PDA

View Full Version : After it's all said and done

Dick284
10-21-2007, 08:15 AM
After it's all said and done, the firearms are locked up and the knife work is over, what do you like to have a sip of?
I'm a whiskey man myself, for mixed drinks I prefer Tangle Ridge rye, but for on the rocks, a shot of Cragganmore single malt Scotch hits my palate especially well.
While my Mrs. is addicted to "roger's" vodka paralyzers.
And you?

troller
10-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Orange pop :D

Haven't had a "drink" in 15 years

Doc Holiday
10-21-2007, 08:40 AM
When she's on the rocks, I'm in fer a double splash of Glenfiddich puremalt Scotch Whiskey. Nothin finer after a hard day, sittin by the fireplace in my comfy chair,..... knockin the dust off with 1 or 2. Another fav is voddy, a splash of mango juice... ( no umbrella though )... topped off with sprite. Now beer..... well.... bein the first class Canadian I am... I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow....:lol:

Dick284
10-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Orange pop :D

Haven't had a "drink" in 15 years

Yes that counts too.
This is not limited to alchoholic bevvies gang, maybe it's a special coffee or tea, or like "troller" said a pop.

Big Bull
10-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Mount Gay Extra Old rum, squeeze of lime, splash of Coke; or a nice cold Keith's! "Those who like it, like it alot."

The Moose Whisperer
10-21-2007, 09:30 AM
For me it's definately a Scotch after a day afield. Cragganmore 12yr is good I must agree Dick, but I tend to prefer Lagavulin 16yr or Springbank 10yr.

Oh yeah, and beer. I really like beer. Its good. :)

Bushrat
10-21-2007, 09:39 AM
A nice hot cup of tea:evilgrin:

Duk Dog
10-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Either a spiced rum & coke or a rye & coke for me.

catnthehat
10-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Coffee for this guy, dripped, perked , but my favorite is "cowboy" style, boiled then simmered in can over a fire.....
Cat

gunslinger
10-21-2007, 10:06 AM
you bet for me its a ice cold crown and gingerale.

Roughneck71
10-21-2007, 10:43 AM
wisers with lots of ice....or beer love beer!

Walleyes
10-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I'll take a nice cold Kokanee first off. Then second I don't mind my Banff Ice Vodka w/ Club Soda and a squeeze lime..

Papershredder
10-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Captain Morgan spiced rum and ginger; or lemon gin and 7-up.

bearbait
10-21-2007, 11:18 AM
crown or gibbsons on the rocks or coffee and baileys...

CaberTosser
10-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Coffee with Baileys is always nice to warm back up. Perhaps a Keiths or 2 afterwards. That seems to be my post-hunting regimen so far, as its the tradition with my hunting buddies. Slightly off topic, but on skiing days I always find a good hot apple cider hits the spot. Perhaps it'll be a good alternate for me to bring in my Thermos when hunting too.....

Rockymtnx
10-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Depends on the mood I am in:
Bacardi 1873 & Pepsi
Patron Tequila on the rocks
Ice cold Kokanee

Rugersingle
10-21-2007, 12:22 PM
I like "mixed" drinks..but pop is'nt good for ya :rolleye2:
Black Russian - Vodka and Kahlua
Rust Nail - Scotch and Drambui
Redneck Nail - Whiskey and Jack Danials

Equal amounts of each, in a short glass, with lots of ice!!
Rye and coke tall, pressed and neat.... if all else fails.

lazy ike
10-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Rebreast and water or a pint of Okanagon Springs Porter and lots of Stilton.

Wrongside
10-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Coffee for this guy, dripped, perked , but my favorite is "cowboy" style, boiled then simmered in can over a fire.....
Cat

Yep, thats about right for this guy too.

Alberta Separatist
10-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I prefer Alberta Premium, wiskey, with a touch of water; but after a hot day of varmint shooting; there is nothing better than a cold Alberta Big Rock Warthog!

BEL
10-21-2007, 04:11 PM
I like rum, coke, and a slice of lemon. Mount Gay, Appleton's and Lamb's Navy are my favorites. BEL

elko_blues
10-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Pilsner and Lambs dark with pepsi also enjoy spiced rum and a/w rootbeer!

Tuc
10-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Pepsi for me.

Coming up to 13 years booze free but I can honestly say I had my share of it in my younger day.

Cordur
10-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Well after it's all said and done it's usually time to sober up. :lol: j/k

Actually I like a nice glass of clean cold water.

I've had my arm twisted into drinking a few celebratory beer with friends after their hunting victories though.

mulecrazy
10-21-2007, 05:14 PM
A shot of cherry whiskey seems to hit the spot after a long day of walking coulees. Back at camp its kokanee, pilsner, or moosehead for me.

Poacher Boy
10-21-2007, 05:36 PM
i will start with a beer usually rainer or kokanee then move to scotch or jack danials.

Morbius131
10-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Well I am a rum man myself, but I have been known to drink Gibson's or RR rye. However, after a very enjoyable Elk trip in September I was reminded how much fun Jagermeister can be :)

Morb

mud slug
10-21-2007, 06:52 PM
crown and coke or rum and seven when that runs out cowboy coffee and advil to kill the hang over

Grizzly Adams
10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Highwood Rye with just a little water. Right up there with Crown Royal, a local product and reasonably priced, for the quality. Of course, Big rock Grasshopper beer is hard to beat .
Grizz

chuck0039
10-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Most of the time rum and pepsi, but my sister bought me some 15 year old glenlivet scotch from her trip to scotland last summer. warms the inside real well and not to bad taste.

harv3589
10-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Some good Costa Rican Rum and coke :)

lilsundance
10-21-2007, 08:08 PM
after the day is done I will have a crown and coke or spiced rum n coke while the cook is making supper. After supper I will sit around the fire and have one more then hit the hay. After all tomorrow is another hard day of hunting
:)

rugatika
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Usually a beer to slake the thirst and then a shot or two of Glenmorangie scotch.

TreeGuy
10-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Pepsi for me.

Coming up to 13 years booze free but I can honestly say I had my share of it in my younger day.

Congrats Tuc, good for you!:wave:

I however do NOT have the same intestinal fortitude that tuc does. I like beer. In fact, you can tell the fellow Maritimers here by their preference to Keith's! However, for those that prefer the 'hard stuff', Red Bull and Vodka will get you through the day....and evening and night and dawn, and.....well, you get my point!:D

Tree

-NDN-
10-22-2007, 12:37 AM
N.O.-EXPLODE:innocent:

sheephunter
10-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Come on boys, there is only one official apres hunt drink....Jagermeister.

It is the drink of the hunt! How many other drinks reference the hunt in their name?

elnino54
10-22-2007, 05:38 AM
I used to like a little smash of Mcgillicuddys Fireball Cinnamon flavour sour mash whiskey, or a nice glass of fine red wine...............but I quit this year and am doing just fine without.

Ray
10-22-2007, 07:15 AM
My favourite is a Rusty Nail - mixed 1 part Drambouie, 2 parts Scotch, but sometimes a good- emphasis good- Bourbon is just what the Doc ordered.

Fordman
10-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Aftera hard day, it's usually a 1/2oz. shot of some good ole down home shine, and then a couple of alberta premium pressed with pepsi. Makes for agood restful sleep.:p :p

BrownBear416
10-22-2007, 09:07 AM
I am not a drinking man so i like ice cold Pepsi.

Also really like Monsters and full throttle's for energy drinks.

Chet
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Green Tea has replaced Rye for me but I still enjoy a Bud light or a red wine.

Rockymtnx
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Come on boys, there is only one official apres hunt drink....Jagermeister.

It is the drink of the hunt! How many other drinks reference the hunt in their name?

That ^&*@ will kill you. It takes a real man to down an ounce of that.

sheephunter
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
That ^&*@ will kill you. It takes a real man to down an ounce of that.

Ah come on...I know girls who are drinking it.....:)

MuleyMonster
10-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Butter Ripple Schnapps if the hunt is good, then on to Spiced Rum & Coke or Ice cold beer (any kind as I have never been a picky man when a drink is offered)

ABwhitetail
10-22-2007, 11:13 AM
an ice cold shot of butter ripple in celebration....then relaxing to a nice stiff crown and diet.....

man, am I suddenly thirsty.....

Bouhuntress
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Jaeger Bombs for sure (mix of Jaegermister and Red Bull) or if still in camp a nice hot Tang.

YamahaMan72
10-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Ice cold KOKANEE and then another

Rockymtnx
10-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Ah come on...I know girls who are drinking it.....:)

Do they have mustaches or goatees? j/k

Rockymtnx
10-22-2007, 03:11 PM
a nice hot Tang.

Tang the orange beverage? If thats the case, I have never heard of hot Tang.

sheephunter
10-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Ah...nothing better than hot tang on a cold mountain evening! Tis truly the drink of the sheep hunt...before getting home to the Jager that is...lol

I don't think bouhuntress has that thick of a moustache!

M70
10-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Doesn't Jagermeister have to be served with an application of Vicks Vapo Rub on the chest as well??? I swear that stuff tastes like cough syrup. :sick:

sheephunter
10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
bouhuntress on Jager

Duk Dog
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
bouhuntress on Jager

Sure she wasn't drinking Captain Morgan? LOL That is pretty funny.

Huntnut
10-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Bichard's 1878 rum with pepsi

Bouhuntress
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Wow...I was really looking forward to a nice glass of jaeger when I got home but I'm guessing sheep polished off the bottle this afternoon...LOL

.270fan
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
It all depends......but Lemon Hart rum is hard to beat...unless its a splash of Glenmorangie single malt scotch..

Ohh and another vote for coffee and Baileys as a nice warm up bevy

Rockymtnx
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow...I was really looking forward to a nice glass of jaeger when I got home but I'm guessing sheep polished off the bottle this afternoon...LOL

Maybe thats been my problem of growing a good beard. My lack of Jägermeister.

bigg_sexy1
10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Out in our elk camp Apricot brandy is the traditional favorite, followed by some Gibsons, and cowboy coffee the next day to clear your head.

Dick284
10-22-2007, 09:09 PM
TJ
:evilgrin:
I know what Mrs. D would do to me if I posted a picture of her with those sort of added features.
And it aint a pretty sight.:scared:
I guess what they say is right about aircraft tires and all that stuff.:D

roger
10-22-2007, 10:42 PM
i must not get out much...jager...me---ister, glen fidditch, magillacuttys?? what the______ is that??!
ifn i had that....id probly go to a Dr and get it lanced!!!

that stuff may cause lazy eye, blindness in 50% of tested lab rats, double vision, removes copper fouling, lead, plastic and rust.

The queen of my double wide trailer and i prefer a nice flavourful vodka paralyzer in really big sippy cups, a bowl of popcorn and a video
2 parts vodka
3 parts kahlua
4 parts 1% milk
1 part diet coke
3 parts of ice
This potion also works on mrs dick 284

duffy4
10-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I like a cold beer on a hot day. There are some beers I like better than others but I'm usually not too picky. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

I like coffee with a cream liquior in it. Or Rum. Or rum (Lemon Hart) with a slice of Key Lime and some coke.

I like milk with rum and rum with milk. And I think I'll have another.

Robin tippsy in Rocky

By the way, There is a saying in Government, "After all is said and done.....there is usually more said than done"

altaberg
10-22-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm with Homer Simpson on that one: hm beer!

Sheep back in the old country the Jagermeister was developed for medicinal purposes; it should be used exclusively for that.
I knew some young Canadians once who after being posted to Lahr in the Black Forest partied on the stuff and where sh!%ing green for days after.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vindalbakken
10-23-2007, 12:41 AM
The Rusty Nail is a favorite toast to the hunt. I tip my cup to all the various scotch purveyors on here. I usually keep a selection on hand as not all days feel the same at the end and part of the pleasure is matching the scotch to the day.

There is nothing wrong with a little coffee in the Baileys on a cold night at camp.

sheephunter
10-23-2007, 08:50 AM
I guess what they say is right about aircraft tires and all that stuff.

K, I'll bite...what do they say?

Dick284
10-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Balls as big as Aircraft tires!
TJ ,you've got some balls, in other words.

sheephunter
10-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Naw...guessing it's more like brain the size of a pea!

Rackmastr
10-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Famous Grouse Scotch.....mmmm......

Actually, Duk Dog and I got into some really good Havana Club Rum on our bowhunt....I'm not a super rum drinker but man was that stuff good!!! It was like drinking candy...haha.

Then again, I got into some Jager with Morb and Brady....that was NOT a good night!!! The airhorn came out a bit too early, the drinks were flowing, stories were told around the fire, and I think the night ended with my wife yelling at us to go to bed!!! I think it all got started when I realized that Jager had a picture of a 'stag' on the label, which I of course took as 'good luck' for elk hunting....haha....good times

Rockymtnx
10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I am glad my wife doesn't hang out here at AO. But on the other hand, she probably would if she didn't spend all her time in the kitchen baking me pies.

shooter
10-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Baileys on the rocks then a Strongbow Cider. I've too have had that "Drink of the hunt" as Sheep calls it.... and found that it tasted like Buckley's. Not so good!!! I've also heard that the Jager Bombs have been known to be harmfull to the heart... I'll post in new thread as to not hijack this one.

Rockymtnx
10-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Actually, Duk Dog and I got into some really good Havana Club Rum on our bowhunt....I'm not a super rum drinker but man was that stuff good!!! It was like drinking candy...haha.

Oh yes the best $6.00 Rum you can by on the beaches of Cuba. lol

sheephunter
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Rack.....you do know what the translation of jagermeister is.....No surprise it's good luck for elk hunting...if you can get out of bed the next day that is....lol

Then again, I got into some Jager with Morb and Brady....that was NOT a good night!!! The airhorn came out a bit too early, the drinks were flowing, stories were told around the fire, and I think the night ended with my wife yelling at us to go to bed!!! I think it all got started when I realized that Jager had a picture of a 'stag' on the label, which I of course took as 'good luck' for elk hunting....haha....good times

Rackmastr
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh yes the best $6.00 Rum you can by on the beaches of Cuba. lol

Yep....the inlaws are going in January and I will be putting in an order for them to bring back their maximum allowed importation of the stuff.....heh.

Rackmastr
10-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Rack.....you do know what the translation of jagermeister is.....No surprise it's good luck for elk hunting...if you can get out of bed the next day that is....lol

No...whats the translation? I just had a few drinks, saw the 'stag/elk' and figured we'd better drink the whole bottle around the fire!! Definatly had a hard time waking up the next morning......haha

sheephunter
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
The jagermeister is the Master Hunter on German estates. This drink actually has deep roots in the hunting tradition. Well at least for squareheads like me.

The old German writing around the label translates as follows:
"It is the hunter's honour that he protects and preserves his game, hunts sportsmanlike, honours the Creator in his Creatures"

That is why I said it truly is the drink of the hunt.

http://www.hancocks.co.nz/article.jsp?id=75&feature=brand&name=JAGERMEISTER

Rackmastr
10-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Pretty darn cool man....maybe thats gonna have to be a part of hunting camp from now on.....it actually was pretty enjoyable after the first....heh

Rockymtnx
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Just wondering if anyone has tried either of these.
I tried the black can and it was pretty tasty.

sheephunter
10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Monster is my favourite.....even in a Jagerbomb!

Rackmastr
10-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Monster drinks are good.....probably my fave too (even though I dont drink em too much).

I've tried the Rockstars and they are good but a bit of after-taste for some reason.....

RADAKALS
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Rocky: I thought the last guy we hunted with that drank that rotten root liquer was permanently :lol: extradited to Drayton Valley. Now it appears to be taking a hold just out of Cowtown.:lol:

s_buffalo
10-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Heh, who I'm with is more important than what I'm drinking... Though I do enjoy a fine scotch once in a while.

Stinky

BrianWiley
10-27-2007, 09:29 PM
OBANS single malt :evilgrin:

Brady
11-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Yup, good times fer sur. :scared: :scared:
Good to know, the history on that green tar......might just have to become a staple in elk camp.

In the pre-Jager(mess me up big time)meister days, an ice cold Kokanee, then followed by a Royal Reserve and pepsi, or 2 or 3 or 4........does the trick for me.

Kanonfodder
11-01-2007, 01:47 PM
It's the company more than the liquor for me, however I have been known to open a btl of Jager and toss away the cap. Makes for a bad Elk hunt the next AM. It's hard to sleep leaning on a hay bale.......even worse when the wolves start howling...but I digress. Mount gay extra old is a staple among my pals.

albertabucks
11-01-2007, 02:01 PM
I like Rockstar Pomagranite Energy drinks on the way out, when I am home its MooseHead beer, Coffee and bailys, and butterripple on ice.

Walleyes
11-01-2007, 03:23 PM
It's the company more than the liquor for me, however I have been known to open a btl of Jager and toss away the cap. Makes for a bad Elk hunt the next AM. It's hard to sleep leaning on a hay bale.......even worse when the wolves start howling...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: See I told my wife I wasn't the only one...

CNP
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
It's never all said and done.........lots said....little done lol. I had my first taste of JAGERMEISTER in Germany (yes Lahr) in 1976. Tasted bad then and tastes just as bad now. I tried to get over the taste my drinking it copiously...just like smoking. It didn't work thank God. I've gone to hunting camps where guys couldn't get their but out of bed in the morning because it was more a drunk camp then a hunt camp and I was one of them. Things have changed a lot over the years. A meal with a bottle of Merlot mellows me out...and that is a special event nowadays.

Redfrog
11-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Jagermeister is on my short list.:D and the women I've known that drank it shaved.:love:
I'll also drink Irish Mist, or Drambuie to toast a successful hunt.

If I'm just running on regular it could be Yukon Jack, Tequila, Southern Comfort, or Scotch or JD, I'm not fussy. Add ice and I'm good to go. I don't like mixed drinks.

ULTRAlite
11-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Spanish Coffee for me....

mmmmmmmm..... (http://thespiritworld.net/2007/01/14/mxmo-winter-warmers-spanish-coffee/)

duffy4
11-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I recently bought a case of "WESTERN premium Pilsner" It is made in Saskatoon by The Great Western Brewing Company.

I was aware they knew how to drink beer in SASK. but I didn't know they knew how to brew a good beer. (the can is green, of course)

Robin in Rocky

Hoochie Papa
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
I love scotch.

And scotch loves me.

On another note, I have connections who work in Cuba on rotation. I could round up some extra botles of rum I think.

s_buffalo
11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Haven't had Jägermeister for years. Gonna have to try that again.

Stinky

tyu33
11-09-2007, 05:23 AM
Our Elk camp always has a couple of bottles of Port. Nothing like a bottle of 20 year old Taylor Fladgate in the evening after supper.

Shrubs
11-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Usually I start off with nice cold bottled bud and eventually get into the Lambs White. Best stuff in the world IMHO.

s_buffalo
11-10-2007, 10:51 PM
This is how to keep your celebratory beverage safe and cool.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/mplaum/IMG_0451.jpg

So, "Weidmann's Heil" and all that. ;)

700TI
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Colona Red seems to hit the spot. And Schmidt Beer from the states should be in any fishing/hunting camp!!!

Silverado
11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
i must not get out much...jager...me---ister, glen fidditch, magillacuttys?? what the______ is that??!
ifn i had that....id probly go to a Dr and get it lanced!!!

that stuff may cause lazy eye, blindness in 50% of tested lab rats, double vision, removes copper fouling, lead, plastic and rust.

BAHAHAHAHA LMAO... funny one Roger

Piker
11-11-2007, 10:56 AM
tall glass,fill half with ice,2oz.of vodka,1 tsp.of tabasco,2 tbs.of worchester and top with motts extra spicy and hot clamata juice

Reeves1
11-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Well, with the colder weather, and Christmas nearing, it's Hot Chocolate time, nyet ?
So here is something to pick up next time at the vendors:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/DerrickJB/Blue100.jpg
You'll note that on the bottom of the bottle it says: Enjoy in Moderation; you can ignore this warning !
Adds a nice hint of Peppermint to the Chocolate, and can also keep the Maw-in-law under control in quick measure !
Also, it comes in small bottles: you may want to pick up several of them to get the desired effect , due to it is only good for two or three drinks !

Rockymtnx
11-12-2007, 04:19 PM
This is how to keep your celebratory beverage safe and cool.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/mplaum/IMG_0451.jpg

So, "Weidmann's Heil" and all that. ;)

You have built the perfect sheep trap!

sheephunter
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
LMAO...I'd be like Homer with donuts on that one. Keep catching me but those oh sooooooo sweet doughnuts!!!!!! Drool!

s_buffalo
11-12-2007, 05:22 PM
You have built the perfect sheep trap!

Yikes! I don't have a license for one of those! :o

700TI
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Schmidt Beer of course. And it's good too.http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/gilliesg/random/2007hunt.jpg

M70
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
TI, if you aren't careful, you'll become "Schmidt faced" with those. Ah...... the $3.99 (US) Schmidt Sport Pack... brings back lots of memories... good times, good times. I haven't had a Schmidt in almost 20 years. I guess they're probably not $3.99 anymore are they?:lol:

700TI
11-13-2007, 10:18 PM
My buddy from work just brought those back for me today. And yes they were on special for less then $4.00. But with tax, duty and all that schit it came to $17.00 for 24

TreeGuy
11-13-2007, 10:54 PM
and can also keep the Maw-in-law under control in quick measure !

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I hear ya on THAT one. How much fun is it getting the mother-in-law zonked? God, I can't wait for Christmas!:evilgrin:

Tree:innocent: