PDA

View Full Version : new brunswick fishing

brohymn2
11-25-2010, 04:53 PM
hey guys,

in heading to the fredericton/oromocto area in the spring and since im not on the bottle anymore i figured fishing would be a better way to spendmy free time.

any info on fishing in the area would be a huge help, im fly fish and spin cast

plus if anyone knows of any fishing spots that can be reached by bicycle that would be a huge help as i will either be walking or on a bike

ill be staying in cfb gagetown

thanks for the help

flygirrl
11-25-2010, 07:43 PM
hey guys,

in heading to the fredericton/oromocto area in the spring and since im not on the bottle anymore i figured fishing would be a better way to spendmy free time.

any info on fishing in the area would be a huge help, im fly fish and spin cast

plus if anyone knows of any fishing spots that can be reached by bicycle that would be a huge help as i will either be walking or on a bike

ill be staying in cfb gagetown

thanks for the help

You might want to try the new brunswick hunting and fishing forum. It has a great amount of info on it and Im sure there are some guys there that will help you out. Im more familiar with the southern part of the province but there is some good spring salmon fishing on the Mirimichi in the spring. Biggist problem is trying to get on some public pools, most are owned by the outfitters that bring sports in from the states. Mactiquac Dam is also a great place to fish for Bass. You really need a boat for this though as it is huge.
Saint John River is also good to fish but Im not sure of access points around there. Anyway good luck and if you cant get ahold of anyone to help you out let me know and I will give you a number and a friends name. He does a lot of fishing around the area or he used to.

flygirrl

EastCityKid19
11-28-2010, 12:30 PM
All you have to do is get yourself a good backroads mapbook and just look for small creeks and streams off the beaten path. Those creeks in that province are full of Brookies!. Your not far from the Saint John river there either and you should get excited for fall Stripper fishing. It gets crazy down there the stripped bass fallow the migratory eels up in to the brackesh water where the eels spawn and the fishing is amazing. Become freinds with someone on the base that has a boat and troll large eel pattern rubber and you wont be dissapointed, and i mean big Strippers not small schoolies! Love Pennywise to bro! I know a lot about that province been there tons so if ya have any questions dont be affraid to ask! Good Luck

madcarpenter
11-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Fishing in New Brunswick is one hell of a good time,and huge nightcrawlers fished naturally are king. Most all little creeks and stream are loaded full of eager brook trout, any of the main rivers ( miramichi, Renous, Cain's, Restigouche ) offer excellent salmon, and huge sea-run brook trout fishing. If you're after rainbow trout you're going to have to head a river with a hatchery on it ( shepody river and crooked creek in Alma ) as rainbows aren't found everywhere and are tough to find in good numbers.
If you're after pike, perch, bass, catfish, and land-locked salmon then you're going to want to head 40 kms East of Fredericton to Grand Lake. I've fished there alot entered fishing competitions and have caught tons of big pike and bass.
If you're after HUGE stripers and musky then head to the Saint John river, you'll need a boat for the better fishing but fishing from the shore is still possible, just harder. You'll want to fish eel patterens for stripers and big yellow buzz baits (anything that looks like ducklings ) for musky and pike.
The tidal water fishing is excellent also, fishing can be done from the warfs and brdges and the mackerel are great eating.

If you want more info and some exact locations PM me and I can give you some more info. Being from Moncton, New Brunswick I'm sure I can help you out!

-Mad