PDA

View Full Version : Divers strange finds

mooseknuckle
10-28-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm liking the hunting strange finds thread so I thought I'd start one of the water variety. I don't dive and I'm not sure how many out there do but I used to always dream of under water treasures. Has anyone out there fount strange or cool items at the bottom of Albertas waters?

mooseknuckle
10-28-2010, 12:18 PM
My bad mods please move to general. Sorry.

theycallmeNoah
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Just golf balls

Alberta Bigbore
10-28-2010, 12:33 PM
use to find alot of lures hooked into submerged logs etc etc when snorkeling/spearfishing in Hubbles lake. Memories, wow.. havent done that in over 5 years:scared0018:

ÜberFly
10-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Lots of fishing tackle, and quite a few rods & reels (spin, fly and ice fishing), tackle boxes, credit cards, cell phones, underwear (male & female), hockey pucks, anchors...

I'm with a diving group that volunteers to clean up community lakes in and around Calgary...

P

Albertadiver
10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Mostly Garbage. Lots of fishing lures. A lot of the lakes in Alberta are fairly boring, so sometimes there are things purposely set up to make 'dive parks'. Sylvan Lake has one, West Twin lake has another. There's always the dam and old village and bridge piles in Minnewanka too.

Did find a nice knife a few years back. Left it at the dive shop I deal with.

UberFly. I'm hoping to get a late fall dive in this year. Send me a pm if you're interested in hitting Minnewanka, Two-Jack, or forgetmenot.

I'd be up for a Friday afternoon or saturday afternoon dive in the near future.

(Going hunting Nov3rd-10th)