PDA

View Full Version : Dodge trucks for girlie-men

geezer55
10-23-2007, 03:43 PM
This is what they are teaching the kids in Bio 30 this year.

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2005/dodge-logo-p1.php

Bull Shooter
10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Some gynecologist obviously had too much time on their hands! Regards, Mike

sheephunter
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Seems logical to me! :innocent:

RADAKALS
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Real men drive Chevy's. :wave: I wonder what they will come up with for that doo-fuss looking Toyota symbol.

coolpoolken
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I just put a new Chevy Silverado in my driveway a week ago. Guess that link will have to go to my son-in laws.(Dodge drivers)....Ken

TheClash
10-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Real men drive Chevy's. :wave: I wonder what they will come up with for that doo-fuss looking Toyota symbol.

ya but you drive them for 1/3 the time us dufus's do in our long living toyota's.....how is your gas mileage by the way...hahaha

Boss442
10-23-2007, 04:48 PM
My 2007 Ram Quad 4x4 with 5.7 MDS ( If I drive like a white man) is getting 24mpg at 100kmh. The Hemi has incredible power. My 2004 Avalanche that I traded in with the 5.3 could'nt pull a sick wh*re off a pi$$ pot.

RADAKALS
10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Clash: I'd be the last to knock the Toyo's. One of the best vehicles we have had was an tercel wagon in 4 wheel drive. 40 miles to the gallon and would go anywhere. Except the time I dropped it through two feet of snow in the cat-tails down at the slough. ( My wife's car ). I do think the toyo symbol is a little odd. As for my duramax I get 24 on the highway and lots of power so I can't complain.

TheClash
10-23-2007, 04:55 PM
radakals..i am just givin' ya the gears haha i am actually pricing out trucks right now...hard to look at the tacos at the price they are..i think they are an amazing truck..but when i can get a ram 1500 for less than the tacoma...makes ya think twice.

RADAKALS
10-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Clash: You've always got to remember the resale value. It hard to beat it on a toyo or chev. My youngest son would like a new toyo full size when he is ready to buy, and I think they are the best looking truck on the market. I'm not overly impressed with the box design on the new chev's.. I've only got 9 months left to pay on mine at 1260 a month. Good thing their so cheap! Got to run - We've got a DU supper in one hour......

Reeves1
10-23-2007, 05:23 PM
radakals..i am just givin' ya the gears haha i am actually pricing out trucks right now...hard to look at the tacos at the price they are..i think they are an amazing truck..but when i can get a ram 1500 for less than the tacoma...makes ya think twice.

Clash, here is one for you: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=6634

TheClash
10-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Clash: You've always got to remember the resale value. It hard to beat it on a toyo or chev. My youngest son would like a new toyo full size when he is ready to buy, and I think they are the best looking truck on the market. I'm not overly impressed with the box design on the new chev's.. I've only got 9 months left to pay on mine at 1260 a month. Good thing their so cheap! Got to run - We've got a DU supper in one hour......

ya resale is a consideration..but i also plan to buy a good truck and drive it till it drops.....

TheClash
10-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Clash, here is one for you: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=6634

not a ford fan at all.....plus i need at least a quad cab

mud slug
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
you chevy fans are right 8 out of 10 chevys are still on the road today a couple of ya had to get lucky and make it home :D :lol:

TheClash
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
you chevy fans are right 8 out of 10 chevys are still on the road today a couple of ya had to get lucky and make it home :D :lol:

on the road...cause they are too low to make it anywhere off the road.....haha

LB 270
10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I compared the GMC with the Tacoma when I was buying. The Canyon left me on the side of the road ON THE TEST DRIVE! Oh but it was $3000.00 cheaper. Give me the Toyo any day. Plus I can sell it for a good dollar when I'm done.
LB

TheClash
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
the canyon, imho, is an sunday grandpa truck ( no offense meant to any grandpas here...) i was not impressed with the squishy, slow drive of the canyn at all.

on a side note..i sent that image to my brother...who owns a ram 3500...his response was " no wonder i feel soooo good when i am in my dodge..." haha

fishead
10-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Had a small 89 Toyo for 14 years sold for $2500 all I had to do was change tires,timing belt and oil. Also had 1998 Dodge Durango for 10 years changed the brakes and rotors twice, transmission serviced several times and still leaked, body and bumpers started to rust sold for $6500. Needless to say I replaced with 07 Tundra even though many mates at work still think it is not the real thing. Personally I think at little extra up front goes a long way

.30cal
10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I priced the Chev vs. Toyota this spring, and it seemed the import came standard with alot of the stuff I would have added to the Chev, so they were pretty close in the end. Still wasn't ready to drop 40 plus for something I plan to abuse.

stubblejumper
10-26-2007, 04:19 PM
The Hemi has incredible power.

The Tundra produces more horsepower and torque than the Hemi.If the Hemi impresses you with it's power,the 5.7 Tundra will amaze you.

I priced the Chev vs. Toyota this spring, and it seemed the import came standard with alot of the stuff I would have added to the Chev,

The Tundra is made in the U.S.,so it isn't imported from very far away.:D

Cordur
10-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Pffftttt! I thought this was Alberta we are living in. Every time I watch a hockey game I get bombarded with commercials featuring a gay cowboy talking gibberish about who knows what trying to sell me on a Toyota. Only good thing about a Toyota is if it's an '85 4X4 extended cab. Last year of a solid front axle and has a little extra room in the back to throw your beer. Light engine too so the front end doesn't sink into the mud as much.

My baby is an '81 GMC shortbox (fleetside) that I bought a couple of years ago for $3500 which I thought was a steal as it only has 136,000km on it. Lots of power from the 4 barrel 350. Built with near indestructable a-arms and a differential that has more clearance than a 2007 with a 3 inch lift. (what is with these differentials that are three times the size of the old ones?) Sure it isn't a four door or even an extended cab but what ever! I can park my truck anywheres you can park a mid-size car and since it's only a two seater I don't have 5 friends asking me for a ride everywhere I go.

I've been looking through my LMC catalog and I think I could order a brand new 77-86 GMC or Chevy minus the frame and cab for half the price of a brand new truck off of the lot and I'd have a better truck in the end. I'm just taking my time restoring and customizing mine as I feel like it.

One more thing about the Toyota SR5's Is anyone else tall like me and can't see a thing sitting 6' or more off the ground in front of you? Friend bought a brand new one and took me for a spin in it. Couldn't see any street lights with out ducking down like I was under heavy fire from afghan insurgents! Had the same problem with the Malibu's and Impala's.

Boss442
10-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Not sure if Toyota still does this but my Mother bought a corrola several years ago and I remember my Father getting pi$$ed off because every time he took it in for its scheduled oil changes he got dinged for $300-$500 bucks for toyota's "pre maintance warranty" and if he did'nt have them done his warranty would be void. Finnaly, I'm not sure at what mileage but they wanted to change the timeing belt at the tune of $1100 so he traded it off. Consiquentely we've never owned any foreign made vehicles since.

stubblejumper
10-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Not sure if Toyota still does this but my Mother bought a corrola several years ago and I remember my Father getting pi$$ed off because every time he took it in for its scheduled oil changes he got dinged for $300-$500 bucks for toyota's "pre maintance warranty" and if he did'nt have them done his warranty would be void. Finnaly, I'm not sure at what mileage but they wanted to change the timeing belt at the tune of $1100 so he traded it off. Consiquentely we've never owned any foreign made vehicles since.

My dealer charges me under $40 including taxes for an oil change on my Corolla,with no other checks required to date.The cost of changing a timing belt on a 4.7 tundra at around 100,000 km does cost around $1100,which is another reason to buy the 5.7 which has a timing chain that does not require replacement.Lastly,Corollas are made in Canada and the Tundra is made in the U.S.A.

s_buffalo
10-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Hear, hear, Cordur! Modern manufacturing seems to have forgotten that we need trucks made for something a little more arduous than street use...

Me: "Me-tal."
Auto engineer: "Mm-hmm. So you want plastic, then?"
Me: "No... More METAL."
Auto engineer: "Oh, so you want the bumpers made of plastic too? I can make it so it has a plastic grille too, and mount it farther up towards the front, so when you bump into anything thicker than a toothpick, it'll bust into a million pieces..."
Me: "Waaah! I want my old truck back! Waaah!"
Auto engineer: "Hey, how do you like the way I shoved the engine waaaaaaay back into the firewall? Don't worry, if you need to change those plugs, you can always drop the engine... Everyone does that, don't they?"
Me: (running away, crying bitterly) "Aiiiieeeeee!"

Etc...

Cheers,
Stinky

Cordur
10-27-2007, 09:34 PM
So true SB! Here's the real kicker though. I went to Burnco with a friend to pick up some rocks and some gravel. He was driving his new ZR-2 which is newtruckanese for factory lifted S-10. They dumped a bit of gravel into his box and it bottomed out. Shoveled out half of what they put in and it was still sagging pretty bad. Loaded my truck up with rock and the back end sunk about 1" maybe 2" at the most. So turns out he has 150kg of gravel which is almost more than the truck can handle and mine is hauling 980kg with ease. Wondering what the kicker is? His truck weighs 400lbs more than my ancient solid steel piece of machinery! I guess all that plastic crap adds up pretty quick. Still smaller truck, less power, less hauling ability and ugly to boot for 400lbs more in weight. What are they doing with these new trucks? Lining the plastic with lead?

You guys go ahead and buy a new truck. When you hit a deer and your truck explodes into pieces of plastic shrapnel courtesy of the cold morning air you'll be asking me for a ride to the closest town in my steel deer smasher. :evilgrin:

stubblejumper
10-27-2007, 09:46 PM
You guys go ahead and buy a new truck. When you hit a deer and your truck explodes into pieces of plastic shrapnel courtesy of the cold morning air you'll be asking me for a ride to the closest town in my steel deer smasher.

At least they will likely be physically able to ask you for a ride.The new trucks certainly do suffer more damage than older trucks when involved in collisions.However,some of that is by design,so when one of the new trucks is involved in a serious accident,the truck will absorb a great deal more of the impact,giving the occupants a much better chance of not being injured or killed than they would have in an older truck.Then again the newer trucks handle and stop so much better that the odds are better that they will be able to avoid an accident in the first place.

Cordur
10-27-2007, 11:10 PM
You're right about the handling I suppose. The only thing that I don't like is the ABS brakes. When you try to stop on ice with ABS you haven't got a prayer. As far as hitting something like a deer I've seen guys fare better in the older trucks than the new ones, but if you are in a head on accident with a same size vehicle the newer trucks do save lives with both the air bags and design. Although I can rest peacefully in my grave knowing that if some drunk runs head on into me I'll probably take him with me as my truck will cut through his like it was butter heheh

stubblejumper
10-27-2007, 11:20 PM
The only thing that I don't like is the ABS brakes. When you try to stop on ice with ABS you haven't got a prayer.

Have you even driven a new vehicle with four wheel disc brakes and ABS on ice.The new ABS systems work quite well on ice,much better than the older systems with rear drums.

First you post this.

but if you are in a head on accident with a same size vehicle the newer trucks do save lives with both the air bags and design.

Then this.

Although I can rest peacefully in my grave knowing that if some drunk runs head on into me I'll probably take him with me as my truck will cut through his like it was butter

You just contradicted yourself.Are you sure that you aren't drinking a little too much as you post.:D

BrownBear416
10-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I work in some of the roughest country around and are trucks are dragged with cats into leases lots of days.

Two operators have new fords and they have both been in the shop already.less then 10,000 km on both.

One guy has a dodge Dakota jacked up with big tires and it has done really well.

2 operators have new dodges,:huh: :huh: they don't run most days and have had 4x4 problems.

I like toyote's but they seem to fancy to take offroad.

I drive a GMC2500 HD, 80,000 and she only goes in for oil Changes:lol:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/BrownBear416/DSC02476.jpg

The only thing i dont like is there crappy front plastic covers,but this will be fixed with a road armour winch bumper soon.:lol:

Cordur
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
You just contradicted yourself.Are you sure that you aren't drinking a little too much as you post.:D

Maybe.......... :scared:
Basically meant that newer trucks are safer, but you still won't do to well if you run into a full on steel and iron older truck. I've been to more than a few auctions for write offs and I've seen what most vehicles look like from light impacts to being turned into pancakes by a mac truck. Smart cars are very safe too if you aren't hit by something 6X your size.

Dodge Dakotas are pretty damn tough trucks. Of all the newer ones they are the only one I'd consider. I've seen more than a few of the '98s take more punishment than anyone should ever dish out to a truck and still just keep going. Ball joints needed replacement on one of them at about 120,000km though. Not too shabby!

stubblejumper
10-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Basically meant that newer trucks are safer,

Newer trucks are safer,handle better,stop quicker,make more power,get better fuel mileage,and have more interior room.But they do use more plastic,so if you prefer less plastic,stick with the older trucks and be happy with inferior handling handling, less braking,less power, less fuel mileage,less interior room and less safety features.

Reeves1
10-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Newer trucks are safer,handle better,stop quicker,make more power,get better fuel mileage,and have more interior room.

I beg to differ ! My 07 F-350 has less power than the old 95 F-250 (both diesels). The 07 has less room, is very uncomfortable and handles like a "lumber wagon". The 95 got better milage as well.

stubblejumper
10-29-2007, 08:33 PM
I beg to differ ! My 07 F-350 has less power than the old 95 F-250 (both diesels). The 07 has less room, is very uncomfortable and handles like a "lumber wagon". The 95 got better milage as well.

Perhaps Ford is the exception.Then again that could be the reason that they are in financial difficulties due to decreasing sales.

s_buffalo
10-30-2007, 12:26 AM
However,some of that is by design,so when one of the new trucks is involved in a serious accident,the truck will absorb a great deal more of the impact,giving the occupants a much better chance of not being injured or killed than they would have in an older truck.

A lot of people who say that never were in a serious accident with an older vehicle (I'm not saying you are one of those, but I seem to hear this quoted a lot, and mostly by poeple who've never owned a Detroit Dinosaur, let alone crashed one).

I'm not saying that bigger is necessarily better, but the build quality has suffered. For instance, I was rear-ended while I was parked on the shoulder of a highway in my '80 VW rabbit. It fared extremely well in the accident. The worst that happened to me was a cut on the head from hitting the seat-belt anchor. There was some decent sheet metal in that car, I can assure you, and the robust seat (which is lacking in many modern cars!) kept me from being ejected out of the rear window, while still cushioning my body.

Then again the newer trucks handle and stop so much better that the odds are better that they will be able to avoid an accident in the first place.

Mostly true. The problem with the improved performance is that people tend to drive much more agressively with an increased (false?) sense of security. With the bigger/older cars/trucks, people drove much more conservatively, likely because they were more aware of the vehicle's limitations.

Plus, back in the 70's/80's, we studded our tires in the winter. ;)

And don't get me started on fuel economy... Why we don't have a 50 MPG truck by now is beyond me.

Heh, that's my 2¢.

Whoops, wasn't this about Dodge Trucks or something like that? :wave:

Stinky B.