PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake

Kim473
11-04-2010, 07:20 AM
With the nets in the lake last winter and the summer kill of White fish this summer, How do you think the fishing will be this winter? I have tags for small eyes and would like to get my first White. What are my chances?

Alberta Bigbore
11-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Pigeon Lake whitefish are tanks, and worth the effort of trying for them there. But if your looking for easy pickin' whitefish go to Gull or Sylvan.

Pigeon should fish as well as it does every winter. :)

nicemustang
11-04-2010, 08:52 AM
With the nets in the lake last winter and the summer kill of White fish this summer

That happens every year, just not this one. So it shouldn't make a difference. I think you gotta be in the right place. We can go all day seeing whites sometimes too and have them not bite, just have to be there on the right day and time of year (first ice is good and last ice).

buckmaster
11-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Pigeon Lake whitefish are tanks, and worth the effort of trying for them there. But if your looking for easy pickin' whitefish go to Gull or Sylvan.

X2

HappySonny
11-04-2010, 11:41 AM

Is Sylvan closed already?

nicemustang
11-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Is Sylvan closed already?

www.albertaregulations.ca

HappySonny
11-04-2010, 11:55 AM
www.albertaregulations.ca

Just don't understand the followings:

Sylvan Lake & tributaries – Walleye limit 0; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 5; Lake Whitefish limit 5; Burbot limit 3.
the portion of lake southwest of a line drawn from the northeastern most tip of the landfill pier in Sylvan Lake Provincial Park located at NW 33-38-1-W5M due northwest to the point on the shoreline where the boundary between the town of Sylvan Lake and the Summer Village of Norglenwold meet the lake located at NE 32-38-1-W5M. Including all tributary streams. April 1 to June 30 – CLOSED

Thanks a lot in advance!

nicemustang
11-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Well it actually says this...forgot the most important part.

Sylvan Lake & tributaries – Walleye limit 0; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm;
Perch limit 5; Lake Whitefish limit 5; Burbot limit 3.
 the portion of lake southwest of a line drawn from the northeastern
most tip of the landfill pier in Sylvan Lake Provincial Park located
at NW 33-38-1-W5M due northwest to the point on the shoreline
where the boundary between the town of Sylvan Lake and the
Summer Village of Norglenwold meet the lake located at
NE 32-38-1-W5M. Including all tributary streams.
April 1 to June 30 – CLOSED
 the remainder of the lake
 Apr. 1 to May 20 and Nov. 1 to Dec. 10 – CLOSED
 May 21 to Oct. 31 and Dec. 11 to Mar. 31 – OPEN

So....according to regs, the part that is closed is the remainder of the lake that isn't included in the bolded statment above until Dec 10th, likely to protect the whitefish spawn.