PDA

View Full Version : Upper Kaninaskis Lake

RustyLongshaft
10-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello people

My questions Is were is a perfect spot on upper Kaninaskis lake to catch some big ones. We started off at the boat launch area and on the secound cast caught a 5 pound rainbow trout. after that we walked along the whole lake shore fishing along the way with not even a bite. Why go from one big fish to nothing?

jacenbeers
10-26-2010, 06:56 PM
For big fish in my experience you are better off in Lower K. However, fish near the waterfall if you can. It is fairly productive and I have seen some big fish there.

Mudslide
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Why did you leave the boat launch when that's where they were biting? Just kidding!

Sometimes fish will turn on and off because of weather changes or other factors but really you need to try different things if what you are doing isn't working. Different baits/flies, different depths, retrieval, speed, etc etc and yes: locations as well.
You did well getting one nice fish.
X2 on the waterfall, also along the shore at the far end of the lake where it empties into Lower K can be good.

Fisher_man#1
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Or just take a bit of a hike to the south side of upper K and fish where Sarrail creek flows in. Always fish there has all the basic fishy needs. Surprised to hear you caught a rainbow out of Upper K they havent been stalked in there for 5+ years now i believe, nothing but cutts and bulls in there for the most part. Have a good one!

Cheers.