PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever do any deep sea fishing in......

Stella
11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Kauai, Hawaii. I am going on a family vacation here in August and was wondering if anyone on here has ever done any fishing here. Looking for a good charter that is reasonable. Thanks!

BTK
11-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Can tell you is that you can go on 3 outings in mexico for the price of one trip in Hawaii. Got skunked as well. If you do decide to go make sure when you pay you will be the only ones on the boat, really sucks when you show up and theres 4 other people on the boat with you! Might want to do a little search on seasons before you go, might save you a grand of so.
Good Luck!

seahawkfisher
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
we've had great success in hawaii; unfortunately, out of oahu. i'm sure it's good out of the other islands too though. shop around. if you're willling to wait, go to the dock in the afternoon when boats are comming in and talk with a cptn directly - they might have a last min opening that could go for cheap
good luck

Sundancefisher
11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Kauai, Hawaii. I am going on a family vacation here in August and was wondering if anyone on here has ever done any fishing here. Looking for a good charter that is reasonable. Thanks!

I fished out of Maui a few years back. Not a lot of action. Three bites...lost two and landed one wahoo. Tackle was heavy duty...no way that fish was getting away. I may try out of Kauai as well next year.

JSMPP
11-10-2010, 06:39 PM
i went out of oahu as well, it was expensive, i think about 300 per person on a shared boat if i remember right. one blue marlin on the boat out of the 8 lines we had out, i had more fun with the deep water jigging for $50. Mostly little reef fish but non stop, drop your line down, bring it a few feet off the bottom and within 10 seconds you had a fish, everytime. Some stuff a little bigger too, nothing like the marlin but on the 15 pound mono and light rods they feel a lot bigger than they are. I talked to the guide on the deep water boat quite a bit and apparently the big island is where you want to fish in hawaii, and after guiding deep sea fishing in hawaii and the west coast of mexico for years, your dream is to go to Canada to fish for walleye? be thankful for what we got here guys others are jealous

Big Schnizz
11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm kind of in the same boat. Heading to Maui over Christmas and looking into booking something. The problem is that there are a lot of negative reviews on the net and it's hard to find any decent information.

goober
11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/gob87/HONEYMOON048.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/gob87/HONEYMOON034.jpg

I have fished Kauai twice now. Both times were with the same guy and I highly recommend him!!! Captain Jim's is cheap and well worth the trip. He only charges $100 for a 4 hour fish. Guaranteed you will not get more fish with anyone else on the island!!! If you are trophy hunting he is not your man though. He will openly tell you that himself. But if you are looking to catch 40-50 Yellow Fin's in 4 hours he is your guy!!! Both times I was out with him the boat caught between 150 and 200 fish. Not the biggest fish in the world but you were on a rod all day long and forearms were like jello 1 hour in!!!

Sundancefisher
11-12-2010, 01:27 PM
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/gob87/HONEYMOON048.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/gob87/HONEYMOON034.jpg

I have fished Kauai twice now. Both times were with the same guy and I highly recommend him!!! Captain Jim's is cheap and well worth the trip. He only charges $100 for a 4 hour fish. Guaranteed you will not get more fish with anyone else on the island!!! If you are trophy hunting he is not your man though. He will openly tell you that himself. But if you are looking to catch 40-50 Yellow Fin's in 4 hours he is your guy!!! Both times I was out with him the boat caught between 150 and 200 fish. Not the biggest fish in the world but you were on a rod all day long and forearms were like jello 1 hour in!!!

Did you bring the tuna back to Calgary/Alberta with you? How did that work?

goober
11-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Did you bring the tuna back to Calgary/Alberta with you? How did that work?
No we didn't. He let's you take as much as you want and he sells the rest to the local restaurants. I only kept a couple for while we were there.