PDA

View Full Version : East Pit

JessePat
11-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I was thinking about heading out to east pit on Saturday. Anyone been out there lately that has an ice report? As well I noticed most of the bigger fish seem to come from the far side of the lake where not as many people fish. Is this my imagination or is it worth a good hike to get on the far end?

Slannesh
11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I was hunting there last sunday and ran into a couple of guys coming off the lake. Ice was between 2 and 7 inches from what they said with a few soft spots. I would imagine that with the cold this week it's built up a bit more but I'd still be very cautious.

pophouseman
11-25-2010, 01:00 PM
In years past the far far end of the lake where it curves around was the best spot for the nice trout...however this year i made the long trek a couple of times and got skunked........i caught a few on my walk back though.......I would say that from my experience this year.....especially in the cold and through the snow, i personally would not bother walking all the way down there. It seems the whole lake has died off quite a bit

bobby2unes
11-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I've read that rainbows move around quite a bit during the day. They don't tend to sit in one spot all day.