PDA

View Full Version : Morinville

horsetrader
11-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Has anyone fished morinville res. or Cardiff lake I've never fish either one any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Garry B
11-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi Horse. We have fished in Morinville reservoir for two summers now. There are some trout and lots of little stunted perch in there. More than 40% of the perch have a weird disease which results in ugly growths popping out of their bodies. It's not pretty so we kind of stopped going there.

I saw one person catch a trout and I hooked one (it jumped so could see it was a trout - I assume Rainbow) but didn't land it so can say for sure they were in there this summer at least.

HunterDave
11-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I used to fish the reservoir all the time but I didn't go out there for a few years. Last winter I went out and I was a little disappointed. SOMEHOW perch were introduced into the lake and were at your bait as soon as you dropped your line into the water. They're only little 3" guys and I found them to be a pain in the butt when I was after a nice rainbow. There are plenty of nice trout in there and people are/were catching them but you'll have to put up with the little perch stealing your bait. Oh yeah, the regular anglers seemed to do well with pieces of shrimp on the hook.

horsetrader
11-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the reply guys might take the better half there for a couple
hour just to get out

H