PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake

goldentrout
11-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Has anyone caught a fish from Eagle (the one by Strathmore) in the last couple years?

jts1
11-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Spent some time out there last hardwater season. It was filthy ticks with shrimp. Managed a pike everytime I went out but nothing to any real size. Pm me for locations if you are looking

howlin
11-27-2010, 06:57 PM
skunked all this year in that slough,but had a float plane land right beside my boat.pretty cool to watch.

madatter
11-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Spent some time out there last hardwater season. It was filthy ticks with shrimp. Managed a pike everytime I went out but nothing to any real size. Pm me for locations if you are looking

PM sent

botwood
11-28-2010, 07:02 AM
I made that exact trip every other week for 6 yrs and would stop at Tilley B reservoir quite often, I think it's the best you'll find along the way - at least if your looking for something close to the hwy. Its close enough that you can go there for an hour or so and get back on the rd.

DarkAisling
11-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Has anyone caught a fish from Eagle (the one by Strathmore) in the last couple years?

We have a friend who does very well out there, on a regular basis (not a forum member). He fishes by the train bridge.

madatter
11-28-2010, 08:20 AM
I made that exact trip every other week for 6 yrs and would stop at Tilley B reservoir quite often, I think it's the best you'll find along the way - at least if your looking for something close to the hwy. Its close enough that you can go there for an hour or so and get back on the rd.

Fish Tilley,Kuwacki,Newell.....pretty much anything along the way from Hat to Calgary. Closer I get to Cow town the less I know.
I think fishing in general in all the irrigation lakes along the way is no where near as good as it used to be tho.