PDA

View Full Version : And it begins

Guitarplayingfish
11-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Finally found some ice today. 3 inches at best, stayed close to shore. I fell in a hole up to my knee, and froze for about an hour. between 3 of us we pulled in 1 whitefish each, one of them being pretty big. Catching them in 4 FOW, and could see every strike, it was awesome. Conservation came, and my buddy forgot his license... He got a ticket, and that ended the day :mad0030:

Anyways, the fish is on. FINALLY!!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Photoplex
11-24-2010, 03:48 PM
and my buddy forgot his license... He got a ticket, and that ended the day

Why didn't he just show his WIN card, or even his drivers license? They can check for the license using that.

Unless by "forgot" you mean "forgot to buy one"...?

courjaco
11-24-2010, 03:58 PM
what lake was that at?

Walleyes
11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Why didn't he just show his WIN card, or even his drivers license? They can check for the license using that.

Unless by "forgot" you mean "forgot to buy one"...?

I am not sure what his buddy git nailed for but I do know that its a $50.00 fine for not having your license on you.. last summer I was down at the river and my truck was about 200yrds from me. I had left my wallet in it with my licence. The C.O. came by and checked me out,, all was cool except my licence was in my truck She followed me up to the truck to check it,, and it was there. But she did tell me to make sure I have it on me when fishing because it is a $50.00 fine.. She let me go on the charge but it was a good reminder...

Redfrog
11-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I am not sure what his buddy git nailed for but I do know that its a $50.00 fine for not having your license on you.. last summer I was down at the river and my truck was about 200yrds from me. I had left my wallet in it with my licence. The C.O. came by and checked me out,, all was cool except my licence was in my truck She followed me up to the truck to check it,, and it was there. But she did tell me to make sure I have it on me when fishing because it is a $50.00 fine.. She let me go on the charge but it was a good reminder...

I can't believe she didn't write you up??/:argue2: How is anyone supposed to feel protected when you have your license so far away in your truck. I mean what if????? What if??/ well you get what i mean . it could happen.:thinking-006:

Guitarplayingfish
11-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it really depends on the officer. I have gotten warnings for having my license in my vehicle and not on my person, but in this case my friend didn't bring anything he just totally forgot it all. :snapoutofit: Oh well, I guess lesson learned for him. Anyway, I will be heading back out in a couple days, and staying longer than an hour :( I can't wait for some real ice though so i can get into some pike/walleye water.

npauls
11-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey guitar could you pm me where you were at? I am hoping to get out to a few places this weekend around lethbridge and am wondering if the lake you were at is one of the places I was going to stop at. I am not looking for any kind of secrets just wondering which lake.

Nate