PDA

View Full Version : Poalris Hawkeye 300, '06 -'07.

TBark
10-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Anyone own one of these ?
I was looking for a 2nd machine for the son or wife.
It doesn't have to be a beast, nor fast, just a reliable 4x4.
I noticed the specs are 72" front to back which would get it into the box of my Sierra supercrewcab short box, 5' 8".

Thx
TBark

Stinky Coyote
10-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm eyeballing the new honda trx420 for myself....so i've been reading the mags...sounds like the quad your interested in is leader in the class...they seem to really like it. Maybe a rancher 350 used would be a good bet...i'm such a honda fan though so its biased. I like things you can ignore forever and they still work when you need them.

lilsundance
10-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Stinky, I got the trx420fm. all I can say is WOW. Lots of Jam all through the gears. Pretty dang fast for utility quad, I 've had it up to 70 kmh with some throttle left. Thing I really like is 2/4 wheel shift select. Beats the hell out of my 200e trike. :lol: I've got about 12 hrs on it and have only gotten it stuck once so far. My fault as I wasn't watching and sunk one side into a hole. Left the right side up in the air. lol Power wise its got the 400 foreman (2000) beat hands down. One thing I don't like is the smallish racks on it. But I can live with that.
Sorry Tbark, didn't mean to take over your thread. Just thought I would tell stinky he made a great choice if he gets it.
As for the one your looking for I don't like polaris. I borrowed one (different model) a few years ago for a weekend stint to try it out. You could smell it 1/2 hr after going down one line and returning. lol 2 cycle engines:sick:

TBark
10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Ya those 2 cy.
These are 4 cycle now.
I think most polaris from yr 2000 up are 4 cycle.

TBark