with food, warmth, shelter, transportation and gear.

gl2
12-29-2010, 11:46 PM
This is a awesome idea and i would be willing to help out any way possible. Just let me know. can bring shelter,camera,flasher,heat,food what ever u need.

Kingfisher
12-30-2010, 01:12 AM
You know I'm in for sure buddy. Any thing to help out kids.

A kid that's sitting on a lake fishing is a kid that's not vandalizing the neighborhood, stealing cars, and getting into all kinds of crap.

Rob

diamonddave
12-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Put me on the list sir:sHa_shakeshout:

outdoors forever
12-30-2010, 02:31 PM
jts1, I just want to say, you are a good man for getting this going.

Its too bad that I live way up here, or I would be involved for sure, reaching out to kids in need of guidence/direction, or just some attention is NEVER a bad thing. I salute your effort.

Be sure to post stories and pics of the adventure when it happens. Again, good on ya, wish I was closer.

HAVE FUN!!

WalleyeDeitz
12-31-2010, 09:58 AM
I am still in Jeff with wall tent, stove, and lots of other gear.

bushman53
12-31-2010, 01:33 PM
still in too

unclebuck
12-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Too bad you are so far from Lac La Biche, because I would be on it like "manure on a baby's diaper" with a wall tent, stove, all the cooking utensils, lots of fishing gear for the kids, and gear for an overnighter in the bush.