PDA

View Full Version : Where near lethbridge???

lugeboy
11-25-2010, 07:24 PM
So my oldest has a workshop in lethbridge and I am there all weekend so wondering where I could get some fishing in hoping the water is hard enough.

npauls
11-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Depending on what you would like to catch I can direct you to some spots. Pm me or respond on here and I will pm you some spots for different types of fish.

Nate

lugeboy
11-26-2010, 06:34 AM
It dosen't matter as I C&R so I just want something on the end of the hook.
I gotta kill 8 hours each day rather then driving back to cal. So thought I could find out what is good enough to walk on and try my luck.

Gary K
11-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey Nate I'm looking at heading down in that neck of the woods for a early ice walk on as well. What's frozen up?
Thanks
Gary

rvhomey
11-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Park Lake is frozen good, and close to town. Good luck!!

npauls
11-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Well if you want a bunch of snot rockets that are smaller then you can hit henderson which is right in the city. You can also get pike, perch, brown trout, and brookies from nicholas sheran on the west side of the city or like mentioned before you can head to park lake and get small perch, pike, and whitefish.

If you don't mind heading out of town you can try keho for big pike.

Mcvinny or keenex for trout.

Those are about the only ones I know of that are frozen enough so far.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet me somewhere since I will be sticking close to town this weekend. I mite be going solo also so a few extra people on the lake wouldn't be a bad thing.

Nate

MuleyHunter
11-26-2010, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=npauls;746561]Well if you want a bunch of snot rockets that are smaller then you can hit henderson which is right in the city. You can also get pike, perch, brown trout, and brookies from nicholas sheran on the west side of the city or like mentioned before you can head to park lake and get small perch, pike, and whitefish.

Are you even allowed to go on these ponds? I have always read in the newspaper and heard on the radio in previous years that the city of lethbridge says its not safe to walk on the ice even though i have been on the ice for weeks with the truck

npauls
11-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Once and awhile they will come kick you off but for the most part they don't worry about it anymore. The city makes a skating rink every year at the one end of nicholas sheran and henderson so it can't be all that bad. I fish nicholas sheran quite a bit in a season and have only been kicked off twice.

Nate

MuleyHunter
11-26-2010, 06:29 PM
i gotta try out these ponds one day... see if i can catch something

New Hunter Okotoks
11-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Does anybody know if Keho or Badger is safe to drag a tent on, or even to walk on yet?

npauls
11-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Some spots of keho are alright to walk on. I was there last weekend and my fishing partner had his single man flip over out there and was jigging. I wouldn't want a huge tent with 3 or 4 full grown men in it right now though.

Hey Muley let me know when you want to get out. I try to get out every weekend so I can try to help you out with catching something possibly.

Nate

New Hunter Okotoks
11-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Some spots of keho are alright to walk on. I was there last weekend and my fishing partner had his single man flip over out there and was jigging. I wouldn't want a huge tent with 3 or 4 full grown men in it right now though.

Hey Muley let me know when you want to get out. I try to get out every weekend so I can try to help you out with catching something possibly.

Nate

You just gave me an idea. I have a Frabill Predator portable tent/sled.I should bring a paddle.If the ice breaks underneath it, I can paddle back to shore! JK.

MuleyHunter
11-26-2010, 07:30 PM

Nate

where you from, Lethbridge?

Ryry4
11-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Dress warm, if that wind blows it'll be COLD! :sign0176:

geezer55
11-26-2010, 07:56 PM
St. Mary's Reservoir was still wide open Sunday 21st, had a sheet of ice on it yesterday, won't trust it though.

npauls
11-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Ya muley I live in lethbridge.

I was thinking of maybe going to check out st. mary and if its still open enough to launch my boat I was thinking of possibly launching it sunday haha. I may still make the trek that way and see what I can come up with.

Nate

Guitarplayingfish
11-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Keho is ok to fish?? How thick is ice? The spot I have been going was thinner than it was 2 days ago. fished on 2.5 inches of ice today, caught 8 whitefish. There was open water everywhere, and it made me nervous. damn wind.

New Hunter Okotoks
11-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Keho is ok to fish?? How thick is ice? The spot I have been going was thinner than it was 2 days ago. fished on 2.5 inches of ice today, caught 8 whitefish. There was open water everywhere, and it made me nervous. damn wind.

Thanks very much for the update. I won't be going out on 2 1/2" of ice.
Risk vs. Reward does not make sense to me.

gordfishing
11-27-2010, 05:08 AM
The biggest trout I have seen, never caught , broke my leader one was on the west side of Lethbridge , at Nicohlas Sherdian pond, don't know what the is like but it is 4 to 5 inches here in Calgary
Good Luck
I jigged with a Swedish pimple