PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Fishing Advice / Forum Site???

5Weight
11-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi All,

Does anyone know of an Ontario forum site like our AOF? I'm looking into a job opportunity in Barrie and am looking for a great fishing community like we have here (local knowledge, meet other fisher people, etc.).

That being said, does anyone have any basic fishing thoughts on the Barrie area?

Thanks in advance.

5W

horsetrader
11-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi All,

Does anyone know of an Ontario forum site like our AOF? I'm looking into a job opportunity in Barrie and am looking for a great fishing community like we have here (local knowledge, meet other fisher people, etc.).

That being said, does anyone have any basic fishing thoughts on the Barrie area?

Thanks in advance.

5W

You can try ONTARIOOUTOFDOORSCOMMUNITY

horsetrader
11-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Barrie is an amazing fishing area pike muskie walleye lake trout large and small mouth bass. If you've never fished for bass before it will become your new favorite fish.

H

noslack
11-13-2010, 03:52 PM
I've only been in Alberta for a year, and I'm already heading back to Ontario.

I have family out in Barrie. It's ok as an area. Close to the Muskoka's, the Kawartha's and Wassaga Beach (bring sun glasses).

Lost of great fishing oppertunities out over there.

Check out Fish-Hawk.net

Just don't post anything, they'll rip your head off. Seriously! lol

You'll find alot of information using the search feature on that site.

Good luck.

wwbirds
11-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Haven't lived in Ontario for 25 years but it would seem the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters is still very active and has affiliated clubs in many locations across the province. Might be something on line.
Rob

canned Tuna
11-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Well you could try,
www.lakesimcoemessage.board (all season info for fishing lake simcoe)
www.floatfishing.net (drift fishing info for salmon and migratory trout)
ontario out of doors forum
Take a search there should be enough sites out there to help you out.

You'll love the ice fishing on simcoe if your a hardwater fisherman fishing for perch, lake whities, and lakers.

When your there give river fishing a try on some great lakes tribs. Fish for steelhead around the river mouths since there open year round. Try drift fishing with a centre pin.

Hope this helps a little.