PDA

View Full Version : Nov. outings

Tcw
11-06-2010, 07:43 PM
:cheers::cheers::cheers:Just thinking; most boats and fisherman must be staying home this time of
the year. Been out with the boat four times, in the last seven days;
and have been almost the only one out. Today I saw two others out at
MacGregor, no one at Twin, no one at Clear, and no one at Chain.
Just a few shore fisherman, here and there. How come?
Sure the bite is alittle slower, but still great weather for Nov., to be out.
Thrusday, was down to T-shirt even with a breeze.
Or, has everyone used up thier days off.
Just wondering,,,,,

My boats not going to bed till the water is hard!!

horsetrader
11-06-2010, 07:59 PM
:cheers::cheers::cheers:Just thinking; most boats and fisherman must be staying home this time of
the year. Been out with the boat four times, in the last seven days;
and have been almost the only one out. Today I saw two others out at
MacGregor, no one at Twin, no one at Clear, and no one at Chain.
Just a few shore fisherman, here and there. How come?
Sure the bite is alittle slower, but still great weather for Nov., to be out.
Thrusday, was down to T-shirt even with a breeze.
Or, has everyone used up thier days off.
Just wondering,,,,,

My boats not going to bed till the water is hard!!

Went out friday took the small boat to mink for pike only one there
H

pikester
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Me & my buddy hit Newell today, fished all the places pike are supposed to be right now; reefs, rock points, exit areas from bays, deep edge of remaining cabbage beds, etc. Only had 2 hits & 2 follows to show for it :thinking-006: I am done until freeze-up. Was a beautiful day though!

pikergolf
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Was out today as well, Tilley B and Scope. Zip and zero, tried for pike and whites. Saw a few whites rising at Tilley B but no dice. As was mention beautiful day!!

spinerfisher
11-06-2010, 09:35 PM
I fished Mcgregor on Friday along the rock wall and had a great day, the wind really was howling for sure which sucked but thats chinooks for ya. Started at 1030 till 3pm and had 5 walleye and 2 pike with about a dozen strikes that didnt connect. ****.

weirdest thing happened though, first strike after setting up. was using minnows on rig and rod had a few tugs, so i start to bring in my line and felt like a massive pile off weeds. Next thing i see attached to my hook is a pike head.WTF. Just a head with no body to be seen. I start to look around as too:scared0015: many halloween movies had the mind a goin, never forget that moment for sure!

horsetrader
11-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Me & my buddy hit Newell today, fished all the places pike are supposed to be right now; reefs, rock points, exit areas from bays, deep edge of remaining cabbage beds, etc. Only had 2 hits & 2 follows to show for it :thinking-006: I am done until freeze-up. Was a beautiful day though!

Lots of pike at mink on friday caught a few on spoons trolling the better half had one on drifting a drop shot minnow on a floating jig fought it for a few min.it hit the bottom sraightened the hook out and was gone never had a chance to see it brought one home for supper tried for perch earlyer but no luck might get out sunday again.

H

Rick.
11-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I fished Mcgregor on Friday along the rock wall and had a great day, the wind really was howling for sure which sucked but thats chinooks for ya. Started at 1030 till 3pm and had 5 walleye and 2 pike with about a dozen strikes that didnt connect. ****.

weirdest thing happened though, first strike after setting up. was using minnows on rig and rod had a few tugs, so i start to bring in my line and felt like a massive pile off weeds. Next thing i see attached to my hook is a pike head.WTF. Just a head with no body to be seen. I start to look around as too:scared0015: many halloween movies had the mind a goin, never forget that moment for sure!

Just great. Now we all have to worry about catching a headless pike next year!! LOL. Sure would have been something to catch the fish that did that to your pike. We fished Mcgregor Thursday only further south than you. It was slow but my buddy caught his best walleye of the season in the afternoon. You just never know how it's going to go. Taking the grand kids to Pine Coulee tomorrow and then i think I'll be winterizing the boat Monday. It has been an enjoyable long fall season. Rick.

Guitarplayingfish
11-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I agree, Haven't seen many people out. Went out today and pulled out a 15lb+ pike!! It was unbelievable, biggest pike I've caught all year. Im glad people are staying in this time of year!

Fishfinder
11-07-2010, 02:08 AM
I agree, Haven't seen many people out. Went out today and pulled out a 15lb+ pike!! It was unbelievable, biggest pike I've caught all year. Im glad people are staying in this time of year!

Amen. Not a soul to be seen where I be fishn, not sure what's going on. More fish for me WOOWOO! Surely can't complain but does make a guy wonder? I reckon most are gearing up for winter.

WayneChristie
11-07-2010, 07:14 AM
I checked out the river, found a new to me spot that looks very interesting, but no fish in the short time I was there. Checked out one of the reservoirs with the new extended season, saw a few thousand snow geese and eyeballed a couple spots for the ice season. Zigged when I should have zagged on the way out of the maze, and ended up in Vauxhall so we headed over to Enchant to give my new ice lures a test run, ended up with 60 or 70 perch for myself, and a bunch for the missus as well, guess they like them :sHa_shakeshout: cant be too cocky tho, Ive caught them on a bare hook in there at times :sHa_sarcasticlol: Supposed to be windy and gray today, so Im going to go check out one of my favorites, its as low as its ever been since they are working on one of the gates, so this winter the big pike will be a lot more concentrated, maybe the record will be in my name by spring! Or not. :angry3: with the low overnight temps this coming week maybe the ponds will start to ice up and stay this time. :sign0176:

Tcw
11-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Rick:

I was at Macgregor Thurs. morning, while it was still windy. Never dropped
in but chatted with with guy that was in the little aluim boat, A bioligist
form Leth. doing his fall catch for his studies. Learned alot from the man,
but never got his name. Did you chat with him?
The wind most likely died down after I left. I dropped into Twin and enjoyed the fishing, and the T-shirt weather. 6 pike landed,6 off, plenty of lite hits,
and a ton or followers. Nothing big. Macgregor yesterday, not as many, but more aggresive strikes, and much fatter fish

Good to hear that still a few of us are still going out, from a large area .

Tcw:happy0034:

Geezle
11-07-2010, 08:36 AM
I've been fishing the bejesus out of the NSR the past few weeks. It's been great...up until a few days ago the fishing has been wicked, and I've got a nice quiet spot where I hardly ever see other people. I think I've run into people out there twice in the past 3 weeks, and both times they were nice folks :)

I feel like I'm fishing on borrowed time, so I'm getting out as much as I can...fish or no fish. You don't shoot, you don't score! :fishing:

iliketrout
11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
One reason for the decline in guys out is probably hunting. A lot of guys are focusing on it, especially with November being here and a lot of zones opening up and the deer rut right around the corner.

I haven't cast a line in 2 months.

Geezle
11-07-2010, 08:46 AM
One reason for the decline in guys out is probably hunting. A lot of guys are focusing on it, especially with November being here and a lot of zones opening up and the deer rut right around the corner.

I haven't cast a line in 2 months.

I agree with you on that, but I think the weather has a lot to do with it too. There's quite a few folks out there who in general don't fish that often and/or are fairweather fishermen. They're the guys you'll see out only on the nice weekends in the summer when there's no wind etc. I'm pretty sure once we got that first little skiff of snow a lot of people put away their fishing gear for the season.

seahawkfisher
11-07-2010, 09:36 AM
i'm just licking my chops right now; the best open water of the year is finally on our doorstep :)

it takes a few good frost days to really get em going - just hope there's the guy with the big alum out there 5 mins before me to bust up the ice at the launch...
cheers

nicemustang
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
November is for hunting.

baitfisher83
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Havent been out in like 6 weeks myself....no one seems to wanna go.....my dad's a big chicken..lol

npauls
11-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I will be getting out on thursday no matter what the weather is like. Depending on the weather will decide where I am headed. Last year I fished into late november and I hope to do it again this year.

Nate

dodger
11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I was on Travers on Wednesday and had a nice Pike on but "0" Wally bites. Had the whole lake to myself with Winch101 who was with me. There were a lot of Eagles hanging out on the peaks of the hills. Saw a couple of yotes running along the side of a hill, one of them had a blueish coat on him ??

Dodger.

WayneChristie
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I was on Travers on Wednesday and had a nice Pike on but "0" Wally bites. Had the whole lake to myself with Winch101 who was with me. There were a lot of Eagles hanging out on the peaks of the hills. Saw a couple of yotes running along the side of a hill," one of them had a blueish coat on him "??

Dodger.

so thats where my jacket went!!!!

dodger
11-09-2010, 06:54 AM
Sometimes you have to be smarter than the yotey. :scared0018:
Dodger

Tcw
11-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Well, Sunday may have been my last boat trip out.
McGregor was a touch breezie in the morning, but ended up a beautiful day.
Water is at 40 degrees and cleared up more than it has been.
No hint of any ice. Sonar showed more fish back at north end now that the commercial guys are gone. Landed some nice healthy pike, and my best
3lb walleye of the year. Great way to end the day!
Good to see F&W still making there rounds.
Next year, I need a camera on the boat, there are a lot of great pictures on
here from members, and sometimes it would be nice to share as well.
I guess we will see what the week brings?? I wonder if I can get the boat
out, for my 9th month this season???:character0053:

SushiUnagi
11-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Boat is winterized! Only water touching it now is the stuff from the sky.

Been travelling quite a bit lately and truck in the shops for hail repairs (from June this year) so haven't been out since September! Wow

B.O.
11-16-2010, 05:41 AM
I winterized the big boat a week ago, but I went out in the little boat saturday for abit. The fishing was fairly good and the weather was great.

WayneChristie
11-16-2010, 07:12 AM
I winterized the big boat a week ago, but I went out in the little boat saturday for abit. The fishing was fairly good and the weather was great.

Nice fish! I tried from the point of the island Sunday but no luck from shore. It was even nicer out than Saturday.

Rick.
11-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Those are two very nice fish. I put my boat to bed Sunday and now I wish..... well the ice will be off in April. Real nice fish for sure. Rick.