PDA

View Full Version : Found The Herd

YamahaMan72
10-29-2007, 01:42 AM
Well i finally found some elk only 12 but elk to say least and 1 legal bull a nice 5x5.Have been watching them for a couple of days and still there every night.So i figure bring out the map and start asking permision as this is private land asked every farmer around the area offered to help on farm until season Nov 1 and the answer is NO NO NO NO NO AND ANOTHER NO .This is why i usally hunt on Crown land O well maybe next time .

VerySavage
10-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Hard to have much sympathy for farmers who's bales are wrecked by maurauding Elk when they won't give you permission to hunt & thin down the Elk herd.
Which is why I too prefer to hunt crown land.
--Ken

geezer55
10-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Have to agree with VerySavage about feeling sorry for farmers who complain about wildlife damaging their fields and bales and won't let hunters use their land. What really gets my goat is these same farmers also ask for government assistance to pay for the damage. They shouldn't be allowed to stop hunters and ask for money from the government.

rugatika
10-29-2007, 08:39 AM
If you are receiving my tax money to pay for wildlife damage, then your land should be open to hunting. You don't want hunters on your land...fair enough; it's your land, but don't give me the finger with one hand while your other hand is pulling money out of my pocket.

turnandburn
10-31-2007, 12:05 PM
YamahaMan,

Where abouts did you see this herd? I work around the cow lake area south west of rocky and seen a herd of about 12 with 3 bulls, one being a very nice 5x5, on private land. I just got permision to hunt some of the land i have see them on. Just wondering if this is the same herd.

Tyler

YamahaMan72
10-31-2007, 12:23 PM
No these ones are south of Caroline

Okotokian
10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
asked every farmer around the area offered to help on farm until season Nov 1 and the answer is NO NO NO NO NO AND ANOTHER NO ..

Oh, but they are happy to take your tax dollars in a myriad of assistance programs. Ask em if they got any mad cow assistance or any other govt program money, then say "You're welcome" and leave....

Mike_W
10-31-2007, 02:56 PM
I think I read a artical not to long ago about "should farmer who dont allow hunting be aloud to claim for damages caused by wildlife"

I would say no they should'nt!

Grizzly Adams
10-31-2007, 07:20 PM
My thought is that you should have been introducing yourself and asking permission months ago. Easier to refuse permission to a stranger than someone you know, even in passing.
Grizz

Donny Bear
11-01-2007, 06:35 AM
I have wrote Ty Lund in the past on this if we all got on Mortin maybe he would act. The crop loss moneies come strait out of the hunters pocket heck even a %tage of farmers would get on board I just talked to a rancher in 302 sick of other farmers offering refuge to the Elk so when hunting season ends they can wreak havoc on his land.:huh: