PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing comps 2010/2011

Guitarplayingfish
11-25-2010, 06:11 PM
So does anyone know what is going on in southern Alberta this year as far as tournaments? I haven't been in an icefishing tourney since I was young, and I would really like to do some this year. Any information on any tournament close to home (Lethbridge) would be great! PM me if you don't want the entire world to know.

Thanks

npauls
11-25-2010, 06:13 PM
There is a derby at travers, badger, newel, and beaver mines that I know of in the winter. I use to go to them all except badger but now only end up going to the beaver mines one. I may get back into the newel one but am not sure yet. I am not sure on dates but I am pretty sure someone will chime in with some dates for you.

Nate

WayneChristie
11-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Other than hanging out with friends last year at Badger, I wasnt impressed with the derby there. I may try Newell this year, but I wont be back to Badger. Not for the derby anyways.
Nate what was the Travers one like? I didnt hear of one there last winter. Doesnt mean there wasnt one tho

npauls
11-25-2010, 06:29 PM
From what I have heard it has been going down hill the last few years. You have to buy tickets at the hotel in town now instead of right at the lake. I think you also have to weigh the fish at the hotel so it isn't catch and release which kind of bugs me since there is some pretty big pike pulled out of there every year.

Wayne and Braun let me know when you want to go try to get a big pike each and I will do my best to come with and help you succeed in that goal. I have a 22lber to my name but would like something in the 30lbs range if possible. I have a few spots around southern alberta that we could try.

Nate