PDA

View Full Version : Finally gettin' on the ice!!!

huntin'fool
11-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Low -14 High -1 for Thursday!!!!!!! Will be on the ice by the weekend!!!

pikehunter1989
11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
where are you located? out here around edmonton it will still be another good 2 weeks im guessing for the ponds to freeze up. :(

nicemustang
11-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Where are you? I was thinking that potholes in the mountains/foothills should be close over the weekend.

hard_azz
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
ya i was thinkin bout a recon mission out west either this weekend or next... i just cant wait to get on the ice!!!! im all ready to go just need some ice... if u make it out to somewhere with a decent amount of ice next week then please stick it on a thread or pm me lol

Braun
11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
i think i might take a drive on thursday to see how some ponds are doing. although i head calgary is going t0 be back up to + again on the weekend

calgarygringo
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
On the way home I heard them call for a Chinook for the week end. It may be a while yet.....:(:(:(

hard_azz
11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
wishful thinking boys... wishful thinking!!!

pikester
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I can't imagine there will be fishable ice southeast of Calgary for at least 3 more weeks & you would probably need waterwings to be safe!

WayneChristie
11-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Looking at the forecast for my area the next week, the smaller ponds are likely to start icing up and maybe this time they wont melt. Last year Enchant went from an inch to 4 or 5 in a couple of weeks when it got cold.

huntin'fool
11-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Checked the ice today. Walked out about twenty yards and could hear the cracking and heaving...looked to be about an inch and a half. Now they call for 30% chance of showers on sunday....... :sad0147:

seahawkfisher
11-10-2010, 08:57 PM
got the boat all loaded up for tomorrow; should be great:)
cheers

huntin'fool
11-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Good luck Seahawk. Obviously you won't be coming out west though....

wildman
11-11-2010, 08:27 AM
mountains and foothills are a GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

Braun
11-11-2010, 10:13 AM
mountains and foothills are a GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

where did you get your report?any details on thicknesses?

huntin'fool
11-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Guys, checked the ice this morning at 10 oclock. This is what two, solid, clear inches looks like. I know what I'm doinng this weekend!!! :fishing:

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/huntin_fool/IMGP2087.jpg

FYI, this is a full size axe.

go-big-or-go-home
11-11-2010, 11:37 AM
bouts how far west is a guy gunna have to go to find that kinda ice?????????????????

Gust
11-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Seriously folks, make a project that will take up the next 2 or 3 weeks to complete,, do a dry run of how you want to get your new tent up but do it in your yard, make some tip-ups. The first ice even 4 inches thick is troublesome,, there are so many factors in a good ice, the conditions in Southern Alberta have not made for good ice. The picture above shows a lot of white/air trapped, bad ice, anyone can shinny out on to a lake or pond but pulling yourself back up on to ice that easily breaks is really hard work.

huntin'fool
11-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Seriously folks, make a project that will take up the next 2 or 3 weeks to complete,, do a dry run of how you want to get your new tent up but do it in your yard, make some tip-ups. The first ice even 4 inches thick is troublesome,, there are so many factors in a good ice, the conditions in Southern Alberta have not made for good ice. The picture above shows a lot of white/air trapped, bad ice, anyone can shinny out on to a lake or pond but pulling yourself back up on to ice that easily breaks is really hard work.

Just to clear it up for the non-believers. The picture shows white ice.....it's white because I chipped it out with an axe.......
Look at what the axe head is laying on......that's right....it's magically floating on water. HA, that ice is absolutely crystal clear.

In any case, I'm out. Just thought I would give everyone a heads up. If ya research safe ice, 2 inches is what's needed to support a human.

Fishmaster
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
On sunday i was out fishing in stony plain Area in my canoe fly fishing, half of the lake was covered in thin ice, i was paddling my canoe through the ice, id say another 2 weeks for Safe ice around edmonton areas

nicemustang
11-11-2010, 12:55 PM
I'd absolutely be fishing on that ice if I knew where it was LOL. Just no time to find it and can wait another week for me. Then I know of a place to try (that was 1.5" this morning).

Alberta Bigbore
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
lots of ponds iced over in Saskatchewan yesterday!!!!!

calgarygringo
11-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Just looked at the 14 day forecast for down south, and mid week on for the next couple of weeks winter will be arriving. Snow and colder with most nights down to minus 15 or more. That should start getting the ice ready in a week or 2 after for walking out...maybe.

nicemustang
11-11-2010, 04:46 PM
that is great news, just checked. Now to get last weekend in of hunting and then off to fishing. Time to get the gear out of the shed!

hard_azz
11-11-2010, 05:59 PM
u dont gotta say exactly where this was but a general area would be nice to know if ya could lol

hockey1099
11-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I went fishing at Wab today and there is a solid inch of ice from the shore to 300meters out at the launch site in town. i hate that the power plant is shut down. needless to say i didnt get my boat on there. I got it on at fallis thank god for having only a 14' aluminum.

I drove around a little before i went to Fallis and i can say that the stocked trout ponds have about 1-1.5 inches of very clear ice on them. They should be ready to go in 2 weeks.

jacenbeers
11-11-2010, 08:11 PM
How are the lakes at really high elevations looking? Particularly Spray.

nicemustang
11-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Spray usually takes a lot longer to freeze than one would expect. It's due to the wind. There needs to be a very calm super cold night to get a crust and then a couple of cold calm days to seal the deal and then it's all god from there. Usually not for a while yet.

burbotman14
11-11-2010, 09:02 PM
How is carson lake doing. Is the whole lake frozen yet?

alacringa
11-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Spray usually takes a lot longer to freeze than one would expect. It's due to the wind. There needs to be a very calm super cold night to get a crust and then a couple of cold calm days to seal the deal and then it's all god from there. Usually not for a while yet.

One could argue, when we're talking about the weather, that it's all God anyways. i sure can't do anything about it. :D

pikester
11-11-2010, 10:20 PM

Ah, that makes sense. I've always wondered why Spray takes forever to get good ice, never thought about the hurricane winds!

Alberta Bigbore
11-12-2010, 12:49 AM
How is carson lake doing. Is the whole lake frozen yet?

shhhhhh... there is no fish in Carson ;)

nicemustang
11-12-2010, 08:34 AM
I meant....all GOOD from there.

Wind affect ice forming, especially on the big lakes in Southern AB. Has to be a calm night with no wind and freakin cold to get a god crust on, then ice will form at 0.5" per day if it stays below -5 degrees until it hits 6-8", depending if there is sno cover of course.

Paul C
11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
shhhhhh... there is no fish in Carson ;)
?

billycap
11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
drove out to fairfax today and it was open on one end and 3/4 of an inch at best... wouldent take my weight.. be a few days yet.

Chris K
11-12-2010, 11:57 PM
I was walking on a brookie lake on Tuesday. There was about 2 inches around the shore, and an inch and a bit further out. I didn't fish, but you should be able to walk wherever you wanted to now on that lake, and probably a few others too that I can think of.

Chris K

noslack
11-13-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm going ice fishing!!!

I'm heading out to the Swan Hills. No keepers today, but just to get the itch off!

Stay safe everybody.

Geezle
11-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I was walking on a brookie lake on Tuesday. There was about 2 inches around the shore, and an inch and a bit further out. I didn't fish, but you should be able to walk wherever you wanted to now on that lake, and probably a few others too that I can think of.

Chris K

Pretty sure that was the first lake we ice fished on last year in early Dec. Sounds like it might be on track to be the first one we hit again this year! :cool:

Braun
11-13-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm going ice fishing!!!

I'm heading out to the Swan Hills. No keepers today, but just to get the itch off!

Stay safe everybody.

F*&% YOU!!! :mad0177:

that just jealousy. make sure to get some pics and post the first alberta fish through the ice.

be safe

Sundancefisher
11-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Just to clear it up for the non-believers. The picture shows white ice.....it's white because I chipped it out with an axe.......
Look at what the axe head is laying on......that's right....it's magically floating on water. HA, that ice is absolutely crystal clear.

In any case, I'm out. Just thought I would give everyone a heads up. If ya research safe ice, 2 inches is what's needed to support a human.

When younger I too used to foolishly fish with 2 inches cause the books said... Then twice in a row we almost fell in. Very scary. You see while the spot you chipped out was 2 inches...ice closed to shore is thicker. Ice further out is thinner. Ice over rotting vegetation...not strong. Ice over a slight current, spring, trib, general lake movement...thinner. The other problem is weight distribution. Staying in one spot depresses the ice. Over time you create stress fractures...boom...ice cracks...you fall in. walking across or driving across ice still creates waves... The wave intersecting your buddy could cause enough stress fracturing to drop him in the lake. Also...remember...you catch a whomping huge trout...your buddy runs over to help...you both forget...2 inches is for one person...not two... Splash...who grabs who first and gets pushed under water in the panic? The thing about your research is the 2 inches is meant for traveling over...not stopped on. I would caution...especially newbies...wait for 4 inches. A fish is not worth leaving your kids without a daddy. 4 inches is coming fast enough.

diamonddave
11-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Thats some good advice sundance, everybody be real carefull out there this season. Hope not to hear any reports of loved ones lost threw the ice this season.

fish-man
11-13-2010, 10:12 AM
I've gone through the ice... luckily in shallow water, but it was scary as hell. I certainly don't reccomend it.

Anyone know the ice situation on Wabamun and/or Jackfish lakes right now?

noslack
11-13-2010, 03:59 PM
I made it out this morning.

First lake I hit was Edith Lake. Ice was 2 inches thick. Alot of small, stunted perch and 8 or so hand sized brookies.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1181.snc4/150383_453447441506_515011506_5999686_704008_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs457.ash2/73004_453447491506_515011506_5999689_5135058_n.jpg

I left as it started to rain at around 11am this morning. I went to check out another lake while I was in the area.

I checked out the Penn West Reservoir and it had about 1.5 inches of ice, no more.

I fished in 9 feet of water and no hit's or fished marked on the flasher.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs288.snc4/40733_453447536506_515011506_5999691_5692927_n.jpg

jacenbeers
11-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Wow this thread is really making me want to get out on the ice and catch some burbot and lakers.

WillyP
11-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Believe it or not, I can remember years ago driving on Carson Lake November 10th, 8-10 inches of ice, make you wonder where our climate is headed?:thinking-006:

SonnyJ
11-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Believe it or not, I can remember years ago driving on Carson Lake November 10th, 8-10 inches of ice, make you wonder where our climate is headed?:thinking-006:

Was that during the last Ice age? lol j/k:)

FOTW
11-13-2010, 10:44 PM

Its Alberta man, +10 tomorrow - 20 the day after. Next week who knows. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Sundancefisher
11-14-2010, 09:12 AM

Comparing a few years of variation in climate in a 4.5 billion year old planet. Scientists see a 500 year oscillation cycle but some think that CO2 has increased the upper scale. Definitely people arguing both sides...but clearly what irks me is when someone truly thinks the only information they need to prove global warming or cooling is a day, a week, a month, a few years of temperature fluctuations to "Believe".

I can remember a few years ago being the coldest year I have ever felt. I remember a few summers ago it being the warmest in a while. I remember this summer being the coldest ever. I see the current temperatures actually averaging out to "normal" average temperatures across Alberta. You look at the peak temperature in a day and go wow... Look at the actual hourly temperature data and you will see this is not summer with gradual warming during the day followed by gradual cooling. The warm peak is short lived.

As for the data proving global warming. Canada has only a few data recorders in the North...and those are in normally warmer areas. There are many flaws in the way the data is reported, recorded, processed and manipulated. Still...let's go nuts and have all of us give $20,000 per person to crush industry and jobs to make you feel better about what some are guessing to be "the sky is falling"... First line of defense is a great offense. Those that believe strongly in man made global warming is to stop driving, sell your car, put $50,000 into solar power on your roof. Only buy woll products from Alberta or cotton products if you must from the US. Drop your thermostat in your house to 16 and start wearing sweaters. Get ride of all TV's, radios, computers and other electronic stuff...residual electrical use is staggering in North America. Reuse, reduce and recycle everything. Sell your house and move into a more energy efficient apartment.

Still...nice to still be fishing open water.

noslack
11-14-2010, 01:01 PM
....so how about ice fishing.....

Anybody else got out on the ice this weekend???

It was much softer today, no trout, 1 stunted perch.

burbotman14
11-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I agree. The years definatly fluctuate from warm and cold but I do not think it is because of global warming. I remember two winters ago the ice on gull lake was 38 inches, which was the thickest i have seen in 8 years. Then last year the ice was 28 inches. Some years winter starts late and some years winter starts early and this year it is starting a little late but the cold weather is on its way. Can't wait to get on the ice. Good luck to everyone this hard-water season.

RedHeadedFisherman
11-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Has anyone checked on how PCR is comming, is the dock out??

I'd sure like to go with a seasoned ice fisher this year, :)) would be the first hard-water for me in 15 years.. ( would be great if had a shack or tent as i do not do cold well, )
thanks all
RHF

Freedom55
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
I drove past Carolside Sunday and saw two men fishing from the dam on Berry Creek. No ice.

Graffy91
11-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Supposed to drop this week boys, 10cm of snow aswell, best time of the year is coming.

Outdoor rink and ice fishing. :)

superspud
11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
no ice at all on pcr. i was down there on saturday.

FishBrain
11-15-2010, 02:39 PM
I was on the ice on Sunday, 2.5 " give or take, real sketchy, lots of air, by noon or so it was not safe at all!!!!
Landed a fish, the others landed more than me, but I landed one and thats enough!!
You could tell where the heavy guy was as his hole had all the water around it, LMAO sorry Carl!!

CMMahy
11-15-2010, 03:10 PM
LOL, I'm not heavy, I'm big boned! :tongue2:

It was creepy, feeling the ice slowly sink underneath my bucket. This coming cold snap should freeze things up nicely, as long as the snow doesn't pile too deep and insulate everything.

Hunter Trav
11-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah it would be nice if the ice could build for a few days before any snow fell onto it. Its too bad it wouldn't have been cold enough for it to be snowing insted of raining, that ice may have lasted for the afternoon. Reguardless though, until we have at least 4" of good ice, you just keep your distance Carl...LOL :D

nicemustang
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
LOL, yeah i know the feeling I walked out on something that was really close to busting. And I'm only 170 lbs. It wasn't quite 2". Didn't fish, just testing.

Guitarplayingfish
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Southern Alberta is getting hit by 2 different weather systems over the next week. HELL YEAH!! Let it snow and snow, and than snow some more. I'm definitely ready to get on the ice.

The wait is killing me :angry3:

pophouseman
11-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Here around the edmonton area winter has officially arrived. Overnight Lows of -20's and daytime highs of minus ten. The ice has arrived on local area ponds, and they will freeze clear and blue and solid quickly. I cannot wait to get out......however I will......I have decided my first trip out will be December 18th.....the ice will be plenty thick by then and I will have nothing to worry about.....just have to try and find something to keep me busy for 4 weeks ... :( seriously guys...wait until its safe

Sundancefisher
11-18-2010, 09:43 AM
As of today...Glemore reservoir is starting to get ice around the edges. Lake Sundance in Calgary is still open with waves lapping the shore. Hopefully the snow stops before it freezes so the ice is good for skating. Also less snow on the ice means the ice gets thicker...faster.

Paul C
11-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Sundancefisher,
What are your thoughts on global dimming ?

Hunter Trav
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
seriously guys...wait until its safe

I'll give it till sunday, then I'm getting out again. Will definately be safe where I'm going...

FishBrain
11-18-2010, 11:08 AM
I'll give it till sunday, then I'm getting out again. Will definately be safe where I'm going...

If I dont head south for Elk, I may join you!!

jacenbeers
11-18-2010, 03:50 PM
I really wanna bust out my new auger this weekend. I hope somewhere near Calgary has good ice.

WayneChristie
11-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Has anyone checked out Enchant this week? I will be there Saturday if I dont have to work, and Sunday if I do. Lots of wind and lots of snow down this way, had chest high drifts at work between buildings, I hope its blowing right off the ponds.

mooseknuckle
11-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Well can't help it I'm going goat least check a certain trout pond in the Edmonton area tomorrow. May be a waste of gas but I have to see for myself the itch is just too much! I must fish!! Argh!

mooseknuckle
11-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Oh yeah and that makes 1,002 posts. Christ I feel like I'm at an AA meeting!

slingshotz
11-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I really wanna bust out my new auger this weekend. I hope somewhere near Calgary has good ice.

I'd bet most of the lakes have pretty thin ice due to the snow so it won't be a great test yet for augers. I'm planning on either testing out the shoreline along Mac or checking out how the ice is at the little lakes/ponds west of here.

jacenbeers
11-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I think I am going to head to Mac as well. I will bring my auger in case the ice is thick enough to warrant it. It would be fun to catch some burbs or whities through the ice.

Sundancefisher
11-19-2010, 09:43 AM
As of today...Glemore reservoir is starting to get ice around the edges. Lake Sundance in Calgary is still open with waves lapping the shore. Hopefully the snow stops before it freezes so the ice is good for skating. Also less snow on the ice means the ice gets thicker...faster.

Lake Sundance in Calgary completely froze over last night...

Next stop the movies... Top 10 pre perch fishing horror movies to watch...

"Freedy Kruger meets the Perch"
"Nightmare on Perch Street"
"Jason XX - Co Ed Perch Party"
Bruce Willis in "I see Dead Perch"
Braum Stokers "Count Perchula"
"Perchergeist"
"The Perchorcist"
"Blair Perch Project"
"Texas Perchfishing Massacre"
"Perchoween"

:sHa_shakeshout:

Braun
11-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Lake Sundance in Calgary completely froze over last night...

Next stop the movies... Top 10 pre perch fishing horror movies to watch...

"Freedy Kruger meets the Perch"
"Nightmare on Perch Street"
"Jason XX - Co Ed Perch Party"
Bruce Willis in "I see Dead Perch"
Braum Stokers "Count Perchula"
"Perchergeist"
"The Perchorcist"
"Blair Perch Project"
"Texas Perchfishing Massacre"
"Perchoween"

:sHa_shakeshout:

sundance...... wow........

lol. although it is good to hear that its froze over. keep us updated on the thickness

slingshotz
11-19-2010, 01:50 PM
I think I am going to head to Mac as well. I will bring my auger in case the ice is thick enough to warrant it. It would be fun to catch some burbs or whities through the ice.

I'm going to be targeting whites close to shore. I missed out last year by going out too late so I want to try now even if it might be a bit early. Looks like either day will be cold but thinking maybe Saturday as there's less chance of snow. Which day are you planning on?

If it looks like it might be a blizzard I might head to a trout pond a little closer.

jacenbeers
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
I am going to head there on Sunday I think. I havent purchased appropriate clothing yet so that will be my plan for tomorrow.

Sundancefisher
11-19-2010, 02:24 PM
sundance...... wow........
lol. although it is good to hear that its froze over. keep us updated on the thickness

You betcha. I am itching to get you all out for a mess of fine tasting perch! I am also curious to see if we had a large growth spurt this summer. I am thinking there are a large number of 8-9 inchers with a few 10 inchers mixed in...and also some 5-7 inchers....but hopefully more on the bigger side! Definitely saw more bigger ones this Summer.

Braun
11-19-2010, 03:04 PM
You betcha. I am itching to get you all out for a mess of fine tasting perch! I am also curious to see if we had a large growth spurt this summer. I am thinking there are a large number of 8-9 inchers with a few 10 inchers mixed in...and also some 5-7 inchers....but hopefully more on the bigger side! Definitely saw more bigger ones this Summer.

don't forget slightly fewer numbers being caught too

AK47
11-19-2010, 05:10 PM

yeah, remember we have that derby "hand vs rod" planned :fighting0074:... let us know when we can start practising:)

Sundancefisher
11-19-2010, 08:05 PM
don't forget slightly fewer numbers being caught too

catch rates will be interesting

npauls
11-19-2010, 08:21 PM
I will try to make it up there a couple times this winter to slam some perch if you are having some big get togethers on sundance.

Nate

FOTW
11-19-2010, 11:33 PM
For these get togethers, What is all required? Just a rod, tackle and warm clothing?

RedHeadedFisherman
11-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Heys all you freezeaholices.. :)) has anyone checked out PCR yet?

uglystickman
11-20-2010, 06:54 AM
The glenmore resevour is frozen over and covered in snow. Too bad we can't go pop a hole there.

Sundancefisher
11-20-2010, 09:25 AM
For these get togethers, What is all required? Just a rod, tackle and warm clothing?

lake sundance perch fishing

http://www.lakesundance.org/PDFs/HowtoSuccessfullyCatchYellowPerchArticleUpdate.pdf

Read this article...if you have any questions ask.

Best bait in order...

Perch eyeballs
mealworms
Maggots

I like a jig fly dropper combo.

Cheers

Sun

slingshotz
11-20-2010, 07:29 PM
I am going to head there on Sunday I think. I havent purchased appropriate clothing yet so that will be my plan for tomorrow.

I just got back from MacGregor and I would not go out there with an auger. The ice is about 1-3" thick along the shore and both me and another guy out there went through the ice. Luckily it was only 2 feet deep but it's COLD! I was even crawling on the ice to distribute my weight.

I used a small axe to hack a few holes as far out as I could risk it and I managed a strong whitie with a few lost but I should have brought my spey rod to get out further lol. If I was standing with a 40lb auger drilling holes, I'm almost positive the ice wouldn't hold around my feet.

Bring some extra dry clothes if you do go out.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv137/limes8888/MacGregor/Whities.jpg

WayneChristie
11-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Glad you are ok Will, couple nice whites there. I hear the ice is thinner along the shore due to heating from the rock dam, but I dont know if thats the case yet, there hasnt been much melting this week. Im going to slay little perch and the odd trout tomorrow if the ice is thick enough at Enchant, Im pretty sure it will be good to go by now. I could see the sea smoke off Rolling Hills Reservoir from work yesterday so I imagine the big lakes still have some open water, they were wide open last weekend.

AK47
11-20-2010, 08:12 PM
I just got back from MacGregor and I would not go out there with an auger. The ice is about 1-3" thick along the shore and both me and another guy out there went through the ice.

How much snow is on ice? Did you go more on the east or west side of the dam? Last year when we first time went there there was no way you could step on ice in the west side but east side was about 1 inch thicker for some reason and we were able to step on it.

slingshotz
11-20-2010, 09:52 PM
How much snow is on ice? Did you go more on the east or west side of the dam? Last year when we first time went there there was no way you could step on ice in the west side but east side was about 1 inch thicker for some reason and we were able to step on it.

There's not that much snow on the ice as the wind was blowing. We were around the middle of the dam. The other two guys were more to the west. There was definitely thinner ice about 10 feet out, you could see it in the ice. The ice is very variable right now, some spots it was only an inch and some 3 inches.

Sundancefisher
11-22-2010, 11:18 AM
lake sundance perch fishing

http://www.lakesundance.org/PDFs/HowtoSuccessfullyCatchYellowPerchArticleUpdate.pdf

Read this article...if you have any questions ask.

Best bait in order...

Perch eyeballs
mealworms
Maggots

I like a jig fly dropper combo.

Cheers

Sun

Ice along shore as of yesterday was about 3-4 inches. Ice is generally thinner as you go out towards the middle. All this snow will insulate and slow freezing. We should be out by Christmas for sure even if it gets warmer.

Should be warming up by the weekend to seasonal averages. Still minus 10 at night.

baitfisher83
11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Ice along shore as of yesterday was about 3-4 inches. Ice is generally thinner as you go out towards the middle. All this snow will insulate and slow freezing. We should be out by Christmas for sure even if it gets warmer.

Should be warming up by the weekend to seasonal averages. Still minus 10 at night.

I finally have someone who will probably come out there with me, yer gonna have to let everyone know when it's perch slammin time!!lol