PDA

View Full Version : Slave Lake: we're booked for the ice season

nicemustang
11-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey, just wanted to put it out there. A group of my friends and I are staying up on the lesser slave lake during march. We booked to stay on the ice in cabins from Alberta Adventures. We are arriving March 11, leaving March 13th. So if anyone of my buddies on here want to book another cabin or two, should be a good time!

Site: http://www.adventurealberta.com/icefishing.html

Dates: Fri-Sun March 11-13

greylynx
11-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Whereabouts do they they park these cabins?

Safety D
11-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Seems like a lot of money? 50 per day plus an additional 100 for the cabin? dont really get it? I know at hawks cabins in Jousard it was very reasonable

pikehunter1989
11-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Seems like a lot of money? 50 per day plus an additional 100 for the cabin? dont really get it? I know at hawks cabins in Jousard it was very reasonable

do they have bunk beds in the ones at jousard? im looking at doing a trip aswell this winter like this but have only heard of the ones on slave lake..

lifesagarden
11-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Epic trip every year... I ended up having to book a weekend trip for the misses (isn't it horrible when they loving doing that stuff?! ha ha) and a few other couples as well as the boys trip. Think this will be yr 5 for myself. Think this yr the couples book 5 cabins and boys booked 6.

Kim473
11-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Hey, just wanted to put it out there. A group of my friends and I are staying up on the lesser slave lake during march. We booked to stay on the ice in cabins from Alberta Adventures. We are arriving March 11, leaving March 13th. So if anyone of my buddies on here want to book another cabin or two, should be a good time!

Site: http://www.adventurealberta.com/icefishing.html

Dates: Fri-Sun March 11-13

So how much is that per person? Say 4 people. And what time sunday is get out? Is that two nights in the shack on the lake? Would like to do that sometime.

nicemustang
11-09-2010, 08:49 AM
It's just not a hut rental. It is basically a cabin that you stay on the lake. Everything is provided, fishing gear, tackle, auger, camera, beds, etc all in the cabin. You just show up and fish.

knifeman
11-09-2010, 03:30 PM
I've stayed with Alberta Adventures would say the cabins are for 2 people 3 max not 4 like they say on the website. Still we had tons of fun out there last year.

Safety D
11-09-2010, 07:29 PM
no bunks in the Joussard ones. But great service, good times and the fishin in descent. We even watched the semi final of the olympics last year in the shack !!!!

crown royal 17
11-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Nash's cabins on the east has rentals they are usually set up around dog Island and they have full cabins at the shore I believe they have a web site.Just another option not saying any one better than the other.Fishing on Slave Lake usually starting just after Christmas if ice is safe.

gramps73
11-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I have fished Lady Hawk and stayed in the cabins that have bunks in them. Bernie runs a great service but I have heard that it up for sale.

npauls
11-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I really want to go on this trip but the hockey tourney in vegas in april is putting a damper on things. If I can swing it I will definately join people. When are you guys leaving? The thursday night or friday early morning? That is like an 8 or 9 hour drive from lethbridge I am thinking.

Nate

nicemustang
11-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I've heard the lady hawk isn't doing it this year. Phoned twice and no one called me back. Also, I heard you can't sleep in them so not sure what the deal is there.

Braun
11-09-2010, 09:52 PM
nate, im sure it would be easy to hook up with someone for the drive. if i HAAAVE to i supposed I could travel with you. and if your tourny is april and this is in march i really dont see what the conflict is here.......

it sounds like a friday through sunday trip but my question for stang is are you guys staying in the cabins both friday and saturday night or hotel for the friday?

nicemustang
11-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Cabins.