PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Gulp Alive

Rick.
10-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Hello to All.
I have been having success with this product on Walleyes this fall. I am almost done for the season and was wondering what to do with my Gulp Alive.
- if left outdoors for the winter will it freeze?
- has anyone ever put other soft baits (Mr. Twister type) in the solution and if yes do they stand up to the juice of disintegrate?

Any other comments are welcome. Thank you, Rick.

Chris K
10-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Put it in the house, and use it again next year. Do not put any regular plastics into that jar. Unless it is a Gulp pruduct, don't put anything else in there with it, as anything else will make a mess of everything (so I have been told by Berkley guys)

Chris K

nicemustang
10-30-2010, 06:54 PM
And yes it does freeze.

bubba 96
11-01-2010, 09:15 AM
And I also put other soft plastics in and it hasent done anything to them....bought a twister tail box at bps and put about 3 of each color in at the beggining of the season and there still fine....

Rick.
11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks to all. I haven't looked yet as the temps. have warmed up but I hope my pails haven't split yet. Will be getting it into the house soon if the fishing season ever ends!! The forecast says keep fishing and who am I to argue. Rick.

EZM
11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Put it in the house, and use it again next year. Do not put any regular plastics into that jar. Unless it is a Gulp pruduct, don't put anything else in there with it, as anything else will make a mess of everything (so I have been told by Berkley guys)

Chris K

I'm not surprised that the berkley guys don't want you to use someone else's less expensive plastic or rubber bait in thier solution. They would'nt sell as many bait and juice jars themselves.

Like another responder - I too have put other rubbers in the Berkley juice - it's fine. One jar should last alot longer that way. I also "re-soak" my other baits in the factory zip-locks and put a heavy freezer ziplock around my rubbers to keep them fresh and supple.

Worst case senario - you ruin 3 bucks worth of unscented rubbers. Best case - you just saved $15 bucks on buying another jar of juice and rubber.

Go 4 it.

Hiflyer
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
After gulp alive freezes and thaws, the liquid is cloudy/milky. is
it still good or should it be chucked out?

nicemustang
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Who knows really. I would bet that it is fine. You can freeze everything.

horsetrader
11-03-2010, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=EZM;724424 put a heavy freezer ziplock around my rubbers to keep them fresh and supple.

Go 4 it.[/QUOTE]

I just keep One in my wallet:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

:sHa_sarcasticlol:"H"