PDA

View Full Version : U.S. made guns

sullijr
10-20-2007, 03:52 PM
"Quote"

Posted 28 September 2007 08:17
Guys,
I heard yesterday from a gun dealer that the US state department had last week returned all applications( ie. next years guns) for export of firearms permits out of US to Canada. Apperantly Weatherbys got through before this but none of the others. Anyone heard anything on this?
I picked this up from another forum,any info since?Battle River Sports told me that there is nothing coming across the border right now...jack

CaberTosser
10-20-2007, 06:51 PM
There is the potential you may have misinterpreted what Battle River was saying. I was in there last Saturday and I did hear them saying to another customer that certain brand firearms don't come in as frequently for them due to them being a "low volume dealer" in the eyes of the distribution agent of certain firearms brands. They get shipments twice a year in certain brands.... others they can get ahold of more easily. I do recall being told that all the firearms listed on the front page of their current flyer are not yet in stock. Sounds to me like some manufacturers agents and/or importers aren't all that on the ball. That or some new wonderful bureaucratic hurdles have been instated on one or another side of the border........:mad3: