PDA

View Full Version : Went out today.. A few ice and fish reports.. Carson, wab, hasse

RedFisher
11-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Ok went out to carson in the morning and as usual i limited out in about 2 1/2 hours ... ice was anywhere from 3 - 6 inches.... fishing was good bring lots of bait.... no small one's which was kinda wierd last year i was catching -50-60 -10 inchers this time out nothing under 14 inches biggest was right around 21 -22 inches..

on the way back went to wab to check it out ice was sketchy ... drilled a few holes about 30-40 feet out on the ice and yah anywhere from 2 1/2 - 4ish inches...

then went to hasse didnt stay long ice was alittle to shifty for me and im confterable walking on 3 inches... couldnt walk to the island lots of flood water and some very thin spots one place had only 2 inches....

Geezle
11-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the report :)

How was Hasse near closer to shore? Was thinking about going there tomorrow to catch a whack of perch (can get them pretty much anywhere in that place!) with the chance at the odd pike that's not supposed to be in there.

Paul C
11-27-2010, 06:48 PM
This spring they put the wrong size fish in the lake and there about three inches long. Thats the bad news. A CO was worried about the mistake but I smiled and said there is going to be excellent fishing.
The good news is the ice fishing 2010 / 2011 should produce bigger fish this year. I am not surprised to hear that Redfisher were catching bigger ones.
Happy Trout Hunting :sHa_shakeshout:

Paul C
11-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Geezle did you catch any large brookies out at Chickakoo ?

Geezle
11-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Geezle did you catch any large brookies out at Chickakoo ?

Nothing bigger than 12ish inches, though one guy I talked to out there said he saw one rainbow that was 14"-16". It would be nice to get into one of those guys...been there 4 times and haven't even seen one under the hole. Been fishing pretty shallow though, and this guy was out deeper.

Willowtrail
11-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Nothing bigger than 12ish inches, though one guy I talked to out there said he saw one rainbow that was 14"-16". It would be nice to get into one of those guys...been there 4 times and haven't even seen one under the hole. Been fishing pretty shallow though, and this guy was out deeper.

I was out there on Nov 4th in my boat and could see a bunch of followers, most were bows. We were only in about 10 fow but were drawing them off of shore. They were sitting on the drop off. Nothing was of any size that day but it was slow.It was my first time out there so I don't know the lake.

Might go out there tomorrow morning but am worried about the ice thickness with the springs you've mentioned. A few Brookies for Grey cuo appitizers wouldn't hurt.

Geezle
11-27-2010, 07:56 PM
I was out there on Nov 4th in my boat and could see a bunch of followers, most were bows. We were only in about 10 fow but were drawing them off of shore. They were sitting on the drop off. Nothing was of any size that day but it was slow.It was my first time out there so I don't know the lake.

Might go out there tomorrow morning but am worried about the ice thickness with the springs you've mentioned. A few Brookies for Grey cuo appitizers wouldn't hurt.

Ice is good if you stick around shore...in the middle there's still a lot of water on top of the ice. Didn't go to check the thickness of the ice out there...I prefer dry feet :)

Willowtrail
11-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Ice is good if you stick around shore...in the middle there's still a lot of water on top of the ice. Didn't go to check the thickness of the ice out there...I prefer dry feet :)

The spot i want to go to is on the north side so its a long walk from the parking lot. Don't really want to walk accross just yet. Maybe next weekend after another cold week.

Where do you try out there? Are there any good drop offs or piles?

Have you tried out Sauer?

italk2u
11-28-2010, 09:43 AM

That wasn't your vehicle they were towing out yesterday morning was it?
Looked like a black pick up that got a little too close to the water in that cove on the SW side?

Geezle
11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
That wasn't your vehicle they were towing out yesterday morning was it?
Looked like a black pick up that got a little too close to the water in that cove on the SW side?

Nope, wasn't me...I've got a green Jeep (see avatar :)) but I did see the tow truck with that guy there.

I'll take that as a warning to take it easy on the back roads :scared: