PDA

View Full Version : Fincraft

FUGARWE
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi guys I am a Calgary Boat Dealer and thinking about taking on the new line of fishing boats called Fincraft. Just looking for some feedback on what you guys think of the brand. I have not made the decision to take them on yet, kinda still on the fence so I thought this would be a good place to see what REAL fishermen think.

Thanks in advance!

Rick.
11-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Good looking boats. I'd be happy to test one for you. LOL. Sounds like they are well made and have a good guarantee. They compare them with aluminum boats which is a bit of mistake in my opinion. They would be more accurately compared to other fish/ski fiberglass boats. Good luck with you decision. Rick.

npauls
11-09-2010, 09:04 PM
They look like a decent boat to me. I would like to take the 17' single console or the 1850 double console for a test run. I fish the SAWT and haven't seen any of these boats around as of yet. Would be nice to have something out there other then the regular names. I would like to check out the interior layout up close also.

Nate

FUGARWE
11-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, if we do decide to take them on I will put a notice up here. I would like to bring a few different models/hp out to say Little Bow Prov Park in the spring and invite those that had comments out to test drive them so I can get some first hand feedback. Once again thanks for the commnts hope I get some more good or bad.

Cheers

freeones
11-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, if we do decide to take them on I will put a notice up here. I would like to bring a few different models/hp out to say Little Bow Prov Park in the spring and invite those that had comments out to test drive them so I can get some first hand feedback. Once again thanks for the commnts hope I get some more good or bad.

Cheers

I personally wouldn't purchase one, and I don't think you'd attract too many of the dedicated fishermen. The model lineup is too small, both in number of options and the size of the boats. A 19' center console as a flagship won't be a hot seller.

You might attract the family fish and ski types though, depending on quality and price, but there is a lot of competition in the 16-18' fishing and fish/ski category from very established companies. The prices that are on the website are for WAYYYYY underpowered boat packages, so it would be interesting to see what they add up to with maxed out HP and how that compares to the boats listed.

Unless you're going to make a good profit on them, I'd give it some serious thought.

nicemustang
11-10-2010, 10:35 AM
There was another AB dealer on here asking the same question a while back. Oh wait, I think that was you.

Still stand by my original input. Underpowered boat for the weight and not crazy about the design. Price point seemed too high as well for the boat.

FUGARWE
11-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes I have posted here to get some comments in regards to the Fincraft before you are correct. I was toying with the idea back in the spring and still have not made a decision. I appreciate all the comments both positive and negative. I will keep you posted on my decision.

Chris K
11-12-2010, 11:49 PM
In my opinion they are a tough sell. There is a now non current sitting in Edmonton and it has been there since they hit the market.

Chris K