PDA

View Full Version : online ordering?

npauls
11-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Has anyone ever ordered ice fishing rods online? I know which rods I want but won't have the chance to head to calgary to get them any time soon. I am just wondering if they will make it through the mail to me or if I should just get someone to pick them up for me if I hear of anyone heading north.

Nate

bisonhunter
11-12-2010, 05:40 AM
living in yellowknife i order many things online, i have always received my order in fine condition. stuff from the states can take a while, but anything in canada should be fairly quick. i personally wouldn't hesitate.

Kim473
11-12-2010, 06:02 AM
If getting shipped by UPS, no problem. If it gets shipped Canada post well need I say more. LOL. It all depends on the company that you get it from and how they pakage the Item. There also ship by bus, Geyhound, pick it up at the nearest bus depot. Every large town has one.

nicemustang
11-12-2010, 08:39 AM
What do you need nate? I could always pick you up some stuff, ship it to you, then you could email money transfer to me. Let me know.

Garry B
11-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I have done it and been pleased with the result. As long as you are ordering from reputable online business with a good shipping method you should be just fine. They will likely be well packed since these people send things through the mail all the time.

npauls
11-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Stang,

I am just wanting to get a 24" UL bro series ice rod combo and the 27" quick tip bro series combo. I already have the 32" quick tip bro series and love it. I eventually will be getting one of each of that series if I can but for now I have enough birthday money to get 2 of them and I think I will use them 2 the most. I am not sure if they are in stock at bass pro right now but they are available online so I was just thinking of ordering them in.

nate

gramps73
11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Nate
Call kelly at the TFH he will ship just make sure that he is not sending it brown. If you can wait I will be heading down south (Lethbridge)in the next week or so.
g73

Mark H
11-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Nate, I'm going to the Michener auction tomorrow, very close to Bass Pro I can pick them up for you.

Mark.

Mudslide
11-12-2010, 09:20 PM
With regards to ordering from Bass Pro. Simply jot down the item number (EG 38-532- ###) off the web site, and phone in to check stock availability. They can easily tell you what they have in store using that number. They can also order in items that they don't normally carry, usually within a couple of weeks. If the associate puts you off or doesn't seem to know they can order stuff then ask to speak to a lead. I've got my eye on some St Croix ice rods that look pretty sweet.

npauls
11-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey mark if you are stopping in at bass pro I wouldn't mind if you could pick up those 2 rod combos for me if they have them. If you aren't then it isn't a huge deal. I may be heading up there in a few weeks from what the wife was saying today. I just want to get them bought before this birthday cash burns a hole in my pocket.

If they don't have them in stock at the calgary if you happen to drop in there then I will just order them online. Everything else I have ordered online from them has been fine and shipped within the week. I have just been told not to ordered any types of rods online due to breakage in shipping.

nate

Mark H
11-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Nate, I picked up the 24 ul but, the only 27 quick tip they had left was starting to fray at the tip so I didn't grab it. The guy working said they should have more in this week though.
If you're going to get out in the boat this week let me know, I have a jigging rod you might want to try.

Mark.

npauls
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks mark,

I will try to get out on the boat next sunday but can't promise anything. I guess I will just get my wife to pick me up the 27" quick tip on the 4th when she heads up that way. Let me know where and when I can pick that up and give you the money. Also let me know how much I owe you for that damn jack plate.

Did you already put your boat away or are you still heading out a few more times? Get a hold of me if you want to head out in my boat or if you want a partner in your boat.

Nate

wildman
11-14-2010, 07:22 PM
ive used cabaelas and bass outfitters by mail and had zero problems!!
i preferred cabelas.
they did follow up emails to confirm satsfaction and everything!!!!
good luck homie!

Mark H
11-14-2010, 07:31 PM
The little boat never gets but away, just parked until weather and work permit me to use it. The weather has been cooperating lately but work sure hasn't been. Don't worry about the jackplate, use it til you repower and if you still want it after that you can buy it then.

Mark

npauls
11-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks again mark,

If you end up getting some time off on a weekend and want to head out fishing I am pretty much always up for it. I work until 1pm every second saturday but other then that don't really have much on the go.

Nate