PDA

View Full Version : SSR update.

Fishfinder
11-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Got out for awhile yesterday from about 9-1 and we managed to do quite well. Between a friend and myself we managed 31 fish, the action was constant and very rarely did we not reel in without a fish on the end of our lines.
All were walters, saugers, n suckers. Nothing to large to report, biggest walter being about 3#s(guessing).
Highlights of the day:
Watched a friend catch his first sauger and then proceeded to catch many more.
Caught my second "double" of my life - both ugly suckers.
The spot was surprisingly clean which makes me very happy!
Only had to use the pliers twice and all fish swam away unharmed.
Met a few very nice people walking their pooches.

Lowlight of the day (not that there really was one)
4 hrs fishing and seen one bird and no other wildlife, found that a lil odd?

All in all, very fun day:sHa_shakeshout:
Cheers n GL all!

jeprli
11-03-2010, 04:00 PM
You guys did good, couple of weeks ago it was very slow. I seem to always get them in half hour period, and then it goes dead(for artificials, don't use bait). It stil makes me happy, but hearing of 31 fish for good 3 hours of fishing between two guys...that just makes me jealous. Good work!

Fishfinder
11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
You guys did good, couple of weeks ago it was very slow. I seem to always get them in half hour period, and then it goes dead(for artificials, don't use bait). It stil makes me happy, but hearing of 31 fish for good 3 hours of fishing between two guys...that just makes me jealous. Good work!

Thanx man, never surrender.
Ya we got kinda lucky, found a decent walter hole and never strayed to far from it. Thought we'd try Echodale pond today after checking out Cavan. Buddy managed the smallest sucka Iv'e ever seen lol n I managed two Rbows but I had to hunt for them, both pretty small, around 9-11 inch, second one was a fatty though, musta just had lunch. Took me an hour or so to locate them but I did. I reckon had we got there at 7a.m. as oppossed to noon our success rate woulda been much greater! (it was a last minute decision to go fishn) Again, a beautiful day, feels like summer out there.
Gonna hook up the SSR again tomorrow, will post results.
Cheers n GL!:)

WayneChristie
11-03-2010, 06:59 PM
you fishing this weekend?

Fishfinder
11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
you fishing this weekend?

Who me?
Does the pope wear a funny hat hehe?
JK, yup plan to fish for sure, gotta take advantage of this late warm weather I reckon:)
If your coming to town, shoot me a P.M. more than welcome to join. Likely just gonna be me and a buddy or two (and you if to come). Prolly hit a local hole around town n fish the riv as we all have jobs where u never know when the call is going to come thus best stick close to town.
Cheers Wayne:)

Dale S
11-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Congrats. I guy gets spoiled when they bit like that.Then when you only catch a dozen your bummed out.The Oldman is clear as its been all year, but the Bow is still a little dirty, making the S.S.R. a little dirty. The clearer the S.S.R. is the better the fishing gets.A guy just has to be out there when the biggirls get hungery.

jacenbeers
11-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I want to go back to the Forks. When I was there a few weeks ago with jeprli I caught nothing and need another stab at it.

Fishfinder
11-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I want to go back to the Forks. When I was there a few weeks ago with jeprli I caught nothing and need another stab at it.

Perhaps drop npauls a p.m. I'm pretty sure he frequents the area and could likely offer a few ideas. I know it can be hit and miss there.

ice
11-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Lol What =do you expect too see other then fish n birds =P

Fishfinder
11-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Har Har.
Generally see plenty o deer, a few beavers, occassionally foxes, snakes when I can find them, rabbits often....I like it, keeps me entertained when the fishies aren't biting. Fortunately, they are though!:)
Cheers n GL!

castaway
11-04-2010, 07:39 PM

The Forks is very hit & miss. Try it early/mid May. Trust me

Fishfinder
11-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Had another great day Friday at the riv. Little slower than last time out but between 3 of us we managed 34 fishys. Handful of suckas n saugers but for the most part, lots of walleyes including a 10#er WOOWOO! My buddy caught it (largest walter I've personally ever seen with my own eyes). Also a couple 5#ers were collectively wrangled.

But my goal for the day as it was likely our last time at the riv this year was to hook into a pike (they have eluded me all year)! Caught a nice 5#er WOOWOO! One of two (the other was a friends). So mission accomplished:)

It was a super fun day and great way to cap off the river season. The big wallys came early in the morn and the 2 pike were hooked in the early afternoon. So if anyone has a chance, GET OUT THERE, lotsa action!

Cheers n GL all!:)

-Wayne, I DO have to work early Sunday so another time bro. P.M. sent.-

lugeboy
11-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I gotta askm where roughly is this place I am new to this so still learing all the names.?
Thanks Rob

Fishfinder
11-07-2010, 07:57 AM
I gotta askm where roughly is this place I am new to this so still learing all the names.?
Thanks Rob

Directly under the sun. South Sask Riv. It's near the North one, just turn right, er is it a left hehe. JK:)