PDA

View Full Version : New cabelas/marcum UW cameras

nicemustang
11-08-2010, 09:30 AM
So what's everyone thought on the new camera out this year? I looking to upgrade from my Fishtv with a better unit. I've seen a marcum vs380 and it was 10x better than mine. So what does everyone think?

1. Cabelas 7" panning camera (http://cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=71&&section=1188&section2=1615&ID=25678) This basically looks like the marcum 620 but with a panning camera.

2. Marcum 625SD (http://cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=71&&section=1188&section2=1615&ID=24299) New version of 620 with and LCD and new sony II camera

3. Marcum 825SD (https://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?imageSku=3868241&enlargeSkuz=26236&C=10C&GETPRODUCTSBYCLASSG=10C&D=10) - 8" LCD model.

I think I can afford #1 pretty easily but man the 2 and 3 options are inviting. I've heard bad things in the past with panning camera, so not sure what to think. I dunno if I need panning anyway. I would prefer to get it from the fishin hole so it was local and I could get monies/gift cards for it from the family for xmas but them aren't going to carry the 625 which I think I could swing for $550.

What are you guys thinking?

Big Schnizz
11-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Most of the reviews on cabelas for their previous panning cameras were not good. Lots of problems with leaks. There is likely a reason why no other company makes a panning camera. Marcum used to make one and has stopped.

I also think color is overrated. You need light to produce color and I don't think they would look all too special when there is 3 feet of ice and 2 feet of snow on top. That's the nice thing about the Marcum's though because I think you can switch between color and black and white.

Why not just go with the vs380 since you've seen it and know it is 10x better than yours? It will be a lot cheaper than #2 and #3 and will give you a 7 inch screen and the fishin hole should have them.

nicemustang
11-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Because the vs380 is still a CRT. Uses more power and twice the size of these new LCDs. I wonder how they will fair through the winter though.

huntsfurfish
11-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Have the marcum 820 and love it. Think I am going to buy a Marcum 825 as well this winter to replace aqua vu scout? Or I will keep the scout and set it up in a hole outside the fishin partners tent to spy on him for our friendly wagers:);):lol:

The 8 inch screens are nice

slingshotz
11-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Here's an incentive for the MarCum:

Buying a new MarCum VS625SD Underwater Camera gets you a FREE Auto Camera Panning accessory with mail-in reward (offer valid from October 15 to December 31, 2010)

That looks like an awesome unit and something I would probably get if some of my stock investments stay in the black. Let's get a few people interested and see if the Fishin' Hole will give a group discount ;)

loopyalcsel
11-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Here's an incentive for the MarCum:

Buying a new MarCum VS625SD Underwater Camera gets you a FREE Auto Camera Panning accessory with mail-in reward (offer valid from October 15 to December 31, 2010)

That looks like an awesome unit and something I would probably get if some of my stock investments stay in the black. Let's get a few people interested and see if the Fishin' Hole will give a group discount ;)

I'm in if anyone else is.

nimrod
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm also in for a group discount, on the Marcum 625, so let me know if some one can swing a deal, I would be getting mine from an Edmonton area Fishinhole cheers

nicemustang
11-08-2010, 07:33 PM
I guess the fishin hole isn't getting the 625, or the bass pro. So i guess us alberta people can't get it without it coming from the net.

Lots of talk of the fish scout to be the one: Fish Scout 1000 (http://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?imageSku=3868553&enlargeSkuz=26237&GETPRODUCTSBYCLASSG=10C&C=10C&D=10) but it doesn't have the onscreen depth, temp or direction....so I'll phone marcum and see if they will get us a bunch :)

slingshotz
11-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Did you end up contacting anyone to see if they can get the Marcum's here? I've been looking around and it seems that Cabelas is on backorder but BassPro is direct ship from factory. RedRock might have it in stock but there's shipping to pay but I've ordered from them before and they've been excellent. You can buy from Marcum directly but they ship UPS so the brokerage fees will be stupid.

Be nice to order from a Canadian supplier or get it locally though to save on shipping. and the brokerage fees Only place I can find so far in Canada is radioworld out of Toronto.

Mudslide
11-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm ordering the Marcum 825SD tomorrow through Bass Pro. Looks like they can special order them in after all. I have my Marcum vs380 up for sale for $250. if anyone is interested